Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 2:10am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Saw a NEW Doc today. »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Saw a NEW Doc today.
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Saw a NEW Doc today.  (Read 550 times)
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

hope life isn't a big joke, because I don't get it

Saw a NEW Doc today.
« on: Jan 12th, 2006, 6:19pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

GEEZE!!!!

Yeah So I go in ARMED to the teeth with mediacal records and letter from last doc (Who because of insurance change I cant see with out paying a FRANKLIN)  Anyway,  He gave me the Verapimil, Lopressor, but only gave me TWO TREX NS with 3 refills.  I am like dude that will get me till next week.  Oh BUT it gets BETTER!  He gave 60 vicodine!!!  I am like whats this for?  Breakthrough pain.  BREAK THROUGH PAIN.  Oh well better get a part time job to pay the other doctor.  it was worth a try anyway.  

PF DAYS AHEAD FOR US ALL!!!

MYNM156
IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
llreed
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: Saw a NEW Doc today.
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 8:07pm »

The Doc. Hunt isn't cool,
Seen my new doc. today - have to say it went alot better than yours.  The uncool thing about my ins. is it will only pay for 3 tex per month.  God I hope the O2 works as well as I hear.
Fun Times - Can you pick another from the list?  It's like playing the lotto - except for having to explain whats wrong over and over again.
As for the Vicodin - sell it??? throw it away???  Grin

PF Wishes
llreed
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2006, 10:21pm »

Knowing what you do about CH and considering what the new doctor did for you, are you really going back? eek
Hang in there
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 8:32am »

No I am not going back to him for CH.  He is gonna help me figure out a reoccuring kidney stone problem and I will just save up for the doctor that treats me the best so far.  He wants to see once every four months or so to check me out I suppose thats an FDA thing who knows.  Anyway,  maybe the Vicodine will help with a Shadow every once in a while I know my wife will enjoy one every so often  hahahahahahah.

IP Logged

"Half of the modern drugs could well be thrown out of the window, except that the birds might eat them."
marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:00am »

on Jan 12th, 2006, 8:07pm, llreed wrote:
 God I hope the O2 works as well as I hear.

Make sure you use it right. See the link onthe left. High-flow regulator, and non-rebreather mask are key to its success.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:21pm »

I had a dr perscribe me 90 oxycondone/month for ch.  I was chronic getting hit 8x a day.  each lasting 1 1/2 hrs. I found the vicodin good for when I had exceeded my imitrix for the day, It brought my kip10's down to a 9 or 8.  At least it keept me from feeling suicidal and going to ER.  However, I did continue to look for an alternative to help achieve pain free status.  I did finaly find something.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 13th, 2006, 9:39pm »

For me all the pain killers are sometimes a trigger and never touchs the pain, however they do come handy for my wife as well LOL. And I didn't go to the neuro when I dislocated my finger. Grin Stay in the fight as always
jb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 11:12am »

on Jan 13th, 2006, 9:39pm, thebbz wrote:
they do come handy for my wife as well LOL.

HAHAHAHA  As a matter of fact my wife par took lastnight!   hahahaha
IP Logged

chewy

Email

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14th, 2006, 11:21am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Quote:
maybe the Vicodine will help with a Shadow every once in a while

Vikes eliminate my shadows by turning them into a full blown CH.
IP Logged
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 4:33am »

on Jan 14th, 2006, 11:21am, chewy wrote:

Vikes eliminate my shadows by turning them into a full blown CH.

Not me every once in a while it helps.
IP Logged

CrazyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 15th, 2006, 7:51am »

I’m not sure I like the term breakthrough pain for CH but then pain is a very personal thing.

I do like Vicodin for shadows and it has not been a trigger for bringing out the beast; otherwise, I would not take it.

When I do face the beast I like the Vicodin most for what I would not call “breakthrough pain” but would rather call “sufferable pain” vs. maybe something like “suicidal pain”.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2006, 9:56pm by CrazyDog » IP Logged

WaltD
http://www.waltdavis.net/crazydog-ch-profile.pdf
mynm156
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 1:51pm »

on Jan 15th, 2006, 7:51am, crazydog wrote:
I’m not sure I like the term breakthrough pain for CH but then pain is a very personal thing.

I do like Vicodin for shadows and it has not been a trigger for bringing out the beast; otherwise, I would not take it.

When I do face the beast I like the Vicodin most for what I would not call “breakthrough pain” but would rather call “sufferable pain” vs. maybe something like “suicidal pain”.

I agree! BREAK THROUGH is not a great term but understandable.  I have been using Stadol for several years as my relief when I just cant take it anymore.  I  understand the addictive part of this.  When I broke my arm I got these pain killers that I remember made me feel (NICE)  I dont get that with the Stadol maybe because it is more like a magic bullet when the trex hasnt worked all the way or the Shadows are really bad.  I guess that it the pain that takes all the FUN out of taking pain med.  hahahaha  

Well I just as soon not take seven pills(NOT NARCS) a day along with Trex at all!!!!!

PF DAY 4 us all!!!

MYNM156
IP Logged

upnover
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 5:10pm »

not trying to rob this thread but did you try to get the Dr. to contact your ins. company and make other arangments I know this was how I went from 8 shots a month to 24

on Jan 12th, 2006, 8:07pm, llreed wrote:
The Doc. Hunt isn't cool,
Seen my new doc. today - have to say it went alot better than yours.  The uncool thing about my ins. is it will only pay for 3 tex per month.  God I hope the O2 works as well as I hear.
Fun Times - Can you pick another from the list?  It's like playing the lotto - except for having to explain whats wrong over and over again.
As for the Vicodin - sell it??? throw it away???  Grin

PF Wishes
llreed

IP Logged

Tom
Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #13 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 7:18pm »

Vicadin did nothing for me...maybe helped me catch a nap between meltdowns...ate them like candy.  They're sort of like M&Ms...except without the colorful candy shell...and they're not chocolate inside...and they cost more than 75 cents a bag...and my friends never asked me for M&Ms.  haha

Best of luck.  

Phil
IP Logged
CrazyDog
New Board Newbie
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 18th, 2006, 11:23pm »

I think you need to define what it means to eat Vicodon like candy.

Like for example, I just bought a 1 pound bag of M&M's the other night. And before I got home I had already eaten 3 hands full.  

Now the store is 5 blocks away so that’s not even one hand full per block but I am pretty sure in Medical terms if this where Vicodin it would have busted me out of my current cycle.

Granted I would be dead but none the less it would have cured me of CH.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2006, 11:24pm by CrazyDog » IP Logged

WaltD
http://www.waltdavis.net/crazydog-ch-profile.pdf
Phil the Desert Rat
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 19th, 2006, 12:36am »

Like candy = instead of one every 12 hours (as directed), there were days I was popping one every few hours.  It wasn't smart in retrospect, but just wanted the pain to stop.   Didn't understand at the time that vicadin was useless against CH...just thought I had a high tolerance or something. Undecided  Know better now.  I'll stick to M&Ms.  And the Rx's.  And will use O2 next time around.

--Phil
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss