Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 11:21am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « three days now... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   three days now...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: three days now...  (Read 1281 times)
carriefu
New Board Veteran
USA 

cfloram@yahoo.com   cfloram@aol.com
Email

Re: three days now...
« Reply #25 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 11:46am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

been awhile since i first posted that...now i'm in the middle of hell, its just not letting up, no matter what i do
so many er visits this time, so many dr. visits this time....where is the cure???what will break this cluster??
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #26 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 12:01pm »

Hi Carrie,

I have read through your posts and the only mentions of treatment were in regards to Head On, dramamine and a question regarding usage of axert.

What are you doing for treatment?
Preventatives?
Abortives?

I am going to give you som elinks that I want you to read through.

This is a great resource to know like the back of your hand...print it out and give it to the doc  

http://www.brightok.net/~mnjday/chtherapy.pdf

It will present the appropriate treatments that you should seek and your doctor should know!!!  

If you want an abortive with the least amount of side-effects O2 should not only be requested but demanded from your doctor!!!  

http://www.maplefallswebdesign.com/misc/oxygen/oxygen.htm

I have used Zyprexa as an abortive and have found it to work (for me) as fast as Imitrex and without the "hangover"  

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1120904753

If you do have the "typical" wake you up in the middle of the night horrors then.... Melatonin might be very helpful  
Many of us (myself included) have found that taking 6-9mg (some take more) about a 1/2 hour to 45minutes prior to bed have Knocked out the night visits and can finally get sleep.  

With the exception of 10-12 times.....I have slept through the night since August '04 (went chronic in March 05).....Still get hit during the day but my overall quality of life is better because I am not as exhausted all the time.  

Some people report that it seems to make them worse....The fact is that we are all different and respond differently to everything therefore it may or may not...  

The one thing I will tell you as far as my experience was that I had to stick with it...The first night I took melatonin, I was awoken with a doozy only I was too groggy to find my O2 .....It got a lot better for me....I then slept through the night but would get slammed about 1/2 hour after waking up....kinda like knocking the beast off schedule.....then again I was peaking and this cycle has been all over the place with no real pattern.  
I stayed with melatonin and have had decent sleep overall. (Maybe I should start folowing my own advice again hahahaha!)

It may help and it is natural with not too many sideeffects....also ask your doctor b/c if there are any side effects or contraindications...I think they have to do with mild depression.....  

Like I said we are all different.  

Gauge through everyone's preferences on the site and you will see that though we do respond differently, there appears to be preference with either, Imitrex Injection, Zomig NS or ZMT, OXYGEN with a non-rebreather mask and a high flow regulator (12-15 lpm), and some use ergots (DHE NS or Injection and Cafergot). There are also many who have gone the alternative route as well as some who just decide to bare knuckle it.

It is YOUR choice!!!

Go find some relief!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
carriefu
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 12:11pm »

thanks eric....i just read through my posts...lol...i do have 02 and i have used it for quite a few years, my preventitive is inderal...120la...i know its ancient, but for some reason when it kicks in on me, it works....(my neuro(old one) has done all the other preventitives...pred, verap, elavil...you name it, iw as the youngest person at the time to ever use imitrex injectables (this was a long time aga)and my neuro at that time reported my effects to glaxo,now, im using maxalt, with midrin....unfortunately, my headaches are not "very treatable" i have had them for a very long time, ive been on everything...its strange, but one day from now i'll just wake up and they willl be gone...
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #28 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 12:16pm »

Maybe time for a change or trying something again.
It appears that the inderol isn't helping and you are having a really rough time.

Or it is what it is and you just need a big HUG!!!!

Either way I hope you find relief!

E
IP Logged

Space in-between them
carriefu
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #29 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 12:21pm »

i just read about you and zyprexa...hmmm...ive never heard of it given for this..
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #30 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 12:30pm »

on Feb 9th, 2006, 12:21pm, carriefu wrote:
i just read about you and zyprexa...hmmm...ive never heard of it given for this..

It's sick!!!!!!!!

For me and a few others on the MB that have tried it have reprted that it works as fast as any of the fastest triptans and is CHEAPER and no crappy feelings after.

At the moment I am attempting to be completely med free and just use my oxygen, however I have been very tempted to just reach for it.  1/2 a pill and 5 minutes PF.

Anyway, that may be your new weapon of choice.

If you can get a sample see how it works and report back to us.

I know RJ would be thrilled to see another one testing it Wink

Keep us or at least me updated.

Eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 12:48pm »

carrie, excuse the interruption but...am I reading your posts wrong?  Are you having headaches that last for three days?
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
carriefu
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

« Reply #32 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 4:12pm »

oh no margie.....that was the begining of the hard part of this cluster...
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #33 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 11:12pm »

Just remember Carrie, it could be worse. My Padres just signed another washed up has been, Piazza. Sigh, wait'll next year! (We say that a lot in San Diego) Sending you good vibes, wishes and prayers for a pain free day soon.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
pfunk

Email

« Reply #34 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 11:25pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Carrie-
Just caught on to this thread and wnat to send out my well wishes.  Those go out double time from me seeing that I found out there was a fellow Yankee fan out there reading with me.  Much luv and PFDAN Wink Cool

Pfunk
IP Logged
Dragnlance
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Monster bait

Dragnlance  
WWW Email

« Reply #35 on: Feb 9th, 2006, 11:49pm »

GO BLUEJAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
As I recall, they happen to have some rings.... *Grins*

Despite the Yanks, I will pray for your speedy progress to your nearest pain free period!!!!!
Sorry you are hurting!!

Dragn

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss