Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 3:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « newbie looking for advice »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   newbie looking for advice
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: newbie looking for advice  (Read 315 times)
mmartin6
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

newbie looking for advice
« on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 10:55am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello all,
  I was so pleased to find this website after searching the web for some information regarding my recent battle with headaches. I a looking to receive some advice about my symptoms.  The past couple weeks I have been getting extremely painful headaches at night.  They first began around 9pm at night, right before bed, but have recently changed and are now waking me up at least once a night, usually between 12 and 2.  They are always behind my right eye and usually last about 1/2 hour. I am a 29 year old male.  Based on the information from this site it sounds as if they are of the cluster type.  

Should a seek medical attention? Is there anything else I should be concerned about? The headaches are causing me to loose sleep, and dread going to sleep at all. I am also concerned throughout the day wondering what may be causing this.  Any advice is greatly appreciated, Thank you all in advance.

C
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: newbie looking for advice
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 11:07am »

Welcome C and sorry you had to find us.  

Quote:
Should a seek medical attention?

Yes, preferably with a neurologist that is very knowledgeable about headaches.

Quote:
Is there anything else I should be concerned about?

A good neuro will help rule out any other possibilites.

Quote:
The headaches are causing me to loose sleep, and dread going to sleep at all.

We all know how that feels.  Undecided

While you wait for your appointment, start keeping a headache diary. Record times of day, duration, intensity, etc. Also, read all you can here. Your symptoms would lead me to suspect CH, so the more you know....the more you can assist your dr in diagnosing you. Look on the Medications board for threads on Melatonin. It helps many with those nighttime hits. Keep us posted, OK?
pain free wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:31pm »

You will find this a good way to learn about clusters.

HEADACHE HELP, Revised edition, 2000; Lawrence Robbins, M.D., Houghton Mifflin, $15. Written for a nonprofessional audience. Highly recommended.

Once you have a firm diagnosis this will give you a good tool to discuss treatments with your doc.

Here is a link to read and print and take to your doctor.  It describes preventive, transitional, abortive and surgical treatments for CH.  (2002)

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  

IP Logged

Bob Johnson
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #3 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 9:02am »

Hi C,
you could also tak the "cluster quiz" on the vertical bar over to the left and bring those results with you to your doctor. It is very important that you do see a doctor for proper diagnosis. read a lot around here and gather info too.  

Non medical stuff to try when you head is hurting:  ice(frozen bag of peas is great) on your head/neck or heat. Different people prefer different things. Sometimes getting in the shower and going from hot to cold water on your head helps too. Breathing steam from a sink full of hot water is another. Or coffee... drinking a strong cup of coffee.

Please let us know how you are doing..
Be well and PF!
-lionsound

IP Logged
unclejake127
New Board Newbie
USA 

everybody loves somebody

unclejake127  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 1:27pm »

Hi C and welcome
 take the cluster quiz and use all tips at lelt  
 go to nero

good luck   Cheesy jim
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss