Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 6:44am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Need to have someone to talk with... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Need to have someone to talk with...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Need to have someone to talk with...  (Read 1264 times)
shenke
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

Need to have someone to talk with...
« on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:14pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

It's been tough this time, haven't have CH in 5 years, who would have thought they would would return.  Getting more educated this time though.  Makes me mores scared at times, not sure my husband understands....It does help to read others stories.  Real glad to have found this site.

Sheila
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: Need to have someone to talk with...
« Reply #1 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:16pm »

You hang in there, shenke....we will help you!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:32pm »

shenke,
 glad you found the site. Ch is tough..your tougher.
Welcome and stick around. Lots to talk to. Bring the other half too.
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
shenke
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:37pm »

Thanks, but in the middle of the night I don't feel so tough.  I feel like I'm going insane.  It's scary...thanks for listening.  It's hard to explain to just anyone - Sheila
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:42pm »

Thats OK I'm a 6'4" huge hairy biker and I cry like a baby Cry laugh Just kidding. Nope dont have to explain the pain. Have you read the information on the left? There is a chatroom somewhere around here as well. Do you have an abortive?

jb
IP Logged

boonie
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:44pm »

This is the one place everyone knows what you are going through, ch. just plain sucks but knowing you are not alone is a comfort . I have been doing the night dance myself lately but it is getting better but it is never  a fun ride. you hang in there.
IP Logged

boonie
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:45pm »

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/chat/
theres the link I think someones home.
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:46pm »

Hi Sheila,

This is a great resource to know like the back of your hand...print it out and give it to the doc  

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf  

It will present the appropriate treatments that you should seek and your doctor should know!!!  

If you want an abortive with the least amount of side-effects O2 should not only be requested but demanded from your doctor!!!  

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

I have used Zyprexa as an abortive and have found it to work (for me) as fast as Imitrex and without the "hangover"  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1120904753

If you do have the "typical" wake you up in the middle of the night horrors then.... Melatonin might be very helpful  
Many of us (myself included) have found that taking 6-9mg (some take more) about a 1/2 hour to 45minutes prior to bed have Knocked out the night visits and can finally get sleep.  

With the exception of 10-12 times.....I have slept through the night since August '04 (went chronic in March 05).....Still get hit during the day but my overall quality of life is better because I am not as exhausted all the time.  

Some people report that it seems to make them worse....The fact is that we are all different and respond differently to everything therefore it may or may not...  

The one thing I will tell you as far as my experience was that I had to stick with it...The first night I took melatonin, I was awoken with a doozy only I was too groggy to find my O2 .....It got a lot better for me....I then slept through the night but would get slammed about 1/2 hour after waking up....kinda like knocking the beast off schedule.....then again I was peaking and this cycle has been all over the place with no real pattern.  
I stayed with melatonin and have had decent sleep overall. (Maybe I should start folowing my own advice again since my nights suck again hahahaha!)

It may help and it is natural with not too many sideeffects....also ask your doctor b/c if there are any side effects or contraindications...I think they have to do with mild depression.....  

Like I said we are all different.  

Best wishes, good luck & stay as positive as you can!!!!  

Eric  

IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 9:51pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hang tough Shiela, hopefully it'll pass soon and give ya another 5 years of pf time. The lights on here 24/7 if ya need to talk Wink

Cheers  hug

Sean................................
IP Logged
Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 10:07pm »

Sheila,

I felt the way you do before I found this place.  The people are the best around, They are my family, friends, and fellow sufferers.
Read Read and then Read some more.  You've got a home now with those who DO understand.

Pegg
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Barry_T_Coles
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

http://mushys.com/kiwi  
WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 30th, 2006, 10:24pm »

on Jan 30th, 2006, 10:07pm, Redd715 wrote:
Sheila,

I felt the way you do before I found this place.  The people are the best around, They are my family, friends, and fellow sufferers.
Read Read and then Read some more.  You've got a home now with those who DO understand.

Pegg

Well said Pegg; that's exactly the way I felt, this place is the best drug I know.

Sheila Welcome
Your among people who understand
Kind Regards
Barry
IP Logged

Worry is like a rocking chair it gives you something to do but gets you nowhere.
http://mushys.com/kiwi

[img]
burnt-toast
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 6:33pm »

Gone only to come back - that's one of the things that makes CH so thoroughly confusing.  Hang in there is the best advice we can offer, hopefully you will stay on a 5 year cycle of freedom.

Tom    

IP Logged

Would the owner of the propane torch, egg beater, pipe expander and vise grips please claim these items. They're lodged in my head and I need the space.
bassman
New Board Newbie
USA 

learning from all the fools and the sages

« Reply #12 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 9:34pm »

this place is great and all the people here really care, it helps me cope with this beast better than i have been able to in the past it is still been tough but i have learned alot from the peole here and for that i am greatful  

may you all find happiness and be free from suffering
IP Logged

it's all right now...but later?....forget it
thats later. now is now are you going to be here now
shenke
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 9:46pm »

It feels so good to come back and read so many replies.  You guys really do care. Brought tears to my eyes.  Thanks a million.  This is what keeps me going!!!!
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 31st, 2006, 9:48pm »

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/chat/
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
imnotbub
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 11:09am »

It feels so good to come back and read so many replies.  You guys really do care. Brought tears to my eyes.  Thanks a million.  This is what keeps me going!!!!  

I know how you feel. I pass the computer every couple of seconds when I'm dancing with the beast, and I can 'feel' the support even if I'm not on.
IP Logged

Life may not be good, but I think it beats the alternative, and if it doesn't, we'll find out soon enough
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #16 on: Feb 1st, 2006, 1:24pm »

on Feb 1st, 2006, 11:09am, imnotbub wrote:
... and I can 'feel' the support even if I'm not on.

That's what keeps me going too  Smiley Some days it's the only thing that keeps me going!
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 3:33pm »

Sheila,
As a new person to this site, but as a chronic CH person, I know just what you mean. I have posted a thread just a short time ago, and already people are offering help that I never knew people would offer a stranger. Unfortunately the monster is attempting to rip my brains out as I write this, so if it doesnt make a lot of sense, pardon me.  
All I can say is, don't let go. Days like this are hard to get thru, but there is a light at the end, somewhere, somehow. To date, the longest time PF that I can remember has been 3months 1 week and 5 days. I have not seen that for several years. I have had 2 PF days since November 27, 2005.  Some days are worse than others. Hang on, as, from what I read here, all understand your pain here.  
Cyber Hugs!!  
Lance
IP Logged

cynner68
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #18 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:11pm »

Hi...my first post here. So glad to have somewhere to go to say the things I am sure many of us feel/think, but can't say to family and friends. Try as they might, they just CAN'T possibly truly understand the emotional turmoil that goes along with the physical torment we go through. One of the worst aspects of it all is just that- no one to talk to that can really understand. It's so hard to put it all into words. Are there even words to describe what we feel? Broken thoughts and bits of sentences that can only be comprehended by a fellow victim. I say victim, because I do feel that way. A crime is being perpetrated against me/us. Unfortunately, the criminal has yet to be caught and brought to justice.  Frustration and anger rage in my mind at this unseen villain.  
It eases some of the tension just knowing that there are others out there who have similar feelings...
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:17pm »

Welcome to the board cynner. Texas, huh? We have a lot of you people here. Not that that is a bad thing.

Tell us some more about yourself.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 4:46pm »

You can go to our site here:

http://www.ouch-us.org/members/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi

and we will listen.  Or give you advice.   or help you find links.  Or whatever you need.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
cynner68
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #21 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:13pm »

Wow, u guys are quick! I'm still wandering around the posts here, and already there are responses to my post.  Smiley
More about me? Hmmm...
37y.o. mom of wonderful 6y.o. boy, Dylan (my reason for living when the pain makes me want to quit; u know what I mean)
Had migraines since age 14 -MAJOR head injury at that time, they can't tell me if HAs are a result or coincidental as they are in my family as well.
CH as well in the past 10 years or so. No one told me there was a difference back then, so maybe longer?  
Probably the same story as many; seen too many docs, tried too many drugs, studies, home remedies, etc. Some new things work, but only for a short while, then they just stop. Been accused of "Drug Seeking", been told I needed a shrink instead of meds, been given massive pain-killers, anti-depressants, etc. CAT scans and MRI, MRA. They did find a few "white spots". Gotta re-test in a few months to see if they change, blah-blah-blah. Still no real answers or solutions.  
Basically all but disabled. (Docs agreed a while back, SSA didn't agree, so here I am...trying to work around the pain, etc.) Hubby and I have our own custom carpentry business, but the frequent HAs are a major issue. We constantly have to juggle our schedule, etc. It causes stress which doesn't help the situation at all... Sad
Currently on Topamax and Maxalt w/ Fioracet for back-up. Of course, these do nothing for the CH, but they do help the MH sometimes. I hate the "stupids" from the Topamax. I USED to be very intelligent and quick-thinking. Now I have trouble remembering what day it is most times. FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As of today, PLZ O PLZ!, my 2 and a half week MH/CH episode has subsided. Lips Sealed Thanks to something I read somewhere on these boards last time I visited, I dug out my TENS unit. It made living through yesterday's EVIL CH attacks possible. Never would've occurred to me, had I not read it here. THANK YOU!  
Sorry this is so long, I tend to go on & on when someone will listen...(and no one is interrupting me!  laugh )
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #22 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:29pm »

Hey cynner, talk as long as you like.
You sound like a true cluster sufferer. We all have stories that mirror yours.
Your experience with topomax (aka doppymax) has been repeated many times. Have you tried verapamil? Oxygen instead of the TENS machine?
IP Logged

cynner68
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #23 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:53pm »

TY for the reply and the support...
I am due to see my Neuro next month, but I am gonna' try and get in sooner, because things have been so rough the past few weeks. I saw her right before I had surgery in November. (Hysterectomy w/ removal of 1 ovary- maybe this is factoring in?) Gyn sez I am in very ealry menopause; since before surgery. I have had menstrual HAs for quite some time, and hormonal imbalance, etc. I can't help but think there is some connection there somewhere... Huh
<Sorry to all you males for girly details, but perhaps it is relevant. Guys have certain hormones, too! lol)
I have read with great interest about the use of O2 on these boards. I am definitely going to ask Neuro about it.  
I want off the Topamax, I think. We tried rearranging my dosing to All-At-Night, and it helped a bit, but I still feel like a bumbling fool many days, and on my best day only half as sharp as I used to. I will ask about the verapamil.  TY
I see a lot of you use Imitrex. I tried it a long time ago, but due to the heart palpitations and constriction feeling- danger of heart attack- it was decided that I should avoid it. The Maxalt does ok for migraines, but any other suggestions for CH?
I can't take any NSAID or aspirin type meds due to a platelet/clotting disorder, so it does limit my med choices somewhat.  
Dealing with all the docs and the meds feels like you are beating your head against a brick wall many times. And let's face it, we do enough of that as it is... Cry

Oh, BTW, Linda, I clicked on the link, but I got a sign-in, pw req'd screen, and so I can't get in...Help?
« Last Edit: Feb 5th, 2006, 6:01pm by cynner68 » IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #24 on: Feb 5th, 2006, 5:59pm »

Neuro next month? That's a long way away. Can't he/she see you sooner?
Sometimes these headaches are referred to as suicide headaches. Maybe you can call the neuro's office and toss that name out. Might get their attention.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss