Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 9:40pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I thought it was just me! »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   I thought it was just me!
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I thought it was just me!  (Read 231 times)
joescho
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

I thought it was just me!
« on: Mar 31st, 2006, 6:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Ive just got back from the doctors (again)  can u believe she was the one who actually introduced me to this website! cool doctor or what! I'm 31, a secondary school Drama teacher and ive been suffering from cluster headaches for about 5 years but they are getting worse and worse. I have had this one for the past 4 weeks and it just wont go If someone handed me a chainsaw I would saw off my head. I'm really glad ive found this website I can't belive there are so many other people who suffer from this I thought i was the only one who understood!
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: I thought it was just me!
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 7:11am »

Bloody hell not another Scouser!  Roll Eyes Wink
Hello Joe and welcome, I'm sorry you had to come and find us but there is no better place to be.
Tell us a bit more about yourself and your ch cycle. How long does it generally last? What meds have you used/tried? Have you tried O2?
You might want to take  look at OUCH UK, its a charity in the UK (There is a US OUCH too) which is set up solely to help ch sufferers and their families/supporters. The website is here

http://www.clusterheadaches.org.uk/home/index.cfm?address=../home/txt_we lcome.cfm&added=Dec2001&code=AD

There is a members board too if you decide to join but you can use the support board to ask any questions. Its very useful as alot of meds have different names in the UK to the US and sometimes it get's confusing reading this site for med recommendations. There is also a helpline which is manned by volunteers all of whom are sufferers too so they truly understand what you're going through.
Looking forward to hearing more from you and I'm glad you have such an enlightened GP! They're a rare breed I can tell you!

Regards
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

mrs mac
New Board Veteran
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 8:11am »

hi  joe

welvome from too

hope you find the board useful

check out the uk site too, and remember you are no longer alone with your ch!!

tc
sandra xx
IP Logged
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 7:53pm »

Hello Joe.  Welcome to the asylum.  Sorry to hear you're going through this.  At least you know you are not alone.  It does help.  Read all you can here on the website and various message boards.  Knowledge is power and will help you get the proper treatment you need.

So how long does your cycle normally last?  What, if any, meds are you taking?

IP Logged
BMoneeTheMoneeMan
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

In remembrance of KingCazman. RIP

Email

« Reply #4 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 1:59am »

the aslum...LOL.
Welcome!  We are glad you found us.
What did the doc do for your clusterheadaches?  Prescribe any meds to try to abort individual clusterheadaches?
Oxygen is a popular abortive, and has little to no side effects, and helps lots of people here.  You can read about it over on the left if you havent already.
Fill us in on how you suffer and what you have done in the past to try to deal with them.
Welcome again.  Feel free to ask any questions
pain free wishes
BMonee
IP Logged

"Fool me once, shame on, shame on you. Fool - can't get fooled again"

Think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half the population is stupider than that.

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss