Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 6th, 2024, 2:53pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « ok, you may not like this »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   ok, you may not like this
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ok, you may not like this  (Read 1599 times)
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

Re: ok, you may not like this
« Reply #25 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 12:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

So,   Quote:
assaultme

Have you had time to digest all of this by people who have gone before you and KNOW.  ???

I would so like to hear your response.   Really.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #26 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 8:53am »

Pain is inevitable.

Joy is optional.

I opt for joy when I can find it.

It's really that simple.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

« Reply #27 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 9:17am »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 12:13am, Linda_Howell wrote:

So,  

Have you had time to digest all of this by people who have gone before you and KNOW.  ???

I would so like to hear your response.   Really.

Not yet Linda. Probably no where near...but as I said...that is why I came here and started asking questions. I figured after last night, this would be all I needed to solve the problem. There is actually a whole lot more to this to learn than I ever imagined. But I can read. Really tho, I don't think it will be a big deal. That is to say, originally I was thinking there was no solution. As I posted earlier, I read a few sites on the subject and it led me to believe it was a condition in which you had zero relief and NO chance to work around it. I.E. you would end up disgraced at work and let down all the people who count on you. That is something I don't think I would handle very well. But it is absolutely NOTHING like I was thinking. But, yeah....I will do my homework as I have been told to do.  
Regards, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
rolo65

Email

« Reply #28 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:20am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Mr. assaultme,

You may want to try being a little less judgmental and defensive. The help you desire comes more easily and readily with honey than vinegar. Try to tone it down a tad and understand that we already know what this condition can and will do to our lives.

Consider the fact that you are in morning and denial about your new found condition. This is normal and will continue until you have accepted that there is no silver bullet for the situation you are in.

Now once you calm down, get the phone book and find a neurologist at a headache clinic. Then start learning and printing out what you find pertinent to bring with you as a reference for you next appointment.

Haggling over your personal feelings here on the board will only get you much more discouraged than you already are. I didn’t start posting on this board for about a year until I had read all the info available here.

You said that you’re a metal worker so you probably have an O2 tank at your disposal. Get a cluster mask (non rebreather type) and a high flow regulator (12-15 LPM) and give it a try, you may be very surprised if you use it properly.

BW on getting PF,

Rolo……..
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:52am by rolo65 » IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

Re: ok, man I am humbled by y'all
« Reply #29 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:39am »

Yes, another one of my 2 part long winded posts. Well, I get up this morning planning to wax my truck, play my drums etc. and I give the board one last look. Turns out I have several P.M.'s
 I take a look and there is all these helpful people taking their time out to give me the correct direction. I thinking, I have been on many forums and generally people help because they want to look like big man on campus...you know....I'm the local expert, kneel before me Smiley
But I find these humble people who are actually genuine. They didn't take their precious time out for anything selfish. They actually were trying to help others with no benefit to themselves or attempt to ingratiate themselves.
   Now I'm feeling humbled and thankful and almost embarrassed cause who the hell am I to receive such help???  Some told me they didn't understand or I didn't make clear what my purpose or intentions were. Is it "woe is me" or what? I guess I wont submit my new talk show pilot to television called "Indecisive subjects with Dave"  
That is why my posts are long. I try to explain myself as best as I can. I know some of a few different languages and English seems to be about the most descriptive next to some Slavic languages like Ukrainian & Russian. Yet, it is not always guaranteed you will make the reader completely understand exactly what it is you are trying to convey. However, after some P.M. and further posts, I think we are on the same page. It is all about meeting my responsibilities. Some told me that they understand the pain or how difficult it is. Though that is very nice of them to say. I really am not all that concerned with the pain. I mean, some might get some relief is knowing there are other people who "understand" If that helps them, I am happy for them. In my little piece of the world, it is about performing my responsibilities and being productive. The big bad world don't owe me a thing and noone out there gives a tinkers damn if you have shingles, west nile or a goiter Smiley So, my exact purpose here was (and perhaps still is) to find out what can I do to make it possible for me to serve my purpose as a normal highly efficient fabricator. Well, I am convinced I have found several VERY possible solutions. So much so that I don't even think about this subject with worry at all. Though it is impossible for me to "clock out" and wait an hour, I don't believe that will even be a consideration at this point in time. As I said earlier, my nerve pain must be much less than others here. When it hits, I can fake it well enough to function...albeit not well.  
  But from what I have been told by y'all, there are several ways to stop it. As far as I am concerned, it is no longer a worry or big issue for me. I also understand that it may take considerable more research and trial & error before I get to where I need to be. Big flippin deal...I'm up for a challenge. Challenge ain't squat. Try puttin up with my mother in law. Every time I see her, she wants me to repair the flux capacitor on her witches broom.  
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #30 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:39am »

I see one post telling me that my research here is not done and I cant just come & go in a day and have all the ammo I need. Well guess what? That is just what I'll do then !!!  Seriously, I don't see this as a big deal now. There are treatments that work and will make it possible for me to achieve my objective. Not like I originally thought...no treatment with no chance of controlling it.  
I'll continue to research as I have been told to do.
I admit it, I was completely mis-informed and worried about naught. Of course I never said I knew what I was talking about. Ok, I've taken my beating for being ignorant. Now, lemme tell y'all something. Don't be so quick to jump someones ass who is ill-informed. Ya think I'm the only guy who ever got bad information? It wasn't done with  malicious intent. It was simply cause I was given a problem to solve and told I had no tools to use to repair it.  
Lemme tell y'all a boring short story pertaining to this subject. Had a guy bring in a motorcycle that hadn't run in a while. Spark plugs were out of it and looked like it sat outside for a year. After I inspected it, I realized it was locked up. Call him up and tell him. In the meanwhile, he goes over to a rival shop to inquire why his bike that ran 2 years ago is now hopelessly locked up. They tell him that I likely left it outside and water got in it and rusted. So now he is mis-informed by them and is mad at me thinking I did him wrong. Comes over and proceeds to tell me about his revelation and how I need to come clean. Well, of course it sat inside for a week and that week it probably didn't even rain. After I got him calmed down and explained the technical end of it, he realized he had bad info. That is to say the inside of the entire engine was solid rust and that is not possible in such a short time. Left outside for a year with the plugs out was the correct reason. He turns red and apologizes a hundred times. Now, I could have done all kinda nasty stuff to him. But people ain't perfect and if their intent is good educate them. He turned out to be a pretty loyal customer for a long time. Being humbled is not shameful. It only means you recognize that you don't know it all. That is my boring pontification for which I will not reiterate....yes I know...thank God Smiley

Above all I would like to thank y'all for the time you have spent with me to educate me on this subject. I would say you're about the kindest bunch of people I have met on a forum....but don't let that "go to your head" bad pun Smiley
Cheers, Dave  

IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #31 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:53am »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 10:20am, rolo65 wrote:
Mr. assaultme,

You may want to try being a little less judgmental and defensive. The help you desire comes more easily and readily with honey than vinegar. Try to tone it down a tad and understand that we already know what this condition can and will do to our lives.

Consider the fact that you are in morning and denial about your new found condition. This is normal and will continue until you have accepted that there is no silver bullet for the situation you are in.

Now once you calm down, get the phone book and find a neurologist at a headache clinic. Then start learning and printing out what you find pertinent to bring with you as a reference for you next appointment.

Haggling over your personal feelings here on the board will only get you much more discouraged than you already are. I didn’t start posting on this board for about a year until I hade read all the info available here.

You said that you’re a metal worker so you probably have an O2 tank at your disposal. Get a cluster mask (non rebreather type) and a high flow regulator (12-15 LPM) and give it a try, you may be very surprised if you use it properly.

BW on getting PF,

Rolo……..

Rolo, no I am not in morning or denial. I don't deny a problem and after I got the correct help here I no longer think this is a big deal. Last time I was ever in morning was when cable TV took away my NHRA drag racing and replacd it with the Spanish channen. I can speak Spanish some, but they don't have drag racing SadI did however inquire about the oxygen gas at work. The Doc told me that was a bad idea because it was not medical grade. Apparently the industrial grade stuff at work may have some attributes that make it not fit for human consumption. But thanks for taking the time to help.
Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

rolo65

Email

« Reply #32 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:05am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Aug 25th, 2007, 10:53am, assaultme wrote:

The Doc told me that was a bad idea because it was not medical grade.  

If the tank has never had anything noxious (gases like Co2, and nitrogen would be fine) in it, than it would be ok.

They put the same oxygen in all the tanks.

PS; WTF does the NHRA have to do with HA's! You watch too much TV.

This guy is too hard headed and obtuse for me to waste my time on. He goes on my troll list!
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:21am by rolo65 » IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #33 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 12:25pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 11:05am, rolo65 wrote:

If the tank has never had anything noxious (gases like Co2, and nitrogen would be fine) in it, than it would be ok.

They put the same oxygen in all the tanks.

PS; WTF does the NHRA have to do with HA's! You watch too much TV.

This guy is too hard headed and obtuse for me to waste my time on. He goes on my troll list!

NHRA is fun , fast & exciting to participate in as well as watch Rolo. Just tryin to add some fun to todays chit chat.  I watch little TV, but drag racing is something I like. It does say "getting to know you" I like drag racing, now you know what I like.  Since I have my questions answered, why not talk about something that directly pertains to the boards topic "getting to know you"
 Everyone here seems quite friendly and interested to know one another. I race motorcycles, cars, snowmobiles, anything I can get my hands on.  I am very much involved in music. I play drums and am like a self-proclaimed semi-expert on rock music. Not truly an expert, but I know quite a bit about bands and music in general. You can add me your troll list if you want, but you can also tell me about yourself if you would like.  
 As far as the industrial grade oxygen goes. I too thought it should be the same as my Doc would give me, but I will have to follow her orders. I would be interested in hearing what others here think about ignoring her orders and going it on my own. I will have to remain hard headed at this time because she has a degree in medicine, my degree is in beating metal into various shapes, motorcycle mechanics and why I think acoustic drums are still better than electronic drums.  
That is my attempt to lighten your day Rolo. It is a dry type of humour called "inversion"  
Right now I will have to wait until Tuesday so I can consult with my Doc. Now that I have the proper questions for him, I suspect I will be getting a lot done...thanks to those on this very board.  
Have a nice Saturday.
Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #34 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 1:51pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 12:25pm, assaultme wrote:
As far as the industrial grade oxygen goes. I too thought it should be the same as my Doc would give me, but I will have to follow her orders. I would be interested in hearing what others here think about ignoring her orders and going it on my own.

Welding 02 tanks are filled from the same main tank as medical tanks. the only difference is the tank inspection process.

Ive been sucking welding 02 for many years, I have also converted 28 medical regulators to fit welding tanks and shipped them out to folks that couldnt get 02 from their doc.

If your doc will give you a script for 02 thats great, if not, start sucking that welding 02..........it stopped 80% of my HA's and I learned about 02 here at this site.
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #35 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 2:39pm »

I go to see him Tuesday Jonny. I was planning on having him give me an oxygen tank & mask thing. Would there be any reason he would not give me the tank? I see you have done "conversions" of these tanks for people who cannot get one from the Doc. Why won't Doctors give out tanks to people who need them? Docs seem to confuse me sometimes. One says yeah, do this...the next says oh don't do that or you'll throw your carburettor out of adjustment. I mean, is there a possibility that I will have to start doing my own medical procedures so to speak? Everything I read here tells me that it is a good thing to try. It is definitely something I want to do. I'll do it on my own if he won't help me out I guess. But I am concerned that going against his orders might somehow compromise his treatment. How would I go about insisting on it?
 For instance,  I tell him I went to a website and it has helped others and even though he isn't going to give me a tank I will do it on my own. Sometimes Doctors can get kinda hacked off at you if you try to do the job yourself.  
Do I : dump him and find a new one who understands oxygen treatment better? Don't tell him about it? or what?  
Of course I haven't seen him to even ask yet, so I may be wasting your time even asking. But I figured if I knew how I should approach him with this, I would get the best results possible.
Thanks, Dave
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2007, 2:47pm by Groov » IP Logged

PARABELLUM

HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

« Reply #36 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 2:50pm »

Dave, Can I ask who the neuro is?  The one I saw in Decatur was Dr Mahmood and he didn't even diagnose me correctly.  If this guy won't help you, get yourself in to see Dr. Catt at Carle in Bloomington.  She is the best around, IMHO.  My first visit with her started me on verapamil, trex injections and O2.  She is very up to date on CH treatment.  Mind you, she was the 5th or 6th Neuro in central IL I had seen.

Bridget
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #37 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 2:55pm »

Print this out and take it with you.

http://www.headaches.org/consumer/topicsheets/oxygen.html

Tell him that if he dont know what they knew 50 years ago you will be finding a new doctor!

Let me know if you ever need to set up your own rig!  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #38 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 3:06pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 2:50pm, HeadhurtinMama wrote:
Dave, Can I ask who the neuro is?  The one I saw in Decatur was Dr Mahmood and he didn't even diagnose me correctly.  If this guy won't help you, get yourself in to see Dr. Catt at Carle in Bloomington.  She is the best around, IMHO.  My first visit with her started me on verapamil, trex injections and O2.  She is very up to date on CH treatment.  Mind you, she was the 5th or 6th Neuro in central IL I had seen.

Bridget

Hey Bridget wassup?
Sure, his name is Zaheer Ahmed.  Here is something interesting that goes with what I told Jonny: His associate Dr. Schlagel asked me what he had me taking. I told her: prednizone, Lyrica and Imitrex pills. She goes: "HMMMM, I have never heard of taking Lyrica for that!!!" Now I'm going: "What the heck is going on here!?!?!?" Have I just stepped into a 3 stooges movie or am I doing something wrong? Now, don't get me wrong. I am not criticizing these Docs. Maybe I am doing something wrong myself. As I have made abundantly clear I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to medical stuff. Never really been sick in my life before. Broke a few bones riding bulls, but taped them up myself and went back to work the next day. Busted my head open on cement once when I was 6 years old. It cracked my skull and I had to take Dilantin for a while. Oh, I forgot something that may help. I had minor headaches for about 4 years as a boy. I didn't go see a Doctor until my Parents forced me to. Dilantin solved the headaches and I have been fine for over 35 years. I appreciate y'all having patience with me on this. If it were a motor, I'd hook you up. If it's medical advise....I'd probably cause you  to overdose or something  laugh
Can I come back here Tuesday night and tell what I got accomplished?
Regards, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #39 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 3:07pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 2:55pm, Jonny wrote:
Print this out and take it with you.

http://www.headaches.org/consumer/topicsheets/oxygen.html

Tell him that if he dont know what they knew 50 years ago you will be finding a new doctor!

Let me know if you ever need to set up your own rig!  Wink

Yer an awesome dude Jonny. I like the 50 year old technology dig. I'll use it if I have to Smiley
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #40 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 3:12pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 3:07pm, assaultme wrote:
Yer an awesome dude Jonny.

Nah bro, im just a dude giving back. (We call it rowing the boat)

Good luck, man!
IP Logged

- Guiseppi

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #41 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 3:12pm »

Oh geez, I just screwed up again. I completely forgot to tell y'all that on 1-18-07 some clown pulled out in front of me and destroyed my new Ford truck. I began getting headaches that day and continued to have them fairly often for a few months. They tapered off a lot, then the CH developed by the 8th month (this month) The accident related headaches were not at all CH as I understand it. They were simple/general mild frontal headaches just like a headache any normal person gets from time to time. Sorry I didn't include this information earlier. It just didn't cross my mind.
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Redd
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #42 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 8:44pm »

Hey Dave,

You sound so much like me when I first found this place.  LOL.

When I finally got correctly DX, I was at wits end.  My attending PHy. would not allow me to return to work for quite some time untill there was some semblance of control over these damn things.  

I was dating a man at the time I arrived here, that thought there was an easy answer, find the right pill, or the correct lifestyle cahnge and I'd "cure" myself of this.  It was tollerable for him when the attacks would be once a day, wake me from sleep, and I'd (not knowing what it was at the time) took the sudafed and some tylenol PM's and then on an hour or so thought they "finally" kicked in.  Boy I had myself convinced they were simply extreem allergy attacks.  We won't mention the many nights I was trying to pry out my molars to stop the pain during that hour or so.

However, when these attacks started to come during the day, in addition to the night attacks, he sent me off to the Doctor, and even though I had no insurance, I went, and then the truth was known.  Cluster headaches all these 20+ years.   Not TMJ, not allergies, not "massive migrains".  

When I first found this site, I thought I'd find the answers, a way to stop the hell, but what I found is that what the Doc said was true.  There is no cure, no silver bullet.  I learned here how people cope.  The kick in the ass how to live between the hits.  I also found, when I couldn't take the meds I could get on the programs through the hospital, (very bad side effects) I was intoduced to an alternative method of dealing with the beast.  It took another year of research and soul searching, and out of pocket medical costs including some perscriptions, to finally decide that my head and my future had to try something else.  CH lost me one job, had me 1 week away from the downward spiral of  homelessness before I was allowed to return to work.  I have 2 teenage children that I couldn't let this happen to.

Jump to today...

I'm employed by the nations largest media holding company.  I'm in sales and I deal with people on a high level of B2B interaction every day.

I've had some major attacks that they have tollerated very well because I distributed the information from the coulleage letter available.  When I got hit, they let me deal, then let me get back to business at hand.

It's pretty much a crap shoot as to what is and isn't going to help us as far as Meds go, but there is always hope.  We know that what works now may not always work, and we have to try something else.  What worked last cycle may not work the next.  But there are many methods of dealing with the beast.

You sound to me to have a good attitude already that you are not going to give in to this, but battle with every cell in you to overcome it.  This is a very big bonus for you, as positive attitude is key.

One thing I'd like to inform you of, is that if the latest breaking news on this condition is going to be stated, you will hear it here at clusterheacaches.com many years before it gets to your doctors ears.

So don't feel you need to come in, take what is here today, and leave.  The best and newest information available will be shared here first.  Hell we are better educated on this condition than most MD's as it is.  And everything you can contribute is just another step towards the gates of a cure.

Besides, like Jonny, I've met most of the folks here at least once, and they are my family, and I love them dearly.  Manyof them have helped me through some very dark times, and I'll pay that forward anytime I can.  We all row the boat.
IP Logged

I saw an act of faith today. A man was on his knees, not in a pew in a Church, but in a garden planting seeds. ~~Unknown
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #43 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:18pm »

Redd:
 Here we go again. You come here and help me out with information. I don't know what to say !!!!!!!!!
 Of course, thank you very much. I am impressed with what you have done about the job thing. That is awesome how you went from almost nothing to holding a position of great responsibility !!!  
In the beginning, I was a paranoid panicky blob of worthlessness. Members here like yourself educated me and today my positive attitude I attribute 100% to y'all.  
Cause if you read my first post, I thought I was smoked. No chance for any control. My crew and employer would be so disappointed in what I thought (at that time) was inevitable. About the come & go thing. I am seeing that I need to stay and learn because there is so much more to this than I anticipated. I visit several other boards from time to time. Sure, many will educate you with the express  intent to ingratiate themselves. People here just keep slammin' me with great info. and do it for no other reason than their interest to help.  
 I can't say I have any real "feelings" about CH. I only want my objective to be realized. Members here told me to buck-up and it is possible. Man !!! What a relief. I can't thank y'all enough.
Cheers, Dave
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:24pm by Groov » IP Logged

PARABELLUM

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #44 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 10:29pm »

Dave,
Don't be surprised by hearing conflicting treatments from different docs when it comes to CH. Just about everyone here knows WAY more about our condition than most docs, including neurologists. That's another reason to read up here, and print out stuff to take to your doc.

As far as the O2, most docs won't prescribe you 15 lpm, and depending on your insurance, it may be cheaper, and easier to get a welders tank, and fit it with the correct regulator. There is no difference between welders O2, and "medical" O2. Just make sure to get a bubbler (a small container of water the O2 flows through before you breathe it), so you don't dry out your lungs. I have one in my living room.

Slamming caffeine helps, Red Bull, strong coffee, whatever floats yer teeth. The main thing, as has been said, is keeping a positive attitude. I know you've read up some, and have a plan of attack, the key is working with your doc, and making sure you are on the same page.  

Also, I see Dr. Richard Lee, in Peoria, and he is up on CH. In fact, I've taught him some things, like splitting imitrex shots, and told him about zyprexa, which he hadn't heard of, but gave me a script for it. He's really pretty cool. However, you must have a referral, and it will take 6 months to get in to see him. The main thing is that he listens... and is willing to learn. I've been seeing him for years.

So.... anyway, welcome to your new home here. I'm sorry you had to find us, but you have found THE most and BEST informed website on CH there is on the web. And, keep asking questions, it's the only way to learn.

By the way, we live in Lincoln, and I go to Decatur a few times a month, usually on an emergency trip for work. I work inside that big electrical plant, for an industrial supply company, of which there is one in Decatur.

And Rolo, this guy is not a troll. Your troll meter is way off. Dave is just being the direct person I suspect he is. Lighten up, wouldja?

Chris
IP Logged

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #45 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:04pm »

Chris, you're a peach Smiley Check your P.M.  
Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #46 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:15pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 11:05am, rolo65 wrote:

At first I would have agreed with you Rolland,but I think Dave has done a complete 180 since his first post.At first I think it was the frustration talking.Actually I impressed with Daves new attitude he has really changed his hard nose approach and started taking in all the advise he has been given. Good for you Dave and good luck with your new ammo to take to your doc.

Dave
IP Logged
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #47 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:16pm »

Chris and those who have told me about the O2 thing. Thanks!! I was at first very hesitant to disobey the Doctors orders. Surely you can understand. It, to me, would be like changing my pill regiment just cause someone on the web told me to. I don't know anything about medical stuff, but that would seem very irresponsible.
However, I am now convinced that it is no big deal. Jonny converts these things and it works. I do not understand how much actual oxygen is supposed to be inhaled. That is to say I wouldn't think it would be 100% and no outside air. But if I can't get the Doc to get me a rig, I'll be asking here how to go about it. ! Viola ! another hurdle I didn't rack myself on Smiley
Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #48 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:25pm »

Thanks Floor. I just say what I think. Fire back if necessary. Nobody cries, nobodies little red wagon gets broken, noone get their feelings hurt.
It's all good. Have a mis-understanding and make accusations without first meeting ones responsibility of clarifying, I'll take one to task. I too figured out I was not a troll when I realized that you cannot profess  to know how much TV is being watched by others when the only information given was that one TV programme was being watched and without the benefit of frequency. Suggesting another is obtuse with only the criteria available of a single subject as well was an interesting extrapolation. This is tantamount to having a magical ability to know the angle of a hypotenuse side of an "obtuse"  triangle when one only has the adjacent side length and nothing more. I.E. it aint possible. But heck, none of us are perfect...especially me Wink
Cheers, Dave
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2007, 3:36am by Groov » IP Logged

PARABELLUM

MR_FLOOR
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go Cubbies  / even though they suck

WWW Email

« Reply #49 on: Aug 25th, 2007, 11:34pm »

on Aug 25th, 2007, 11:25pm, assaultme wrote:
Thanks Floor.

No thanks necessary bud.I calls em as I sees em.

Dave
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss