Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 5th, 2024, 4:26am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2007 General Board Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?  (Read 1835 times)
cynjeep89
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?
« on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:05pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I have been listening to various news reports regarding the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.

Now, from all that we have heard of previous failed assassinations, suicide bombers, her family's run of "bad luck" and thru interviews with Bhutto, I think she knew that her days were numbered.

I continue to hear the reporters on these news reports asking, "What went wrong?".  "How could this have happened?".

If you knew people wanted to kill you, would you pop your head thru the sun roof of a car with hundreds of people standing near your car?  Sheesh.............. Huh

IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: Benazir Bhutto.  What Were You Thinking?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:09pm »

I have a feeling she knowingly martred herself to assure elections would be held and to improve the odds of the opposition party.  As crazy as that sounds its the only explanation I can think of that makes sense.  

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:09pm, DennisM1045 wrote:
I have a feeling she knowingly martred herself to assure elections would be held and to improve the odds of the opposition party.  As crazy as that sounds its the only explanation I can think of that makes sense.  

-Dennis-

Wow, never thought of that, but does make some sense I guess.  Shocked

I can't wait till some liberal cock-sucker opens the gates at Guantomino Bay.  

I think the schools in the U.S. will be the first hit, that'll be the payback.  

Its only a matter of time.

IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:26pm »

She had a set of balls that very few men in this world have to do what she did in a country that hung her father.

The only person in America that would have a set that big would be a soldier, to willing give their own life to save the lives of country men!

You wont find no pol in America with a set that size......EVER!!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:33pm »

If whomever can get to Bhutto in the middle of the day in Karachi, then it seems likely they can do what they want about anywhere. Taking her out is cheating for sure.
Someones uncle should secure our borders and stop cleaning everyone else's back yard.  
I don't know who to shoot at first ,the politicians or the terrorists.  
What a senseless act of terror.  
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:42pm »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:33pm, thebbz wrote:
Someones uncle should secure our borders and stop cleaning everyone else's back yard.

Terror is something Americans don't have to deal with on a regular basis at home.  

Thats the main reason this is an unpopular war. People forget. They feel secure again.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:48pm »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:33pm, thebbz wrote:

Someones uncle should secure our borders

See, the pols dont even have a set big enough to build the 700 miles of fence that was approved....out fucking rageous!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

chewy

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:52pm »

Quote:
Terror is something Americans don't have to deal with on a regular basis at home.

Actually we do have to deal with it on a regular basis. Differance is we do it through preventive measures where other countries find themselves taking reactive measures. I dont need some liberal punk telling me my government is infringing on my civil and privacy rights. What I need is my government to take a proactive stance to protect us from terrorist consequences

What we dont deal with with on a regular bais is the consequences of terrorist actions like the one heading this thread.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:54pm »

Never heard of a popular war. Shocked  Forgot about Pearl Harbor, forgot about WTC in 95. Politicians cant remember anything past their own election. It is unfortunate that Bhutto got it. Perhaps it will help people remember what the deal is.
Kill or be killed. Not much mercy in fanatical terrorism.
thebb
IP Logged

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:55pm »

Holy shit Chewy, where did that come from  Grin

thumb
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #10 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 8:58pm »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:26pm, Jonny wrote:
She had a set of balls that very few men in this world have to do what she did in a country that hung her father.

She stood up and backed the U.S. in the search in Afghanistan for bin Laden.

Quote:
Benazir Bhutto defends US attack  

22 August 1998 - Saturday - 28 Rabi-us-Saani 1419  

KARACHI, Aug 21: Opposition leader Benazir Bhutto said on Friday the United States was within its rights in attacking guerilla camps in Afghanistan.
The former prime minister was speaking to Reuters in an interview in Karachi while across the city demonstrators held rallies, burning the US flag and effigies of President Bill Clinton.

Anti-US protests erupted after Friday prayers in several cities of the country.  

Ms Bhutto, who has been fighting allegations of corruption since losing power in November 1996, said the air strikes on Afghan territory did not directly concern Pakistan.

"They (the Taliban) have apparently given refuge to an Arab who is leading a Jihad against the United States and who apparently sponsored the bombings," she said, referring to the exiled Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden.

She said there was a misconceived perception that Pakistan supported the Taliban, and that the air strikes were indirectly aimed at Pakistan, which was "not really the case".

Ms Bhutto said the government should clearly explain that the United States had acted according to its rights under the United Nations charter, and reassure the Pakistani people that it would voice their reservations about the military option.

Ms Bhutto said she would have preferred Clinton to have used the United Nations route to pursue the bombers.

But she added that Clinton had acted according to UN provisions.

"The United Nations charter gives every nation the right to self defence, therefore when the American embassies were bombed it was a matter of time before the Americans responded by going for what they suspected were the causes of the attack," Ms Bhutto said.-Reuters

and has an impressive one-page bio

http://www.achievement.org/autodoc/page/bhu0bio-1

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2007, 9:04pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 9:16pm »

Now all the politicians running for president are sparring back and forth like they lived with her or something. Its a big spin on fargin relations and taking shots at each other. I'm sure I will puke if I continue watching.
 Smiley
thebb
IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 9:20pm »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 9:16pm, thebbz wrote:
Now all the politicians running for president are sparring back and forth like they lived with her or something.

Not one of them would have the balls to do what Bhutto, did......NOT FUCKING ONE!!!!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Sean_C

Email

« Reply #13 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 9:41pm »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 9:20pm, Jonny wrote:
Not one of them would have the balls to do what Bhutto, did......NOT FUCKING ONE!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh you sure about that Grin Grin

IP Logged
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #14 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 10:24pm »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:42pm, Sean_C wrote:

Thats the main reason this is an unpopular war. People forget. They feel secure again.

Right. 9/11 has caused us to act a little "European." We don't like it and don't do it well yet but the Atlantic isn't as effective as it once was in keeping us comfy from these bottom feeders. All I ask is for Washington to keep its eye on them, not me and my neighbors.

She was imperfect but like you say here: She had balls. Not much on the horizon to replace her

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #15 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 10:45pm »

Quote:
The assassination of Benazir Bhutto jolted the race for the White House as candidates scrambled for political advantage while condemning the attack.

The candidates are scrambeling to use this to their own advantage?    WTF????????????????

I say lets not vote for anyone who is running right now.  Not one of them deserves to be in the Oval Office or be the leader of the free world.   NOT one of them.  

IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Dec 27th, 2007, 10:48pm »

God rest that dear lady's soul.  A mere 54 years young.  So brave so smart and with such grand ideas of freedom and democracy... Be free with the angels Benazir !

Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #17 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 12:49am »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:52pm, chewy wrote:

What we dont deal with with on a regular bais is the consequences of terrorist actions like the one heading this thread.

I guess that depends on what side of the tracks you live on. Take a walk one night down Union Ave. in South Bronx, New York or any number of other urban "War zones" If you live to talk about it, maybe you can tell us how wonderful the visit was and how exhilarating it was to have such a safe warm fuzzy feeling in such an affluent neighborhood. Any pocket of poverty in this country is a willful act of self imposed terrorism. Allowing it to continue is criminal in and of itself.

After what I've experienced by this current administration "Countless lies, the drain of the US resource into the coffers of cronies through the war machine and a never ending list of terror tactics.) I'm beginning to wonder who the real enemy is.

We are being fed an endless stream of bullshit designed to pacify the masses. The patriotic and our youth are being exploited in this war effort and in the end as with most wars the rich always get richer. Complain about what's going on and immediately you are black-marked as being "un-American or a liberal"  

Do you want to know what is un-American and treasonous.... the way the Disabled American Veterans are treated upon return after giving up so much and acting so bravely. Ever wonder how much it costs to run this war... and do you ever wonder who owns the company's which make the tools of war? You can bet your bottom dollar that the profits do not go into the tin cups of the broken soldiers nor their families.

I say Take the two by four out of our own eye first before worrying about the speck of dust in someone else's eye.

Why we continue to allow this to go on is baffling to me... if you want to be patriotic do something to improve the conditions for the Disabled American Vets.

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
BarbaraD
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hugs to ya

Email

« Reply #18 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 7:04am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 12:49am, artonio7 wrote:

I guess that depends on what side of the tracks you live on. Take a walk one night down Union Ave. in South Bronx, New York or any number of other urban "War zones" If you live to talk about it, maybe you can tell us how wonderful the visit was and how exhilarating it was to have such a safe warm fuzzy feeling in such an affluent neighborhood. Any pocket of poverty in this country is a willful act of self imposed terrorism. Allowing it to continue is criminal in and of itself.

After what I've experienced by this current administration "Countless lies, the drain of the US resource into the coffers of cronies through the war machine and a never ending list of terror tactics.) I'm beginning to wonder who the real enemy is.

We are being fed an endless stream of bullshit designed to pacify the masses. The patriotic and our youth are being exploited in this war effort and in the end as with most wars the rich always get richer. Complain about what's going on and immediately you are black-marked as being "un-American or a liberal"  

You are right Tony -- We don't UNDERSTAND what's going on in the rest of the world and we're being fed a line of BULLSHIT because our so-called leaders don't understand it either. We're taking "freedoms" away from Americans in the so-called efforts to free the world for democracy.  

Our people are starving while we're trying to feed the rest of the world. Our kids are going uneducated while we're trying to educate third world kids. Our people are going without medical care while we're sending medical help to other countries. We're pushing our beliefs down people's throats while taking them away from our people.  

Our country was founded on religious beliefs (In God we Trust) but now we're being banned from saying Merry Christmas for fear of "offending" someone. We have kids in high school who can't read and write.  

Our terror alert should be at RED - not from outside but from our own politicians who are running our country and from US who are letting it happen.  

Hugs BD
IP Logged

What don't kill ya, Makes ya stonger!

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #19 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:34am »

One thing we can't also forget, there has been a declared jihad against the U.S. and other countries, ignoring it would create death and problems for as many innocent people as they will, unabated.
« Last Edit: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:35am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Maffumatt

Email

« Reply #20 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:42am »

She should have been a good Muslim woman and stayed at home.
IP Logged
Paul98

Email

« Reply #21 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 8:52am »

on Dec 27th, 2007, 8:52pm, chewy wrote:

Actually we do have to deal with it on a regular basis. Differance is we do it through preventive measures where other countries find themselves taking reactive measures. I dont need some liberal punk telling me my government is infringing on my civil and privacy rights. What I need is my government to take a proactive stance to protect us from terrorist consequences

Spot on Chew!

-P.
IP Logged
Ghost
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Farting relieves the pressure

« Reply #22 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:02am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 8:52am, Paul98 wrote:

Spot on Chew!

-P.

OMG Helen you have converted poor paul WHY? Wasnt he fine already? Tongue Tongue Tongue Tongue

(snickering to myself)

Mike
IP Logged

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum
If all men are endowed by their creator, why was mine so short sighted?

***WARNING*** Oxygen will rust your pipes!Wink
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #23 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:34am »

on Dec 28th, 2007, 7:04am, BarbaraD wrote:

You are right Tony -- We don't UNDERSTAND what's going on in the rest of the world and we're being fed a line of BULLSHIT because our so-called leaders don't understand it either. We're taking "freedoms" away from Americans in the so-called efforts to free the world for democracy.  

I haven't lost any freedom Barb, have you?

Our people are starving while we're trying to feed the rest of the world.  

We have welfare, the only way your going hungry is if you want to.

Our kids are going uneducated while we're trying to educate third world kids.

We have one of the largest school rehabilitation programs going on right now, these kids today have everything.

Our people are going without medical care while we're sending medical help to other countries.

Its law in Massachusetts that "every" employer gives its employees health care. We also have Mass health if your to lazy, an illegal immigant etc.  

We're pushing our beliefs down people's throats while taking them away from our people.  

What beliefs? Democracy?

Our country was founded on religious beliefs (In God we Trust) but now we're being banned from saying Merry Christmas for fear of "offending" someone.

Thats liberal policy.

We have kids in high school who can't read and write.

They play football and make 14 million a year. Seriously, I wonder where mom and dad were and why they didn't notice over the years.

Our terror alert should be at RED - not from outside but from our own politicians who are running our country and from US who are letting it happen.  

Exactly  Grin Grin

Hugs back at ya Barb  Grin
IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #24 on: Dec 28th, 2007, 9:37am »

What was she thinking? Probably something along the lines that Martin Luther King was thinking in Memphis, when he talked about the threats against him shortly before he was killed.  
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss