Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 10:45pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « I hope I'm wrong. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Supporter's Corner
   Children and Cluster's
(Moderators: Margi, DJ)
   I hope I'm wrong.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: I hope I'm wrong.  (Read 2257 times)
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I can't think of anything clever to put here.

I hope I'm wrong.
« on: Feb 14th, 2005, 10:13am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My 3-1/2 year old daughter got up and jumped in bed with us last night like she does once in a while.

All was OK till about 3:00 A.M. She suddenly woke up and sat up crying really hard and saying her head hurt.

She wouldn't let me touch her head at all. She said that her eye didn't hurt at all but I saw that it was watery. My wife seems to think that she's just sick and got a HA because of sinuses since she has also been a little sick recently. Our baby sitters kids have also been sick.

With the experience I have with CH, the way my daughter acted last night scares me. This looked exactly like what I go through. My wife said she was OK after about 30 minutes. Sound familiar?  

She also went through a 2 week period when she was about 1 year old where she cried, pulled her hair, and bashed her hand against her head for no reason at all.

Is it normal for a child THIS young to have CH? Are there any other things I should look out for? What kind of treatment can be given to a child?

Any advice or thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Pat
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2005, 10:14am by ExplodingEyeBall » IP Logged

Just poke out my eye and get it over with!!!
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: I hope I'm wrong.
« Reply #1 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 12:56pm »

Oh Pat...I'm sorry. This must be incredibly scary for you. Let's think positive though....
If I were you, I would start a HA journal for her. Fill in what you can from the past and keep adding, even if they seem to be insignificant. If you see a pattern, I would ask her pediatrcian for a peds neuro dr. I'm praying and praying that she is fine.  love and hugggsss, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #2 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 1:21pm »

Pat, I sure hope shes feeling better now... Undecided

I just wanted to say I totally empathize with what happened, my son a few months ago awoke with the same thing, I was out of my mind, I can't even explain how I felt, I posted about it on the Canadian board...within a half an hour he was fine, we sent him to school, later that day he got sick and was sick for three days after...I have never been so happy seeing my child vomit...

Fingers and toes crossed its only a cold/flu...

Hugs  

edit typos...
« Last Edit: Feb 14th, 2005, 1:22pm by broomhilda » IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 1:28pm »

I really hope it's just a fluke and that it just "looks" like CH. She is to sweet to have to deal with CH.

On the way to the baby sitters this morning, I asked her where it hurt last night and she pointed to the side of her head just above her ear. This is my most sensitive area when I'm having a CH along with my eye.
IP Logged

E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 6:53pm »

Pat,
I don't have children (yet) but I work with little guys.......
Point being... look at certain behaviors that coincide with how individuals deal with sinus infections......
Ear grabbing, eye pushing, head rubbing or squeezing......
Try not to worry brother!!!
Can also ask about other kids in school (if she is in preschool or day care, playgroup, etc.)
It goes around like wild fire.....

Relax as best you can my friend!!
Wishing you both the best.

E.
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
ExplodingEyeBall
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 10:22am »

Thanks guys.

She was OK last night. It just scared the Hell out of me that she woke up with a HA that hurt in that particular spot. All this at the same time of year that my head starts screaming really bad.

She also pointed to her right temple and said that the HA hurt there too. Our baby sitter told me that her son had a pretty bad HA a couple nights ago too so it's probably just something thats going around.
IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss