Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 12:22pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Got Compassion? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Got Compassion?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got Compassion?  (Read 3390 times)
Mrs Deej
CH.com Administrator
USA 

My life is what I make it....and it's beautiful!

Got Compassion?
« on: Nov 11th, 2006, 7:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You know when something becomes meaningful enough to you when it goes from your head to your heart to your hand.  So please bare with me...it's time I get somethin off my chest....PLEASE know that I'm not writing this to point anyone out.

Did I miss something?  Aren't we all here for the same reason...support?  Whether you are a sufferer or a supporter, coming here is a way of life and/or sanity for many.  Listening (reading) to people bitch about others (I know we all don't have to like each other), calling others out (when not at all neccessary), mud slinging, "mines bigger than yours is" attitude, or down right disrespecting others hurts my heart.

Are we not all human beings here?  Do we not all have feelings of comapssion for anyone in this world anymore?

My life on a daily basis at home is not affected physically by this horrible thing, but emotionally with you all it is.  I HATE the fact that those on here suffer, knowing that all I can do is listen (and read).  I can't contribute meds, I can't contribute tips, I can't contribute an answer.  But what I can contribute is the passion to help, be there in the middle of the night, listen, love and NEVER turn my back.  

Many of you may be rolling your eyes while reading this, but atleast I'm a brave enough woman to open myself up to y'all and let you in so you can understand where I'm coming from.  The way my life was going I could have sat back and said, "oh whoa is me..." and wallowed in the bullshit that life was throwing at me, instead I stood up, brushed myself off, (fell in love along the way) and decided to kick it's ass back, pleadging to help others that need more than I do.

We can't always choose the situations that life brings us, but we can choose the attitdes we will use to face them.  The point I'm trying to make is, we may not be blessed with swift words of wisdom, a million dollars, good health, or a spoon-fed life, but what we are all blessed with around here is each other.

Take a moment if you will for me and reflect on your life and what it has thrown you.  Now, think of the person/people on this board that have helped you through the moments of the day or your even your life.

If what you are doing won't make a difference in five years, it probably doesn't matter now.....

I love and support each and everyone of you.  Please remember why you are here, what good you do, and how many people your words or actions effect.  

Respectfully,
Stephanie
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2006, 7:46pm by Mrs Deej » IP Logged

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!

andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

Re: Got Compassion?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 7:38pm »

Smiley. rave on mrs. Deej, fight the good fight. andrew.
IP Logged
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:03pm »

on Nov 11th, 2006, 7:26pm, Mrs Deej wrote:

I can't contribute meds, I can't contribute tips, I can't contribute an answer.  But what I can contribute is the passion to help, be there in the middle of the night, listen, love and NEVER turn my back.  

I love and support each and everyone of you.

Respectfully,
Stephanie

I have many things that i would like to say regarding this post but i just cant put it in to words so instead,

Ime glad your watching over me.

Thank you

Dape  Kiss
IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
Fredmyyster
New Board Old Timer
USA 

SK8 2 Live !

Fredmyyster  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:09pm »

Wished i knew what brought that on... however, i love you too lil miss <3  

Thanx for all that you Both do for us.........
IP Logged

Have pump will travel...
Will work for Pools.
kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #4 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:21pm »

bow hug
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #5 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:55pm »

We can't always choose the situations that life brings us, but we can choose the attitdes we will use to face them.  The point I'm trying to make is, we may not be blessed with swift words of wisdom, a million dollars, good health, or a spoon-fed life, but what we are all blessed with around here is each other.

Respectfully,
Stephanie

TY Steph, words of wisdom from an angel...

Big  hug's
« Last Edit: Nov 11th, 2006, 8:56pm by broomhilda » IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #6 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 9:04pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks Steph  Wink

Sean.................................

IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 9:52pm »

Who is hurting tonight , and how can I help?  

This should be on all of our minds every night.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #8 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 10:20pm »

Amen,  Thanks Steph.

Kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Cathi04
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 11:51pm »

I've said it before, and this is as good a time as any to reiterate.......

CH in itself, causes entirely TOO much pain........why would ANY clusterhead wish another sufferer or supporter any more at all??

Thank you, Steph..great words!!!!!!!!!!1

Cathi
IP Logged

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away.
Jimi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Who loves ya baby!

Hendrix1473  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 12:41am »

DJ is such a lucky man..............now I want to have HER baby. baby

Now it's time for. sleep snore
IP Logged

I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 1:11am »

Did I miss something?  Aren't we all here for the same reason...support?  Whether you are a sufferer or a supporter, coming here is a way of life and/or sanity for many.  Listening (reading) to people bitch about others (I know we all don't have to like each other), calling others out (when not at all neccessary), mud slinging, "mines bigger than yours is" attitude, or down right disrespecting others hurts my heart.

Touche', Mrs Deej  Kiss
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

BB
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
Mongolia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 2:09am »

Thank you so much Steph  Kiss

You have a special knack for touching peoples heart with your sincerity and love and care, no wonder DeeJ is head over heels in love with you  Smiley

Somehow reading your post reminded me of DeeJ's signature: " adversity doesnt build character, it reveals it ".  

You have shown to be a wonderfully caring lady, with courage and integrity, coupled with a determination to make a difference in peoples lives.  

I am honoured  to have you as a cyber sister.  

Sincerely,

Annette
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 4:57am »

and the award for post of the year goes to Steph - now THIS needs to be pinned please Deej, Stephs post at least not the rest of ours.
Thank you Stephie
love
Helen x
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

bothofus
New Board Veteran
USA 

It's got to get better !

« Reply #14 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 8:00am »

Well said Steph.  Your post should be required reading before posting.  I know where you are coming from.

Carl
IP Logged
Dape
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
Great_Britain 

WHY BOTHER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

« Reply #15 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 9:35am »

IP Logged

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F ???
Well i used to Sad
kayarr
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

kayarr2k  
Email

« Reply #16 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 10:32am »

Absolutely correct and nicely but firmly put!

Being on the supporter end of this thing I know that sometimes lack of sleep and ongoing pain cause some grumpiness.  We do have some limits at our house and just because a person is  tired and cranky it doesn't give license to mistreat someone else.  If we treat even family members the way we would a complete stranger (and ya'all feel very much like family hereWink social rules would seldom be breached.

No one is perfect!  Love each other through the slips and forgive the way we hope to be forgiven when we goof up. (and it is WHEN we goof up)

Kimberly
IP Logged

Nothing is impossible! Just believe!!!!!
Mrs Deej
CH.com Administrator
USA 

My life is what I make it....and it's beautiful!

« Reply #17 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 8:43pm »

Just thought maybe a refresher course was in order.....

IP Logged

Live everyday as if it were your last, ALWAYS say 'I love you' when leaving someone dear to your heart and NEVER go to bed angry!

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 8:53pm »

Again.....Touche'  Kiss
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #19 on: Dec 11th, 2006, 10:35pm »

A friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart.

Steph touches hearts wherever she goes.  I am blessed to call her friend, and the news Deej and Steph gave us all should be cause for much joy and happiness, it should remind us at this time of year (and all year) that there are people who do not have a blessed life.

CH sucks.  No question.  Many of us have other health issues as well.  Instead of questioning the validity of a person or their plights, read Steph's post again.

We all suffer the same thing - lets work together to make each others lives as joyous as can be in between the excquisite pain - you see the in between is excquisite pleasure if you know where to look.

Deej and Steph are a shining example of that truth.

Thanks Steph, you are a true angel.  Many times our friends are angels in disquise, and you are certainly one.

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
The  mad viking
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Norway 

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life

svennthorn2003@yahoo.no  
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 5:15am »

WOW   This message got straight to my heart Steph.

Deej and Steph are a shining example of what the word FRIENDS means in my eyes as many of you are.She just put the words to it in an exelent way

The very best from  Svenn
IP Logged

Always Look on The Bright Side of Life
aprilbee
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ain't I a stinkah!!

« Reply #21 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 9:27am »

We all love you too!  Thanks for putting into words what most of us just roll our eyes at and go on to the next thread....you're a blessing here Steph!   Kiss
IP Logged
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

« Reply #22 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 11:07am »

Well put Steph.

The pain is a monster that invades every inch of our lives and yes makes us angry and some times we lash out, but lashing out at a fellow sufferer is wrong, don’t we have enough pain without someone inflicting more?

There have been many times that I have felt baited on this site but have resisted the urge to strike back and have simply ignored the person looking for a fight. Like others I am here to give and receive support nothing more or less and truly do not understand those that seem hell bent on finding a fight, as if that will make them feel better or there pain less intense, last time I checked out bursts of anger does not make pain go away and if you are on the receiving end it only makes it worse.
I actually feel sorry for those that are this way, it just seem they have a lot of hate in them and that can’t be a good way to live especially topping it off with the pain that we live with, I don’t think for a second that it’s the pain that makes them this way, but it is just how they are and for that they have my sympathy even if they don’t wont it.

Matt
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
phillyfrank
New Board Newbie
USA 

clusters suck. but hang in there!!!!!

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 12:25pm »

Smileyhaving someone there to just listen,can be just as good as having someone there to hold your hand, when times are tough.
IP Logged

HANG IN THERE. IT WILL GET BETTER. FRANK IN PHILLY
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #24 on: Dec 12th, 2006, 1:28pm »

Yes, Steph, I do have compassion.

But, I also know that some of the most important and positive changes in my life came when someone called me out and challenged me to think differently than I was showing I was thinking at the time.  

At the time many of these folks might not have been first in my heart, but today, for each person who played the role of challenging me to think differently when I wasn't ingesting the full picture, I thank them.

That includes some of the folks on this site.  Without them calling me and others out I probably would still think that "gutting out" CH is a valid approach. Instead, because of the tough love that exists around here I've moved from simply being a victim/sufferer of CH to being an active manager of my condition -- largely in control of my situation.

I love the love that flows around here. It is essential and everywhere. But, I would present the possibility that love appears in a lot of forms here at CH.com.  

Kiss

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss