Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 3:28pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Newbie from Indiana »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Newbie from Indiana
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Newbie from Indiana  (Read 1316 times)
Boyce
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Re: Newbie from Indiana
« Reply #50 on: Jun 21st, 2005, 11:01am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey Charlie.....

my best advice for that Neuro appt is to go into it having done all your homework....print and take all the info you can find about treatments and diagnosis of CHA's.....here's a couple PDF's I found particularly helpful....

http://www.headachedrugs.com/pdf/HA2005.pdf

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

I had to educate my Neuro some, and now when I get into a CHA cycle....all I have to do is call his office and get the scripts I need (o2 and Relpax).  When I am hard into a cycle....I take Relpax 40mg twice daily, each does gives me about 8-10 PF hours....then when the beast starts showing it's face between doses, I knock him down with O2.  I use 15 lpm (the local medical O2 house doesn't have a regulator that gives 12 lpm) and usually 15-20 mins is good for me.  I recommend huffing the O2 for 5-10 mins after the pain goes away, if I quit the O2 as soon as the pain leaves, it comes back in 15 mins worse than before....
IP Logged
jcmquix
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

jcmquix  
Email

Re: Newbie from Indiana
« Reply #51 on: Jun 21st, 2005, 12:00pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

wave Hey Boyce,  
Thanks for the information, believe me I am going to use all of it when I get to see my Nero Doc for the first time.

I did get all the info in the links that you left me there, and thanks again.  bow

I just hope my GP can give me some relief for a few days, I am about to go burry my head in the sand. bigcry  
I am gonna get real pushy with him today, hammer cause I still have over a week before I will see the new Doc.  

smokin

Have a PF evening, I will be on Yahoo Mess Thingy later,
I am jcmquix, look me up if you are on.
IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space. (burnt-toast)
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss