Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 9:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else in Australia? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else in Australia?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  8 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else in Australia?  (Read 3486 times)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Anyone else in Australia?
« Reply #25 on: Jul 17th, 2005, 8:18am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Jul 16th, 2005, 4:36pm, Kiwiinoz58 wrote:
Hey Brian you dill I do be a girl!! Or I should say " I am woman"

Forgive my mispront.

I be but a simple man of limited means and intellect.  By way of apology I lay me on the floor so you can kick me with the feet I shall happily annoint in goat's milk, before peeling you yet another grape.

And yes I've seen your beaches, and I know why you host some of the greatest surfing contests in the world (after Texas, of course).  I've also a nannagai recipe I'll PM you.

As for O2, you're making just a tiny little mistake in simply asking for it.  Go back to your friendly doctor and bloody well DEMAND it!  

If he's a he, marry him.  If a she, take her husband and children hostage until that simple script is in your hand, and BOC will fill it within 10 minutes.  

Don't let 'em muck you about on this one, because they will if they can.  Their beaurocratic double-speak is just the same as what comes out the southern end of a north-bound bullock.

Keep smiling, rain's coming soon or else,  

Brian up north.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

39601840 39601840   kiwiinoz57  
Email

« Reply #26 on: Jul 17th, 2005, 5:06pm »

Mmmmmmmmm not sure about the goats milk  Roll Eyes  

As with most country towns in Oz the GP here is not Aussie but a black as African.  
Surprisingly though he has a good command of the strine and was reasonably well informed and took all the printed out info I gave him to photo copy and read.  

Taking your advise to heart if I haven't heard anything within the next couple of days I shall endeavor to get an appointment and do a litttle pushing for the O2. The main prob there is that there is usually a wait of at least a week, often longer to see the bugger.  
I've also sent an e-mail to BOC to see if we can have O2 delivered here and in what quantities.

Rain?? We've had enough now, time for some sunshine, so a fishing we can go Cheesy

Cheers, Jacqs
IP Logged

We are here for a good time not a long time. Time then to think outside the square and to give and get the best possibles of love and life.
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #27 on: Jul 18th, 2005, 7:22am »

HI Brian and Jacqs,

Sounds like everyone likes to fish. I live 50m from Lake Budgewoi. The only decent fish we catch here is bream and flathead. The kids love going out on the boat and fishing for 15 minutes before asking to ride to another spot for another 15 minutes and so on.  SmileyThe beach is 10mins by car and I love a fish of the beach at night or early in the morning. More flathead and bream as well as jewfish, taylor and plenty of rays and little sharkies. (do I actually swim with all of them?)

I took out a trainee at work today who suffers CH. He was the first CHer I've seen in the flesh. Told him about the site, so maybe we will get to speak to him soon here.

Anyway hope everyone is well.
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #28 on: Jul 18th, 2005, 7:35am »

on Jul 18th, 2005, 7:08am, paul_pero wrote:
There seems to quite a few of us in Aust sadly.

Goes back a while now but I took out a patent on CH so's I was the only one world-wide allowed to suffer it.  All others had to ask my specific permission before having an attack, or simply not have an attack at all.

Regrettably there's been infringement after copyright infringement and people are still allowing themselves to be zapped.

Their own bloody fault, I reckon.  Download illegally the rightful intellectual property of another and you bear the consequences.

Fair dinkum, there's no helping some people!
IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jul 18th, 2005, 4:59pm »

Brian it's a shame you didn't keep the CH's to yourself, fair go mate we could all live without them laugh.

Yep Paul fishing is the life and it's great to hear that you take the kids out. I learned to love it cos my dad did the same with us. My partner fishes part time proffessionally here with a partner and I get some interesting fish brought home sometimes, but my fav is prob flathead. One I miss though is flounder. In NZ we used to get them a lot but no netting allowed here.
Cheers guys,
Jacqs
IP Logged

We are here for a good time not a long time. Time then to think outside the square and to give and get the best possibles of love and life.
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jul 19th, 2005, 1:13am »

Hi Jacqs
Barry here welcome hope things are getting better for you.

Im only a new member to the site myselfe, found it around christmas when going through another hit.

I've only had it for about five & a half years and this is the second time but this time around I look like I might be in for a long trip, still getting shadows six months after the first hit.

I read in another post that you are in Ceduna, I am an expat croweater my home town is Peterborough but i've been over here in WA since 1968 and have lived in the Pilbara for the last 23 years so I guess i'm a sandgroper now.

Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jul 19th, 2005, 5:50pm »

Hi Barry, yes it's sad that we all have to meet here but it is certainly so much better than doing it alone! My partner is from WA & used to live in Geralton but I can't find the place you live in my map book anywhere. I'm lucky he is very supportive but as with all supporters there's nothing they can do to help really.

My CH's started March last year and were horrendus for 8 months 5-6 days a week. The Verap dose was increased and I was 2 mths PF but they came back with a vengence. Had only 9 PF days since then and the last week has been as bad as ever. Yesterday it they reached 91/2 on the kip scale and the Imigran didn't help. On average now I get 6-7 hits a day and 5-6 days a week. The pain is bad enough but when they finally depart for the day I'm left totally buggered, no energy at all. Goodness knows how I managed to work with them, thank heavens I was able to retire early Grin

Here's hoping your cycle is short and you get lots of PF time,
Cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

millsy
New Board Newbie
Australia 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #32 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 5:36am »

Hi Paul

Thanks for the training day on Monday.  This looks like a great site for CH sufferers.  

Good to see the 02 is working.  Still hoping I don't get my 1.05 am nightly wake up call.  Good to see this good website for all of us poor sufferers.

Millsy
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #33 on: Jul 20th, 2005, 6:49am »

'day Millsy, and I've visions of you and Paul sitting in the front of the ute arguing about whose turn it is on the oxy bottle!  Fair dinkum, I won't sleep tonight just thinking about it and it's all your fault.

Either way, welcome to mayhem.  Look around the place and ask all the questions you like because we reckon there's no such thing as a silly one (though there's some pretty silly answers).

It's a wealth of information here and you're amongst people who understand only too well what you're going through.  Not just the pain but all the fears and we're all on your side.

Also, PM me anytime if there's anything I can help with that you don't want to make too public.  You're secrets will be perfectly safe with me because the only person I otherwise discuss this with is the editor of the Sidderny Telegraph, and I'm sure he can be trusted.

All the best to you and yours,

Brian Up North.

PS   Wait till you're PF and Paul ain't, then crack a tinnie.
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 2:32am »

PS   Wait till you're PF and Paul ain't, then crack a tinnie.

Struth Brian thats nearly as bad as steelin a mans beer.

Cheers people
Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #35 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 2:48am »

Yeah, but Paul's a boss and Millsy's a worker and that makes it fair.

You heard from the girls lately?  Thay've been a bit quiet and I worry for them.

Brian.
IP Logged

AussiePaula
New Board Newbie
Australia 

« Reply #36 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 7:15am »

Hi Paul,

Have sent you a message, I have just joined today.  My husband has been suffering from CH for a long time.  We haven't had any trouble getting O2.  We live at Ettalong, about 30 mins south of you.  Let me know if we can help.

IP Logged

Paula
Wife to Peter, Cluster Headache Sufferer, 15 years
Mum to fabulous 4 year old son.
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #37 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 8:35am »

HI all,

I think there is too many of us in Australia. This is supposed to be the lucky country!

Brian, I wish I was a boss. I just took millsy out on the road to show him the ropes. If I was the boss I'd be  whipping the staff to work harder laugh.

and I'm almost ready for my beer. I think I'll try this weekend. It'll be a good test to see if they've gone.

It's been afunny cycle this time. Currently i'm getting one HA every 2-3days usually at 7am. I've never had it like this, they usually just hit every night (it might skip a night here and there) and then stop. I don't know if its the melatonin or the O2 changing the cycle.

And Brian I wish you took me to court for your patent 14 years ago. I could have given them back to you back then. Now I think its too late. They seem to have attached themselves to me. Cry

Paul

IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #38 on: Jul 21st, 2005, 8:59am »

Trading Melatonin for grog?  That's got to be the deal of the century!  Go for it, mate, and I'll have one at this end with you.

Never tried the stuff myself, but from what I've heard from all our friends here I'll certainly consider it next time round.  I've been pretty much drug-free for 10yrs now,  found they were causing me more upset than just fighting the dragon alone.  But to each his own.

What is it about the Central Coast that suddenly CH is pandemic?  Are you contagious or something?  

It's not as though we've had some change of government but I still reckon John bloody Howard's to blame.  Him and Amanda bloody Vanstone.

I also blame them both for the weather just now.  Fair dinkum, blow the dog off the chain.  Just cast a lure and it landed fully 250 meters away - behind me.  Reckon I'll open a bottle of sandwiches instead.

Cheers and beers,

Brian.
IP Logged

paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #39 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 8:39am »

Good news, I'm PF 4 days and have had my first beer without any repocusions.  Actually today I've had 8 beers so far. Cheesy And enjoying them. Cheesy Gotta go and make up for lost time.  Cheesy
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #40 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 8:50am »

on Jul 23rd, 2005, 8:39am, paul_pero wrote:
Good news, I'm PF 4 days and have had my first beer without any repocusions.  Actually today I've had 8 beers so far.  And enjoying them. Gotta go and make up for lost time.  Cheesy

Tryping with one hand, drinking to your bloody fine health with with the other.

Hat's off to ya,

Brian.
IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #41 on: Jul 23rd, 2005, 10:37am »

My fingers are crossed for you Paul, hope it lasts forever Smiley
Cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #42 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 8:05am »

C'mon Paul,  it's been 24hrs since you logged out to go to the rubbedy!  How'd you get on?

I'm hoping against hope you're still too wobbly-booted to type.  Please tell me I'm right.
IP Logged

Moulis
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Does it hurt much?Is that why your eye is closed?

« Reply #43 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 8:36am »

Hey folks,just found this site after waking up at 2 am and trying to ride another one out. It was like finding all my symptoms and traits in 5 minutes.
I live in brissie at the moment but they have followed me up here too. I visited my first brissie Gp the other day and told him i suffered ch's and needed some deseril. He thought i was a junkie.I had to explain what i knew about CH to him and how treat them...which was bugger all, except that i dont know why i get em, they hurt like i cant explain and then they go....then they come back...ra rar ra.
anyway...i spose they will go again soon and i'll be able to live some kinda normal life.
This site has given me heaps more than ive learned in 15 years in less than an 10 minutes.
Cheers every1,
Moulis
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #44 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 9:04am »

Moulis, how many bars are there in the average pub?  How many pubs in the average town?  How many towns in the average state, and I have to meet you here!!!!

Come the revolution, I tell you, things will be different and the Beast will be first with his back to the wall.

Otherwise, welcome aboard.  Don't know Brissie that well myself and every time I've been there I got hopelessly lost.  You say you just got there from further south so I'm guessing you're from around the central coast of NSW.  That's where Paul-bloody-Pero lives and he's contagious.

So, how are ya?  Sorry you're here but it's the best place to be if you're suffering.  The only defence we have against this nightmare is information and this is the place to get it.  There's also heaps and mobs of people who know from the inside what it's like - as opposed to doctors who think we're junkies.

Stay in touch and PM me anytime.  You're no longer alone.

Kindest regards,

Brian.
IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 8:00pm »

Hi Moulis,

Shame we have to meet here, but it's just THE best place for us CHers. You'll get all the info and support you need. Keep in touch and ask lots of questions and everyone will do their best to help. Welcome aboard !
Cheers,
Jacqs Smiley
IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #46 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 8:02pm »

PS Brian,

Any chance of that nannagai recipe? I'd love to give it a try. Anyway how are ya doing lately way up in the north there Smiley

Cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #47 on: Jul 24th, 2005, 8:59pm »

Sure, Jacqs.  I'll just take Denny her coffee so she can keep working, then I'll come back here and continue enjoying myself.

Edited to add:  Done. Check your PM inbox, and I'm dinkum in the choice of wine - one perfectly off-sets the other.

Cheers and beers,

Brian.
« Last Edit: Jul 24th, 2005, 9:47pm by AussieBrian » IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #48 on: Jul 25th, 2005, 9:16am »

on Jul 24th, 2005, 8:05am, AussieBrian wrote:
C'mon Paul,  it's been 24hrs ........

48hrs now, and we want deatils.  What's her name, her place or yours, photo evidence?

Importanter even is - didja slay the dragon???

Please tell us yes.

We worry,

Brian.
IP Logged

Moulis
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Does it hurt much?Is that why your eye is closed?

« Reply #49 on: Jul 25th, 2005, 10:25am »

Hey folks, its interesting to read the different ways these low bastard things effect our lives.ive just started to read some other peoples stories and have diagnosed my self with periodic ch's. I feel so sorry for the chronic sufferers who get little or no remorse.My life grinds to a halt nearly and as you all know you cant plan a day without having it destroyed. I tried to alter my sleeping last night and woke up at 6 am with that little twinge that i get that tells me its coming.U ssually takes about an hour or so to shake but this one took 4 hours, and then hung on the rest of my head like a hangover for the rest of the day. It is amazing that there seems to be so many walking around going thru what i am and i havent met anyone personally who suffers.  
Anyway folks,
Stay sane, step up to it, and battle all ya can,the way i see it..we win in the end,besides....what else can we do?lol.
Cheers
Moulis
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  8 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss