Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 2:58am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « new to the board not the pain »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   new to the board not the pain
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: new to the board not the pain  (Read 642 times)
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

new to the board not the pain
« on: Jul 28th, 2007, 6:50am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hi all-

49 year old male- i've had the headaches since i was about 23....
I have a few questions ----

I went on clusterbusters....i am very interested in this as a possibility- but i am a bit confused-

i have done lsd and mushrooms as a kid- i stoppped all that in my early 20's....so i dont want to use drugs-

but if mushrooms could stop my headaches i would consider it-

1- obviously this is illegal,so how would i get it?  off the street?

2- what is this talk about seeds?

i've had very little luck with immitrex-i don't like the blockers,because i had very bad side effects,and in general i dont like prescription medications-because as we know-they all have side effects-

i just tried a product called sinus buster- it worked pretty darn good for the first week-then it stopped working and it seems to have changed the pattern of my cluster-i ran out of it and i probably wont get it again-  i'd appreciate any feedback-

man i didnt have a headache last night for the first time in 9 days-

usually i go 3 days with then 1 day without- until they taper off in about 3 weeks- i am in the end of the 3rd week-  not sure what is going on though- with the change in pattern- all we can do is hope-

peace- thanks for the site and thx for any info - Wink
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

Re: new to the board not the pain
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 8:26am »

on Jul 28th, 2007, 6:50am, zapparulz wrote:
hi all-

49 year old male- i've had the headaches since i was about 23....
I have a few questions ----

I went on clusterbusters....i am very interested in this as a possibility- but i am a bit confused-

i have done lsd and mushrooms as a kid- i stoppped all that in my early 20's....so i dont want to use drugs-

but if mushrooms could stop my headaches i would consider it-

1- obviously this is illegal,so how would i get it?  off the street?

2- what is this talk about seeds?

i've had very little luck with immitrex-i don't like the blockers,because i had very bad side effects,and in general i dont like prescription medications-because as we know-they all have side effects-

i just tried a product called sinus buster- it worked pretty darn good for the first week-then it stopped working and it seems to have changed the pattern of my cluster-i ran out of it and i probably wont get it again-  i'd appreciate any feedback-

man i didnt have a headache last night for the first time in 9 days-

usually i go 3 days with then 1 day without- until they taper off in about 3 weeks- i am in the end of the 3rd week-  not sure what is going on though- with the change in pattern- all we can do is hope-

peace- thanks for the site and thx for any info - Wink

do i smell? or are these dumb questions?

i need some info please......
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #2 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 8:30am »

yes you idiot- they are dumb questions-

just go to clusterbusters.com  
and look under lsa- ok i didnt know- i just saw talk about seeds-

and i do smell- i need a shower-

ha ha- no headache last night - i feel like a million bucks-
IP Logged
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #3 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 9:00am »

There are a lot of alternatives that have been tried.  Have you given Oxygen a good try yet?  Read up on it.
IP Logged

Jon
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #4 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 9:47am »

actually i havent tried it .....i will look into it- but it scares me-i think i might burst into flames-
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 10:20am »

Look over on the left at the Oxygen info link.  
I haven't burst into flames yet.  Wink
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #6 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 10:33am »

on Jul 28th, 2007, 9:47am, zapparulz wrote:
actually i havent tried it .....i will look into it- but it scares me-i think i might burst into flames-

Oxygen is not fuel. It is a catalyst. As long as you have no spark and no fuel nearby, you'll be fine.

There's a reason the good lord required it for us to stay alive! Grin

Honest to God, it is one of the best and cheapest abortives.

Preventatives, on the other hand, are going to require you to get over your aversion to prescription meds.

Stick around and read, read, read. And welcome, bro!
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
soulroach
New Board Newbie
USA 

just get me through the day

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 10:37am »

hey man, I'm with you. 02 scares me(more so than shrooms). I too am in the process of looking into the possibilities of 02, and the shroom idea. I'm willing to try just about anything. The problem with the shroom and seeds they say they work better if you are med free. I haven't been med free for 10 years? That sucks about the imitrex. That is the one thing that keeps me sane, partially. I recently started taking feverfew, st.johns wort, vitamin B-2, and melatonin. Too soon to tell, but it does seem like the severity has reduced. I'll keep ya posted. Let me know how it goes for you.
IP Logged

once in awhile you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #8 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 10:56am »

well thx- all

i have always been against prescription meds-

it took me years of my ex wife watching me in agony,for me to even go to the doctor- i knew i had clusters,because i had seen an article in time magazine on headaches- this was back in the late 70's early 80's

i then went on various "preventitve" meds which gave me numerous side effects-..i stopped taking meds and just dealt with the pain- for me- i only get them 3-4 weeks a year,so i just dealt with it-

then my mother started sending me immitrex  and i tried it- had very little success and major rebound headaches-

i refuse to take another prescription med- unless i am gonna die in minutes i wont take prescription meds for anything any longer- i do understand why some of you would try anything  though-

i had heard of the oxygen,but never did anything-

i'll check it out though- ...it is natural..... Wink
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #9 on: Jul 28th, 2007, 10:57am »

on Jul 28th, 2007, 10:20am, nani wrote:
Look over on the left at the Oxygen info link.  
I haven't burst into flames yet.  Wink

thx- but i'm very combustable Grin
IP Logged
GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #10 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 8:04am »

Oxygen isn't as scary as it sounds.  The normal procedure is to get a lot of it for a short period of time.  Don't be careless, but I do recommend a few tries.

O2 does not work for me at work.  I find that caffiene can usually get me through the day, but I usually get hit as it wears off.  So it helps (not always) to get the hits postponed to when I can deal with them better.  It does pu a damper on my social life while I'm in cycle.
IP Logged

Jon
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #11 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 12:29pm »

I work in law enforcement so due to the potential for urine tests the alternatives aren't available to me, or believe me I'd have tried them! Sorry to hear your aversion to the prescription meds. I understand though cuz our path for dealing with these is one of the FEW things it seems we have any control over. I'd try to sell you on my prevent, lithium, cuz it's worked so well for so long.

That being said, do give the oxygen a try. As Brew said, it's not a combustible but an accelerant, meaning it doesn't burn, but if you start something else on fire, and add oxygen, it'll burn faster and hotter!!!

When I'm on cycle there are E-tanks everywhere i am, in my car, by my bed, I can abort in as little as 6 minutes, that's from oh sh&^ here it comes to pain free, in 6 minutes.  

You sound like quite the character, I hope you stick around the board on and off cycle, this board appreciates someone who can laugh at their plight and cheer people up a bit!! Welcome home Grin

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
swimchica623
New Board Veteran
USA 

Get hit.  Hit back harder.  That's life.

swimchica623

« Reply #12 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 12:39pm »

I was a little afraid of o2 at first too and it is by FAR my best abortive.  I am an o2 junkie now.  I highly suggest giving it a try, it doesn't take long to get over the fear of it once you realize how well it works!  If it takes awhile at first though don't give up, I had to overcome getting still enough to hold the mask on and quiet enough to breathe enough in...but it is amazing now and I would have hits about half an hour and longer and some can be as short as 5 minutes if I do everything right and average about 10-15....so amazing.  
Lisa
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #13 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 12:58pm »

Welcome.

I originally came here with similar predispositions toward precription medicines. I quickly came around to the position that I could continue to deny myself access to these incredible cluster management tools or give them a try.

I tried injectable imitrex and it has been very close to a miracle for me. I also utilize oxygen to abort cluster hits. Bringing these two tools into my life has been nothing short of life changing.

All it took was for me to get over myself and open up my mind. From where I sit now, I liken the many years I denied myself access to these tools as having been kind of like saving my virginity for no reason, and then realizing how great it felt to just go ahead and "do it".

A cluster cycle arrival used to be devastating for me. I would practically go into seclusion and stop my life. Now, while I may make a few adjustments and always make sure I've got some Imitrex injects with me, I do almost everything I would normally do. And, if I do get hit and I'm near my tanks -- hit the oxygen. If I'm away, or out, my timeframe from pain to completely clear is consistently less than 5 minutes with Imitrex.

Some have specific health issues that preclude them being able to use it. I'm thankful that I presently don't.

Scott

IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #14 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 4:49pm »

on Jul 30th, 2007, 12:29pm, Guiseppi wrote:
I work in law enforcement so due to the potential for urine tests the alternatives aren't available to me, or believe me I'd have tried them! Sorry to hear your aversion to the prescription meds. I understand though cuz our path for dealing with these is one of the FEW things it seems we have any control over. I'd try to sell you on my prevent, lithium, cuz it's worked so well for so long.

That being said, do give the oxygen a try. As Brew said, it's not a combustible but an accelerant, meaning it doesn't burn, but if you start something else on fire, and add oxygen, it'll burn faster and hotter!!!

When I'm on cycle there are E-tanks everywhere i am, in my car, by my bed, I can abort in as little as 6 minutes, that's from oh sh&^ here it comes to pain free, in 6 minutes.  

You sound like quite the character, I hope you stick around the board on and off cycle, this board appreciates someone who can laugh at their plight and cheer people up a bit!! Welcome home Grin

Guiseppi

thx man-

i am a bit nuts- let's say you would have had to arrest me quite a few times......years ago that is Grin
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #15 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 4:50pm »

on Jul 30th, 2007, 12:39pm, swimchica623 wrote:
I was a little afraid of o2 at first too and it is by FAR my best abortive.  I am an o2 junkie now.  I highly suggest giving it a try, it doesn't take long to get over the fear of it once you realize how well it works!  If it takes awhile at first though don't give up, I had to overcome getting still enough to hold the mask on and quiet enough to breathe enough in...but it is amazing now and I would have hits about half an hour and longer and some can be as short as 5 minutes if I do everything right and average about 10-15....so amazing.  
Lisa

thx- i think my cycle is about over...although i have had a shadow following me all day- i didnt have headaches 2 of the last 3 nights which is a good sign for me-

i need to keep up with this- even when i am not in pain-

thx
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #16 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 4:54pm »

on Jul 30th, 2007, 12:58pm, seasonalboomer wrote:
Welcome.

I originally came here with similar predispositions toward precription medicines. I quickly came around to the position that I could continue to deny myself access to these incredible cluster management tools or give them a try.

I tried injectable imitrex and it has been very close to a miracle for me. I also utilize oxygen to abort cluster hits. Bringing these two tools into my life has been nothing short of life changing.

All it took was for me to get over myself and open up my mind. From where I sit now, I liken the many years I denied myself access to these tools as having been kind of like saving my virginity for no reason, and then realizing how great it felt to just go ahead and "do it".

A cluster cycle arrival used to be devastating for me. I would practically go into seclusion and stop my life. Now, while I may make a few adjustments and always make sure I've got some Imitrex injects with me, I do almost everything I would normally do. And, if I do get hit and I'm near my tanks -- hit the oxygen. If I'm away, or out, my timeframe from pain to completely clear is consistently less than 5 minutes with Imitrex.

Some have specific health issues that preclude them being able to use it. I'm thankful that I presently don't.

Scott

thx- it's not like i havent tried meds- i have-

many of them- immitrex was just too inconsistant and i got bad rebound headaches after using it more than one day-

i used blockers years back and they didnt work-

i am sure if i try enough of them maybe one would work-
but who knows what side effects they might cause-

being that i only get the headaches once a year for 3 to 4 weeks- i would rather not be on meds- the oxygen sounds like a possibility for me- i havent been to a dr for 15 years for the head- so i'd need to go back-

IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #17 on: Jul 30th, 2007, 7:41pm »

Welcome aboard!

You can try melatonin also, it is over the counter and cheap, you can find it almost everywhere (pharmacies, health stores, some walmarts)

it is funny you made the first post at 6:50am and then you  wanted an answer by 8:26 am...man, it was saturday morning!!  some of us like to sleep late  Grin...give us a break!!  laugh

out of joke now, glad you find us and please give O2 a try, I bet a burn hurts less than CH, you can handle that  Wink

Pain free wishes for you!!

Rosy.
IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #18 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:25pm »

i was being a real pain- impatient and all that good stuff-

i was ass u ming someone was just sitting there waiting to answer me.....

anyway- i have gotten some good suggestions-

i am done with the headaches for this year-

i am going to prepare some things early,for next year-

i wont do any prescription m,eds though-
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

smurph  
Email

« Reply #19 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:32pm »

whatever works for you, have your arsenal ready so at the first sign of the beast horns you will know what to do...

and if you are out of cycle you can still hang with us  Wink
IP Logged

PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 3rd, 2007, 5:57pm »

Hi Zappa,  glad to see you found us but sorry that you had to.

We do all understand the aversion to meds and side effects, and you really should look into the o2, melatonin, kudzu etc. Hell even red bull is a weapon of choice for a lot of ch'ers.

Stick around!  You'll find that this really is a fast moving site, and we always leave the lights on for questions or just to find someone to talk to. You'll soon find that YOU'LL be answering others questions or be the shoulder that's needed.  

Welcome home.    Smiley

Jen
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #21 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 7:39am »

on Aug 3rd, 2007, 4:32pm, Rosybabe wrote:
whatever works for you, have your arsenal ready so at the first sign of the beast horns you will know what to do...

and if you are out of cycle you can still hang with us  Wink

thx-  i am not all that knowledgeable about meds,but i hope i can also be of help to anyone who wants to talk-

i do plan on visiting the site,even though the last thing i want to think about are headaches-i usually block it out of my mind for the next 11 months-its been 4 days and i am finally starting to feel "normal" which isnt too normal for most humans... Grin
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #22 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 7:44am »

on Aug 3rd, 2007, 5:57pm, JenniferD wrote:
Hi Zappa,  glad to see you found us but sorry that you had to.

We do all understand the aversion to meds and side effects, and you really should look into the o2, melatonin, kudzu etc. Hell even red bull is a weapon of choice for a lot of ch'ers.

Stick around!  You'll find that this really is a fast moving site, and we always leave the lights on for questions or just to find someone to talk to. You'll soon find that YOU'LL be answering others questions or be the shoulder that's needed.  

Welcome home.    Smiley

Jen

thx jen-

i have gotten lots of help and do appreciate it-

as we all know unless you have had a ch- you simply can't understand-

i know people want to help,but over the years i have gotten the most ridiculous advice from people who "think" they know.....again they are well meaning- but they just don't get it-

so this site really is perfect for us-...i have over the years met and actually play golf with a guy who gets them also- so we do realte- but he hates me bringing it up-because as you know we are always afraid if we talk about the ch's then we will get them.....

so again,this site is perfect for me,and i am going to pop in...hopefully i can also be of some help-

peace
IP Logged
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #23 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 7:48am »

on Jul 28th, 2007, 10:33am, Brewcrew wrote:

Oxygen is not fuel. It is a catalyst. As long as you have no spark and no fuel nearby, you'll be fine.

There's a reason the good lord required it for us to stay alive! Grin

Honest to God, it is one of the best and cheapest abortives.

Preventatives, on the other hand, are going to require you to get over your aversion to prescription meds.

Stick around and read, read, read. And welcome, bro!

hey-

am i still welcome,if i like the mets?.......i mean they just took 2 of 3 from your brewers......

and just gave zambrano a nice beating.....(to you cub fans)......

i think this just may be the year of the METS......

whats a met anyway?.........has to be,one of the worst team names in history......
IP Logged
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

smurph  
Email

« Reply #24 on: Aug 4th, 2007, 12:14pm »

I do not know a thing about beis... Huh mets?? cubs?  

get to the general board cause the guys post there more often...  Grin
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss