Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 10:20pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Anyone else in Australia? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Anyone else in Australia?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  8 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Anyone else in Australia?  (Read 3488 times)
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

Re: Anyone else in Australia?
« Reply #50 on: Jul 25th, 2005, 8:10pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

The monster can win only if you let it.  Rule one of this horror show is staying in charge.

Otherwise, how are ya?  And what's Deseril, I'm not familiar with it.

Weather fine, track fast,

Brian.
IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
Moulis
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Does it hurt much?Is that why your eye is closed?

« Reply #51 on: Jul 26th, 2005, 12:18am »

The rail is out 3 metres from the 1200m to the 400m, where the cutaway rail applies.
Im good, got a day off. literally and no pain either,just bought a cheap fishin reel from the pawn shop and now im happy.cheers.
Moulis
IP Logged
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #52 on: Jul 26th, 2005, 6:46am »

Gday

I'm still PF. It won't be back for 8-18 months now. Don't know when or where, but if the last 14 years are anything to go by, they will be back.

Soory to meet a new sufferer to the site. Welcome anyway Moulis. As you have already found there is plenty of valuable info to read here. Hope Brisbane treats you well. Good luck with the new rod.

Brian, I've been with my wife, Linda. There's no one else.

I'm so glad the dragon is sleeping now. I'll be returning the oxygen and will definitely get it next time, it trully did work wonders for me this time. I'm so glad that I found this site and got help & support from everyone during the cycle.  

I'll still keep on with the site. If I can help anyone like you guys helped me, I'll be stoked.

Paul
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #53 on: Jul 26th, 2005, 7:25am »

on Jul 26th, 2005, 6:46am, paul_pero wrote:
I'm still PF........ I'll still keep on with the site. If I can help anyone like you guys helped me, I'll be stoked.

Music to any CHead's ears.

Cheers and beers,

The Team.
IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

39601840 39601840   kiwiinoz57  
Email

« Reply #54 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 9:23pm »

Got some nannigai brought home yesterday Brian so tried your recipe. My partner, Steve is a KG Whiting only man but he tried this dish last night and you should have seen the amazed look on his face. This is beautiful said he and I agree.
Thanks heaps,
Cheers,
Jacqs  Cheesy
IP Logged

We are here for a good time not a long time. Time then to think outside the square and to give and get the best possibles of love and life.
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #55 on: Jul 31st, 2005, 9:40pm »

The extra bit of work is well worth it.  Did you go with the Pinot Noir?

Even more better, did you pick up on Paul's news?  Bloody beaudy!  Also, Michelle's promised to write soon.  She's been pretty busy but all seems well.

Back to the kitchen for me, I'm afraid.  Got 10 chooks to get on the rotisserie. It's a job I don't ordinarily enjoy so I just pretend they're all John Howard.

Bottoms up,

B.

IP Logged

paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #56 on: Aug 1st, 2005, 6:25am »

Hi all,

Brian, sounds like you got a party happening.(10 chooks!!) or you are bloody hungry. Smiley

Its been a good week PF. Its like it never happened. It always is like this. I get it for a while, then live life like normal UNTIL that dreaded pain reappers. I guess its the same for all of CHers.

Paul
IP Logged
Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #57 on: Aug 2nd, 2005, 5:23am »

Paul it's fantastic that you are still PF, great news!

No Brian just stuck with my normal unwooded chardonay but it was loverly Grin

Shalom and cheers!
Jacqs
IP Logged

We are here for a good time not a long time. Time then to think outside the square and to give and get the best possibles of love and life.
paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #58 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 5:33am »

hi hope evryone doing ok out there.

jacqs, have you got O2 yet. I'll check your other thread in a minute to see.

Hows the weather around oz? Down here its been a beautiful summers day in the middle of winter. Could have gone swimming if the water wasn't so cold. We still need rain, but its not coming.

Paul
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #59 on: Aug 7th, 2005, 6:06am »

G'day Paul, good to hear all's well.  You still PF? (You lucky, lucky bar steward.)  

All good this end, thanks.  Weather a bit wooly, winds fair to frightening - 3 bodies recovered, 5 missing presumed dead - so of course the fish are off the bite and we're having to make do with crabs and crays. Bit of rain we got with it settled the dust but made no difference at all to our water restrictions (it's turned on for 2 hours, three times a day).

Heard from Jacqx a couple of days back.  Usual song and dance in getting O2 she's ploughing on.  Picking up an off-road camper in Adelaide and spending 12 months going round the block.  Never know, you might get a visit.

My dancing partner's just dropped in to give me further lessons, but pass on my best to the others as you see them.

Cheers and beers,

Brian up north.
IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #60 on: Aug 8th, 2005, 10:54pm »

Hi guys,
Well I finally got everything sorted out re the O2. Rather than buy it yet the doc has arranged for me to get the treatment in the E R for a couple of times to see if it works.  
Of course since that was all done I haven't had a CH bad enough to go.
Murphy's Law I reckon.

Cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #61 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 6:25am »

Hi  

Jacqs, it's good to hear you got O2 now, and good to hear that you havn't had to use it yet. I hope you don't need to for a while. Does it mean you havn't had one yet, or just that you havn't had a serious $%^&#* HA since you got it? I found it helped get rid of the low Kips as well as as the really bad ones.  

Down here like up in Brians territory we havn't had a decent enough fall of rain. It seems everyday is going to be fine a sunny for a while. Its hard to complain when winter is fine and 22 degrees. We have had a couple of cold ones this last week.  

I've been starting work early and finishing late this last week to try and build up our bank balance. Had little time to jump on the net. Will do the same for the next  couple of weeks .

Cheers
Paul
IP Logged
Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #62 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 6:26pm »

Wish I could say I haven't had any Ch's Paul, but no such luck.  Most of them have been a little less intense and also changed tact as in each one isn't lasting as long as they used to. Soooooo the few times I've decided to go try the O2 by the time I've got ready the bugger has gone and then it's usually about 15-20 mins before the next one.  
Another factor involved is that my doc and I think I may also have Chronic Paroxysmal Hemicrania, but he wants me to try the O2 before he tries the Indomethacin.
What more could one want than another type of headache to deal with Roll Eyes
We have had some decent rain falls in the last few weeks but it's been cold too. Yesterday was very warm but it's raining again today. Not had any weather nice enough to take the boat out for a while so I'm suffering fishing withdrawl.
Have a great PF day guys,
cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #63 on: Aug 13th, 2005, 6:44pm »

Hiya, Jaqcs, and sorry you're hurting. There's a few of us doing it a bit tough just now.  Except Paul-bloody-Pero, of course.  He gave his to the apprentice and has been laughing at us ever since!

Maybe that's what we all need - apprentices.  (Nah, on second thought I'm not sure I'd even give 'em to John-bloody-you-know-who.)

As to the O2, and perhaps the doc is unaware of it, is the importance of getting onto it the moment you get hit.  Many of us have found that the longer you leave it the less effective it's going to be. Perhaps that might hurry your script up a bit.  

There's also a lot of our American friends have got their own mask and buy O2 direct from the welders' shop. Dunno about the health and safety aspect of it but maybe it's a hole worth throwing a line into.

Either way, good luck, and have you heard from Moulis? Last I knew she'd bought some fishing gear and that's that so either they're biting like mad or the bunyips got her.

Cheers and beers,

Brian.
IP Logged

Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #64 on: Aug 14th, 2005, 10:54pm »

Hi you lot
I've been workig out bush for the last few weeks so havent been able to post for a while.
Good to see everyone's keeping in contact.
I got hit with the old nausea a couple of weeks ago and ended up in the ER via ambulance but after half an hour on the O2 I was Popeye on spinach and could have taken on the world.

A bit of good news regarding O2, I was under the assumption that I would have to get a script from my Doc to be able to get the O2 but I rang my local BOC where I have an account for other gasses and I was able to get medical O2 straight up no problems, I had to purchase a flow regulator at around $95.00, the non-rebreather mask I got from the ER as they dont reuse them and I use the normal welders O2 regulator that the flow regulator attaches to, so now I am all set up ready to hit the demon head on if I have to.

We may have another Aussie joining the ranks shortly, A childhood best friend ( John )and best man at my wedding has had CH for the last 30 years and hadn't told me, it was just by chance that our wives caught up with each other just after I got hit the other weekend and naturally the conversation turned to how the family was getting along and of course CH came up and Johns  wife then told my wife about John having CH as well.
I gave him a ring last Saturday night and we spoke for nearly three hours ( we got a lot of CHit of the chest ) and feel a lot better for it.

I have pointed him to this site and he's going in as soon as he goes back to work, he like me has access to the Net from his employer so dont have it at home.

Ill get of the gabble for now and check in daily for the next couple of weeks before I go bush again.

PFD&N
Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #65 on: Aug 15th, 2005, 3:17am »

Three hours on the blower?  You'd have been like a pair of old biddies over the back fence.  Hope you had your skirts on.  But what a coincidence, eh.  All those years and you both kept it secret.

Good to hear you're back from the bush.  I know whenever I get back to town I see all these white fellas getting about and get scared.

Tell John we're looking forward to hearing from him and just now it's ok to talk to Paul about the golden coldie.

Cheers and beers,

Brian.
IP Logged

paul_pero
New Board Junior
Australia 

zdrastvuyte

« Reply #66 on: Aug 17th, 2005, 8:26pm »

Hi all.

Good to hear you got O2 Barry. I returned my bottle and have been told I have to go through all the fun & games next time I need it. I don't think it will be so hard the 2nd time with the doc. It's pretty amazing that you and your mate both had had CHs and not told each other. I guess its not something you can really talk to other non CH's about. Its not something you want to bring up in conversation like " I was crying and screaming like a baby last night"

Jaqcs, sorry to hear your situation right now. Maybe you have to spend a night in ER until one hits so you can see if the O2 is of any benefit to you. It worked wonders for me this year and I'm really sorry that you havn't been able to use it yet.

Brian  what can I say. Its good to be PF, but I know one day it will *BANG* come and get me again. Its a terrible waiting game, but hopefully its going to be a long while before it comes back. How are you going are you PF at the moment?

to all other aussies out there PF days to you all.

Paul
IP Logged
Robyn
New Board Newbie
Australia 

Being alive is great if we let it be!

« Reply #67 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 5:24am »

Hi all my name is Robyn I am from Sunbury in Victoria.   I developed CH about 10 years ago but was not diagnosed until about 4 years ago.  For many years I thought  I had a strange form of hayfever.  I have a great GP and was diagnosed by a Professor at the Royal Melbourne.  I am taking Isoptin as a preventer which generally works really well.  When I am having a cycle I get some relief from painkillers and a muscle relaxant.  I get the very annoying watery eye and running nostril and have at the worst moments have facial numbness on the same side.  I have not been able to find out whether that is part of the symptoms or not.  After a particularly bad episode 4 years ago I lost the focussing ability of my eye.   My husband and two daughters are really supportive.
IP Logged
AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #68 on: Aug 18th, 2005, 7:21am »

G'day Robyn, and of all the places we could have met you it had to be bloody here!  There's no justice, I swear it, and certain politicians named John are entirely to blame.  Entirely and completely, mark my words.

I admit the El Nino effect may come into play along with the Free Trade Agreement but have you tried the Cluster Quiz over on the left?  It's 4th down, under the yellow high-lighted 'new visitors'.

The reason I ask is that it's terrifically important you really are being visited by this monster we affectionately refer to as The Beast.  There's other types of headaches that mimic it and if you're not CH+ then perhaps another problem is going untreated.

Great to hear that you've at least a little faith in your GP and the Professor.  One of our greatest stumbling blocks is getting members of the medical proffession to believe we're actually suffering a little pain and just a tiny bit of discomfort.

Either way, you've come to the right place.  There's a wealth of information here (our only defence) along with people internationally who understand only too well what you're trying to deal with.  We're trying to deal with it, too.

You even have your own little band of Supporters!  Hubby and the kids!  There's no drug, therapy or magic cure will ever compete with that.  Please let them know that they are very welcome here, too.  Supporters are especially important because they do it tougher than we do.

Please feel free to PM me anytime, I check in every day.  There's other Aussies here, too, and our friends from around the world are entirely on your side.  

Keep smiling regardless (it keeps 'em guessing),

And kindest regards,

Brian up north.

IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #69 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 3:49am »

Geeze, how the hell would anyone survive without you guys. I believe my partner has had enough! He wasn't expecting this sort of garbage when we met so it has hit him pretty hard. I understand competely but am between a rock and a hard place with no choice in the matter.
Thank god for you all Paul, Brian, Barry etc, love ya all,
Jacqs
IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #70 on: Aug 19th, 2005, 8:29am »

Steady on, Jacqs.  Deep breaths, relax, and two paces backwards.  

We CHeads get it easy compared to those around us who can't help us even while they want to.  Think they wouldn't take our pain away if they could?  Imagine the pure helplessness they feel, the sheer inadequacy, impotence and desperation in being able to do absolutely bloody nothing!

I've never seen anyone get hit and honestly don't know how I'd handle it if I did, so let's also look at it from his point of view. Pretty bloody scary, I reckon.  

He's perfectly welcome to talk to me off-line anytime, but given that I'm CH+ he'd perhaps be better off talking to others.  I can personally recommend She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed (my other half, DennyM) or perhaps our dear friend from over the ditch, Firebrix.  Nani and Margi are ever there to help.  

You're not alone, neither is he, and there's a lot to be said for just talking.

Let's talk,

Brian.

IP Logged

Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #71 on: Aug 20th, 2005, 6:44pm »

Thanks Brian for your sensible words of advise. I guess things had just got on top of us, we'd been doing a fair bit of fighting and I was scared. We are trying to quit smoking and I get quite depressed as well which doesn't help matters but we seem to be okay for now.
Thanks again,
Cheers,
Jacqs Smiley
IP Logged

DennyM
New Board Newbie
Australia 

She-Who's-Never -Obeyed

« Reply #72 on: Aug 20th, 2005, 10:08pm »

G'day Jacqs

For my sins - I'm Brian's supporter.  Am really feeling for both you and your partner.  Life's thown us one hell of a challenge, and probably one of the best ways to meet it is to educate ourselves in every aspect of the nature of the Beast.  This is just as important for supporters as it is for sufferers.

A place to start - introduce your partner to Supporters' Corner, and get him to read Jackie's "Another Kind Of Pain" - third message down.  It won't answer all his questions, but it will provide him with an insight and perhaps make him realise that he is most definitely not alone.

Should he ever feel the need to reach out for a lifeline himself - both Brian and I are here for him at any time.
We log in every day, and can't bear to think of anyone feeling "stranded".

Do you have the O2 situation sorted out yet?  It's just so @#*%! frustrating knowing that something so helpful and effective is there within reach and all that's standing in your way is a pig-headed doctor.  OK - I can understand their concerns about allowing us to have the O2 where & when it can do most good, particularly
for those of us who are smokers and especially as we're now well and truly lumbered with all this public liability bullshit - but I always thought their priority was to alleviate suffering.  How bloody naive of me!

Hope PF days are just around the corner for both you and your partner.

My love to you

Denny
IP Logged

Forgive them their sins against us, just don't let them forget 'em.
Kiwiinoz58
New Board Junior
Australia 

Couldn't ya just SCREAM

Email

« Reply #73 on: Aug 20th, 2005, 10:34pm »

Thankyou Denny, you are a sweetheart.
The doc has sorted things so that when I get a bad hit I can go to the hospital and try the O2. The main prob with that is by the time I'm ready to go there the CH is nearly gone.  
They have changed lately as in instead of each one lasting over an hour I'm getting lots more but each one now only lasts about 20 mins. The first one of the day is the worst then they diminish on the pain scale as the day progresses.
No explaining these bastards is there.
As for my partner, well we are coping at the moment, so thanks again.
Cheers,
Jacqs
IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #74 on: Aug 20th, 2005, 10:36pm »

PS, Jacqs, tell him so long as he behaves I'll send you a special recipe for KG Whiting and oysters with Beaujalais.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  ...  8 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss