Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:59am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New Member; "old sufferer" with question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   New Member; "old sufferer" with question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New Member; "old sufferer" with question  (Read 527 times)
mick2457
New Board Newbie
USA 

"Say hello to my little friend"

Email

New Member; "old sufferer" with question
« on: Jan 7th, 2006, 8:38am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi to everyone - found this site around 4 years ago but never joined or posted - shame on me but there you go. found lots of useful stuff and thought I should join in.
Anyway, I am here now and will share my experiences later, but for now I have a question for the "experts"as I know no-one knows this like a sufferer. I should say I am episodic, late 40's have had it for 30 years and classic case (according to the quacks etc) - smoker, drinker, late-nighter etc. Compared to some of the chronic recipients, I am very lucky - but when my little friend is here I don't feel too lucky!!
Anyway my question. I am in my 8th week (typical cycle) and Al (I will explain that one later too) should be on way out by now, but he has decided to extend his stay - bastard. The trouble is for the first time, just when I thought he might have gone, I am now getting permanent double vision (4 days now). Just like being drunk without the fun. The headache also has not gone all day. Not in the classic CH style but a deep hurting ache towards the rear. Al still comes as well but normally I am fine between his "calls" - not this time though. Has this moved to migraine status in between CH?? Never had a migraine (I think) so not sure plus never had dodgy vision in association with CH. Any clues group?  
Seeing a head doc on Wednesday but I have just moved to here and I know this first visit will be training him rather than him helping me (maybe) - you know all about that I am sure.
Any help appreciated. I will post all other "stories" later when I feel in a better mood.
Thanks CH
Mick

IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: New Member; "old sufferer" with ques
« Reply #1 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 9:05am »

Welcome to the board Mick.

Quote:
I am now getting permanent double vision (4 days now). That is something I have never heard of with clusters.
The headache also has not gone all day. I don't understand that sentence. What do you mean by 'has not gone all day'?
Not in the classic CH style but a deep hurting ache towards the rear. Cluster headaches don't ache in the back of the head as you describe.

By head doctor I assume you mean a neurologist, right?
I am not a doctor but,
I think, because of double vision and pain in the rear, a CAT or MRI is called for. Have you had either?
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
mick2457
New Board Newbie
USA 

"Say hello to my little friend"

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 9:32am »

Thanks for the reply BobG. I thought I might have to explain further but thought orignal post was long enough without going too far.

Yes I mean neurologist in San Diego.
Not gone all day, means I have dull ache (sometimes not THAT dull) but not CH, most of the day. When I am on way out of a typical cycle some of this aching is not unusual for me after "fighting" it for 8 weeks+ and I put it down to that initially. But then CH did not go and this 2x vision thingy happened. It is not that bad and has no real pain associated with it as such and I am not falling over on it etc - that is why I compared it to being a little drunk if you have ever done that and you get that slight double vision sometimes and close one eye to "focus" better - this is the only thing I could compare it too.  
i know it is not a CH headache on its own that is why the question - is this some sort of other "migraine". I have seen other reports from some that have said they have had this morph, but I have never had that and wanted to know if the vision item was a clue
No not had MRI etc yet, but that is one reason to go to doctors on Wednesday to see what he come up with
thanks again for the reply
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 9:46am »

I don't have migraines so can't comment except to say I have read many posts about migraines affecting vision.

Please let us know how the doc's visit went and the result of CAT and/or MRI.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Phil L
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 7th, 2006, 10:38am »

Hi Mick,

Welcome to the San Diego area. Sorry you have to be here. You did not mention who the doctor is that your going to see, but my suggestion would be to find a neurlogist in the UCSD Hospital system. From Temecula it may seem out of the way, but if your not pleased with the person your going to see, I'd check it out.  

Phil
IP Logged

When I get up in the morning and have to look down to see the grass
I know it's going to be a great day.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #5 on: Jan 8th, 2006, 8:36pm »

on Jan 7th, 2006, 10:38am, Phil L wrote:
Hi Mick,

Welcome to the San Diego area. Sorry you have to be here.

And all this time I thought San Diego was a nice place?  LOL

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Welcome Mick.  If I understand that intro right, you are an episodic clusterhead of 30 years.  Your cycle this time is running longer than usual.   You are also experiencing an uncharacteristic dull ache in the back of your head and double vision for the last 5 days.   You have never had an MRI, but you do have an appointment on Wednesday.

Let me guess...you write tax law for the US Govenrment for a living?  LMAO

Also not a doctor here, but I never heard of the double vision thing with CH.  Have heard of vision trouble with migraines, but don't remember anyone ever describing having double vision for THAT long even with a migraine.  I think it is a good thing you have an appointment with a neurologist very soon.  If the doc doesn't suggest it, you might ask for an MRI anyways just to be sure there's nothing sinister going on in that head of yours.

Hopefully, your new neuro will be knowledgeable in CH and in whatever else is plagueing you right now.  If not, definitely check into Phil's suggestion.  Good luck.  Keep us posted on what you find out.

Again, welcome to the website!
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Jan 9th, 2006, 12:33am »

Mick

I assume Al is your CH.

What meds are you taking for CH?
 The migraine headaches come for me between hits, can last for days, generally located on same side as CH but spreads, my eyes  glow from being bloodshot, hurts like hell, but my vision is seldom interupted. However I know of another migraineur who says this happens.

Reason I ask about meds is that many can cause the non CH headaches and vision problems, look up the side effects if you havent allready.

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss