Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 30th, 2024, 12:24pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Just a newbie introduction »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2004-2005 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Just a newbie introduction
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Just a newbie introduction  (Read 326 times)
Baked
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Just a newbie introduction
« on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:01pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

CoolHello all, My name is Carl and I have also been given the gift of hell. I just wanted to say I feel for all and appreciate knowing that I am not the only one with the beast beating me down. I wish I could talk more but I really worry about my wife, I dont think she can take anymore of this crap. Emily and I have been together since 1992 and life is awsome until the beast comes out to play. Well I will talk more later. thank you all for being here I will tell Emily that I found this site today. Tongue
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Just a newbie introduction
« Reply #1 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 12:06pm »

Hello Carl, looking forward to talking to you more, post about more about you and your ch when you have time.
There is a lot of help and advice we can give, we just need to know what meds you are taking, what you have already tried etc.
Hello Emily too!! You have the hardest job I know being a supporter but here you are valued beyond rubies. I odn't know where any of us would be without our supporters.
There's a lot we can do to help you cope and a hell of alot of supporters post here too, we will all help but there are some terrific supporters you can talk to as well who will really help you get to grips with it and make time for you too!
Welcome to you both
regards
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #2 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 3:38pm »

Welcome Carl (and Emily).

As Helen said, tell us more when you get a chance.  You'll never find a more supportive and helpful group of people.  Be sure you have Emily look at the supporters' section.  Being able to chat with others about what she's experiencing can be invaluable to her and you.

PF Wishes,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
Baked
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 5:07pm »

Hello all,

Wow, what a group. Okay to start I came home from Desert Storm with this gift in 1990 after spending 13 months in the sand. The Navy experimented with multiple pain meds, then CTscans, MRI etc. After three years they came up with a diag of CH and fed me Midrin, (no effect) but forced to take it or else, so I did and suffered. I began to eat Tylenol ES like candy and would even make a paste and swish it around my mouth. After that I just found a corner or secluded area to be in my place of pain and near death feelings. I did this for 2 years without anyone knowing. In 1992 I met Emily in the Navy and we got married along with the CH (poor women she never knew what she was in for, neither did I) Well we moved to Sicily and they started up really bad there and I went through the good ole Navy crap again until a doctor said hey you got CH try DHE45 next time you cycle. This doctor would have a bag and shot ready in the Naval base Hospital just for me. Love them guys for that. Along with that stuff they also gave me narcs (I hate nars they make it worse for me, instead of 2-3 hours of oain narcs make it go 8+. After Sicily we came here to CT and a doctor (civilian said hey try this Imetrix Inj) I thought he was nuts. After the first shot I was hooked. The only problem is when the cycle is bad I suffer like the rest of us and it just sucks and I feel like I'm getting weaker and maybe cant handle another round. The lastest cycle is still in and I think the doc screwed me up. Listen to this. This is all in the last 45 days in chronological order:

Predisone (massive dosage for 2 weeks)
Verapimil 2xday
DHE45 inj
Vicodin
Imitrex inj
Depakote
Topamax

What the hell I almost OD'd on Sunday

Okay Emily's home write later
IP Logged
Kris_in_SJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

There's no place like home.

Email

« Reply #4 on: Sep 23rd, 2005, 7:42pm »

OK Carl ...

I might be wrong on some things, but listen closely.

Prednisone in max doses on a taper will probably help you.  In fact, most would recommend it for a few cycles - not good taken over the long haul, though.

Verapamil taken at fairly high doses (480mg/day for me) is good as a preventative, though it takes about 7-10 days to show affect.  By this time you're weaning down off the Prednisone and the Verap is kicking in.  Sounds good, right?

However, they've also got you on Depakote, Trex and Topomax!  No wonder you almost overdosed!  And, lose the Vicodin - narcs cause rebound headaches and can cause dependency. They don't do squat for CHA's, but make you dopey and sleepy, so you can become dependent without relief.

Please print out this article and talk with your doc about it.  You might also want to seriously check out the link on oxygen to the left.

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

Keep checking in.  Hugs to you both,

Kris
IP Logged

I'm a small woman in small town being chased by a VERY BIG BEAST!
lionsound
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

breathe

« Reply #5 on: Sep 24th, 2005, 9:32am »

Hi Carl,  

Welcome! You'll find that the added bonus of this place for support is a tremendous help. Support is by far the best med around. Smiley

You don't sound happy happy with your current treatment. If it's not working for you,  talk to your doc or better yet, get a NEW one.  Connecticut has piles of neurologists. You desreve proper care.  

Have you ever tried Oxygen? read this:
http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm
it is certainly worth a try and although you need a script for it, it doesn't come with all the sdie effects of medication...it's just air! right now it's one of the few things I can use becuase I'm pregnant.

read, read, read around here and inform yourself ....and please ask questions.  

Quote:
The only problem is when the cycle is bad I suffer like the rest of us and it just sucks and I feel like I'm getting weaker and maybe cant handle another round
We all have felt this way. You and Emily are not alone.

Be well and Pain free!
-lionsound

P.S. The New England Center for Headache is in Stamford, CT  and I drive all the way there from Maine. Highly recommend the place.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss