Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 10:33pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Is this "normal" »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   2006-2007 Getting to Know Ya Posts
(Moderator: DJ)
   Is this "normal"
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Is this "normal"  (Read 964 times)
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

!Privet! !OLA! !wassup! PARABELLUM

orangemod260500  

Is this "normal"
« on: Aug 26th, 2007, 2:16pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I almost didn't want to take the space to start a thread on such a small topic, but I had to ask.
  Does this happen to you: Under normal circumstances when a person has a regular old headache or migraine, it hits...you take pain reliever it slowly goes away and you end up taking the rest of your day kinda easy. Most of the time you are maybe a bit tired or lethargic...not really up for much activity.
  Well, with this CH  thing , at least for me, it hits and you think it will invariably put you out for the count, fully expecting to be worthless for the rest of the day. When it runs it's course it leaves as fast as it came and next thing you know you are outside busting up concrete, mowing the lawn or doing some other physical activity. Feel like a million bucks. I find myself going from total inactivity to very normal activities. In fact, you end up wanting to make up lost time and blast through chores like a 20 year old.
 Is this unusual or what?  
One thing I can say about it is that it is very motivational.
  Am I weird (ok, we know I am) or is normal for CH?  
Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

The Second Amendment is in place in case the politicians ignore the others!!
michael
New Board Veteran
United_Kingdom 

Re: Is this "normal"
« Reply #1 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 2:38pm »

A CH will go as fast as it came, that is quite normal. When it hits multiple times a day it will take its toll, or when it hits during the night and makes you lose sleep.

Mike
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 2:58pm »

on Aug 26th, 2007, 2:16pm, assaultme wrote:
Is this unusual or what?  

No, once the pain is gone you are superman, nothing can touch you after the battle you just fought!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 3:57pm »

I'm the same as Jonny...............in this ONE narrow area Grin Grin........especially if I defeat a CH with 02 I get this absolutely euphoric feeling!!!!
I'm untouchable and immortal!
Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Rosybabe
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Too much of a good thing can be wonderful!!

smurph  
Email

« Reply #4 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 5:12pm »

it might be the pure O2 we inhale and the effect of the meds in our hearts  give us extra adrenaline...

I am very happy when the beast is gone, why miss a minute lying down when I can go ahead and continue my life?

unless I get night hits then I am very grumpy next day because lack of sleep ...

IP Logged

Believing is just the beginning!
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #5 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 8:31pm »

Ah, looks like it is similar for y'all too. Didn't think I would find this subject of CH's much fun to learn about. But I find it kinda fascinating how nerves or brain activity can work in such ways. Had 3 of them since last night. Each was progressively lesser than the previous. Maybe the imitrex pill being taken asap is doing something after all. I read about many people here having many different degrees and frequencies of these attacks. The interesting thing to me is the fact that there are some constants that are typical to most all of these attacks. To my untrained mind, I would think that would be significant as it relates to research scientists efforts to pin point the cause. I am not even aware if it is being studied at all. Another thing I find curious about it is this: When a nerve transmits pain, it is usually because it is somehow irritated or injured. It always takes time for the pain to go away, but it occurs very incrementally. Like the severe pain felt by CH, smashing your finger in a vise causes great pain. However, it does not stop after you release the pressure. It reduces, but incrementally. CH turns off like a faucet. I am not aware of any other type of pain that acts like that.  
Yeah, I can hear it now...go ahead: "Your posts work like that on me Dave"  laugh
 Thanks, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

I do look like my avatar...But I swear to God I am not a bag of aqua colored french fries

Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant' is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist"

GrandPotentate
New Board Veteran
USA 

mmmmmmmmmm

« Reply #6 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 11:12pm »

Sometimes I'll feel some mild euphoria before the hit.  Not always, but I generally get suspicious during a cycle when I start to feel great - I is like a setup for a sucker punch.

Usually, I am exhausted after a hit.  But sometimes, I feel great!  It is like a cleansing experience.  Or maybe like puking during a hangover.

I find both the suddenness of the onset of the hit and the weird suddenness of the end extremely fascinating.  The latter is something that most doctors ignore, because it doesn't fit their knowledge.  I've gotten some strange looks in response to this.

Jon
IP Logged

Jon
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #7 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 11:16pm »

It's the frustrating/fascinating aspect of this condition. It morphs constantly, seems to affect everyone diferently, and it's amazing how one med that's the magic bullet for one person, is worthless for another!! Nothing is 100%, it seems nothng that works, works forever. Keep lots of options in your war bag and always be ready to do battle!!!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #8 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 11:43pm »

Hey Guiseppi wassup?
 Yup, thanks to y'all I got the war bag filling up. Did all the reading I could tonight as prescribed by members here.  
I must say that this Ch thing is probably the most well...I don't know...humbling or complicated or confusing thing I have ever looked into. I mean, Docs don't even know? It morphs? multiple treatments? The sheer amount of learning required is staggering !!! But I ain't ascareed Smiley
It is a really kool challenge for me. I'm not a big touchy feely kinda guy, but tonight I saw something that made me physically ill. It was a video of a person having this horrible attack. My God, It scared the BJesus out of me.  
Before I came to this site, I never had any real health problem. You know these days everyone is a "victim" and wants the world to carry them. When I got this Ch thing and came here...man !!! my eyes were opened....and I don't like what I see. People actually live with some crazy medical thing that isn't even getting researched enough to solve !!! Then I see all these dedicated Docs and individuals busting ass to help others. Yet, the problem goes on. Insurance companies refusing meds cause they can get away with it. Mushrooms proven to help but we're so puritanical about drugs it is just better to let people suffer. I have to actually become a semi-expert someday on this subject just to solve or control a problem. Now don't get me wrong. This isn't a complaint post. Rather it is just me thinking about how important this issue is to people. How many other important medical things am I unaware of??? But on a positive note, it won't be long and I will have the tools I need to get my act together. Have a great week all.
Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #9 on: Aug 26th, 2007, 11:57pm »

My God, I hate the "newbie" thing. Some of the seniors here are gonna give me a cyber-wedgie or toilet swirlee laugh
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #10 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 4:13am »

on Aug 26th, 2007, 11:43pm, assaultme wrote:
Hey Guiseppi wassup?
 Yup, thanks to y'all I got the war bag filling up. Did all the reading I could tonight as prescribed by members here.  
I must say that this Ch thing is probably the most well...I don't know...humbling or complicated or confusing thing I have ever looked into. I mean, Docs don't even know? It morphs? multiple treatments? The sheer amount of learning required is staggering !!! But I ain't ascareed Smiley
It is a really kool challenge for me. I'm not a big touchy feely kinda guy, but tonight I saw something that made me physically ill. It was a video of a person having this horrible attack. My God, It scared the BJesus out of me.  
Before I came to this site, I never had any real health problem. You know these days everyone is a "victim" and wants the world to carry them. When I got this Ch thing and came here...man !!! my eyes were opened....and I don't like what I see. People actually live with some crazy medical thing that isn't even getting researched enough to solve !!! Then I see all these dedicated Docs and individuals busting ass to help others. Yet, the problem goes on. Insurance companies refusing meds cause they can get away with it. Mushrooms proven to help but we're so puritanical about drugs it is just better to let people suffer. I have to actually become a semi-expert someday on this subject just to solve or control a problem. Now don't get me wrong. This isn't a complaint post. Rather it is just me thinking about how important this issue is to people. How many other important medical things am I unaware of??? But on a positive note, it won't be long and I will have the tools I need to get my act together. Have a great week all.
Cheers, Dave

you mean the video on youtube?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf_QFmTPkw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJxB_8G-73g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqXQ_coJy4I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJFLwYZO7iE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEKdACSjOJ4
IP Logged

Wayne
New Board Old Timer
South_Africa 

RedBull Rules!!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 4:13am »

Hey Dave

Firstly your original question, yup I also get an energy rush after beating/surviving a hit, although I have put it down to, at least in part, the shear volume of caffiene in my system at that time (Redbull, caffergot etc). Interesting that it happens to other folk too.

Secondly, and also true, this appears to be one of the few ailments today where, to a large extent, your success depends on yourself and the knowledge you gather. the more you know the more you can try and the more in control you will feel. For me a simple thing like Redbull has changed my outlook completely like O2 has for others, now there is no way that any doctor would have told me about that. Without this site I would still be living in a world of uncertainty and horror, now life is good again simply cos I have at least a rudimentary understanding of whats happening to me and I know how to fight it.

Good luck, good to have you here.

IP Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #12 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 4:55am »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 4:13am, Wayne wrote:
Hey Dave

Firstly your original question, yup I also get an energy rush after beating/surviving a hit, although I have put it down to, at least in part, the shear volume of caffiene in my system at that time (Redbull, caffergot etc). Interesting that it happens to other folk too.

Secondly, and also true, this appears to be one of the few ailments today where, to a large extent, your success depends on yourself and the knowledge you gather. the more you know the more you can try and the more in control you will feel. For me a simple thing like Redbull has changed my outlook completely like O2 has for others, now there is no way that any doctor would have told me about that. Without this site I would still be living in a world of uncertainty and horror, now life is good again simply cos I have at least a rudimentary understanding of whats happening to me and I know how to fight it.

Good luck, good to have you here.

just a question have you tried bawls or rockstar?? I'm not a big fan of redbull or sobe but I will drink them
IP Logged

Wayne
New Board Old Timer
South_Africa 

RedBull Rules!!

Email

« Reply #13 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 6:20am »

Never tried Bawls or Rockstar but USN works. In fact any Energy drink containing Caffiene and Taurine is ok, but don't buy anything that doesn't contain those 2 all important ingredients.
IP Logged

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #14 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 4:03pm »

If I'm only getting a couple of hits a day, I'm usually pretty good afterwards, but if I'm "peaking" 6-9 hits a day, I'm pretty worn down after struggling all day with it.  (It takes a lot of energy to thrash my fat ass around and scream and cry and what not.)
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 4:14pm »

Nope!, I'm with you and it's why I love using olanzapine. When it kicks in, I experience it like a light switch being flipped--the pain stops and a clear head just that rapidly!!!
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #16 on: Aug 27th, 2007, 5:08pm »

Thanks Wayne.
Have tried  nothing like those drinks yet. I just started here and have done as much reading as I can. I am going to try all the caffeine drinks I can. Today so far, everythings kool beans. Dumped a gallon of coffee down my yap.  
MvT:
UGH, yes the second video looks like the same man I saw, but he was sitting on a bed and audibly crying out. . The video frightened me, but I'm doing great to ignore fear of attack. The first few weeks I had a fear of attack. Now I am my normal self....silly as hell. I don't let it rule me any more than I absolutely have to. Today at work was attack free and me & my work partners did what we usually do....that is act like a bunch of dang clowns. I would say thank y'all again, but I think I say it better by guaranteeing that I have been doing as I am told here. That is to study!!!!  
Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #17 on: Aug 28th, 2007, 7:51pm »

I would like to add an update as to a question I was asked earlier by a fellow member-etteSmiley
 I was asked who my Docs. were and I named them. I think I made it clear that we were in the very beginning process of treatment and the confusion and uncertainty between me & my Docs. was something we would have to wait till today to resolve. The purpose of the question and answer was simply to get me educated and some extra help. I think it is clear enough, but misunderstandings are possible even with good intent. Had I not found a resolution, I would have aired my complaint to the source....not bashed someone who cant even defend them self...that is wrong. So, now that that is clear, I would like to thank My Docs. Schlagel & Ahmed were fantastic. I told Doc. Ahmed I would like an oxygen bottle, Imitrex injectables and a long term of his choice (provided he agreed) and he didn't hesitate for one second. The reason I add this to the discussion is that I owe them both a debt of gratitude and think if you discuss specific details, you should have the courtesy to give those being discussed their due and reputation props.
Thanks for allowing me this. Also, another awesome attack free day....sucker punch coming later  
laugh
Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Aug 28th, 2007, 9:50pm »

on Aug 28th, 2007, 7:51pm, assaultme wrote:
I would like to add an update as to a question I was asked earlier by a fellow member-etteSmiley

Who asked it?.....much to much drama, who asked it?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #19 on: Aug 28th, 2007, 10:00pm »

Jonny:
 My new friend Purpleydog asked me. Like yourself, she has been a big help.
 BTW, I got the O2 tank coming tomorrow for work and I have a big industrial S type tank already in my shop that I intend to get filled.  Gonna do what you said and set the regulator up along with my new non-rebreather mask.  
 Just a little while ago I was playing my drums and got an attack. Did the Imitrex injection for the first time. IT WORKED in about 10 minutes.!!!!!!!!!!!
  I cant say how encouraged this news is to me !!! Buffered by the fact that it is only the first time, but I think I'll go finish The Beatles tune I was playing. Don't wanna dis Ringo  laugh
Thank you.
Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

HeadhurtinMama
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Old Timer
USA 

I'll be just peachy when it quits hurting!

Email

« Reply #20 on: Aug 30th, 2007, 4:11pm »

on Aug 28th, 2007, 9:50pm, Jonny wrote:

Who asked it?.....much to much drama, who asked it?

I asked as well, as I have seen another neuro in Dave's hometown.  I didn't care for him and he misdiagnosed me. I was also offering up my awesome neuro's name since she is very great with treating CH.
IP Logged

Here comes the rain again
Falling from the stars
Drenched in my pain again
Becoming who we are
Wake me up when September ends
Saffy
New Board Junior
Wales 

Email

« Reply #21 on: Sep 5th, 2007, 6:51am »

I've got to admit I get completely wiped out when I have had weeks of "waking me up" CH. The first few weeks aren't so bad bad but when 4 or 5 bad weeks happen as they do one on top of the other I get tired, crotchety and and have to work very hard on the over whelming to desire to be NOT VERY NICE!  Angry Ggrrr

Saffy
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #22 on: Sep 5th, 2007, 3:00pm »

Hi Saffy
You might want to look into posts on Melatonin here on this site. Alot of people have used it with great effect for night time hits - hope that helps!
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

MvT
New Board Veteran
Canada 

Computer Technician

« Reply #23 on: Sep 8th, 2007, 10:21pm »

on Aug 27th, 2007, 5:08pm, assaultme wrote:

MvT:UGH, yes the second video looks like the same man I saw, but he was sitting on a bed and audibly crying out. . The video frightened me, but I'm doing great to ignore fear of attack. The first few weeks I had a fear of attack.

This one?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7g_FgFWTMs

I have been there....not the runny nose tho....still hard to watch glad he got oxygen
« Last Edit: Sep 8th, 2007, 10:33pm by MvT » IP Logged

Groov
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

orangemod260500  

« Reply #24 on: Sep 9th, 2007, 10:19am »

MvT

That one is just about as bad as the one I saw. The one I saw had some guy helping the sufferer keep his mask on....like holding him still or something.

I feel real bad for those here who can get no relief. Before I got help, I think maybe I hit a kip 9 at worst. It was frightening for me mostly because I had no idea why it was happening or that there was something I could do about it.  

I about feel guilty for the success I have had with it. The Docs. gave me drugs that have got it under really good control. Haven't had an attack in 6 days now !!! When I do, 02 or Imitrex shots always seem to work. Now I don't know how long my good luck will hold out, but I don't worry about that. I can do nothing about it. Thing is, I hear others come on here and talk about not being able to go on much longer.  
  It really bothers me that they have such bad luck and no relief. It is truly stupid to live your life worrying about things you can do nothing about. But sometimes those other people's problem creeps into my mind and it bothers me to know they are suffering and their life is being destroyed.  

If there is one thing I have learned, it is humility. After seeing the bad luck of others, I feel stupid for whining about getting a nail in my hi-performance tires. Oh my God !!! Thats gonna cost me 200 bucks !!!! Well, boo hoo, better than a nail in your left eye socket !!!

Cheers, Dave
IP Logged

PARABELLUM

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss