Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 14th, 2024, 11:21pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « one time ch? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   one time ch?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: one time ch?  (Read 268 times)
melloyellogirl
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

one time ch?
« on: Mar 15th, 2006, 10:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I began clusters 2 years ago.  My doctor and I had no clue what was going on.  I am now pregnant and I had one ch but have not been revisited as of yet (7 days).  Have any of you experienced this during pregnancy?
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

Re: one time ch?
« Reply #1 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 10:11pm »

If you do a search on pregnancy or hormones you will find that some women do get a pain free period during pregnancy.  Some women think hormones are involved.   Other woman seem uneffected.  Read the posts titled pregnant or for woman only.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2006, 10:12pm by Karla » IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
melloyellogirl
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 15th, 2006, 10:13pm »

Do you know of other women that have been pregnant and just had one once or is this just a warning for more to come?
IP Logged
Bob_Johnson
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 16th, 2006, 8:21am »

J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2006 Jan 11  

Cluster headache in women - relation with menstruation, use of oral contraceptives, pregnancy and menopause.

van Vliet JA, Favier I, Helmerhorst FM, Haan J, Ferrari MD.

Medical Centre Haaglanden, Netherlands.

Abstract In contrast to migraine, little is known about the relationship between cluster headache and menstrual cycle, oral contraceptives, pregnancy and menopause. We performed a population-based questionnaire study among 224 female cluster headache patients, and studied the possible effect of hormonal influences on cluster headache attacks. For control data, a similar but adjusted questionnaire was sent to healthy volunteers and migraine patients. We found that menstruation, use of oral contraceptives, pregnancy and menopause had a much smaller influence on cluster headache attacks than in migraine. Cluster headache can, however, have a large impact on individual women, for example to refrain from having children.

PMID: 16407458  

Never make forecasts, especially about the future.

-Samuel Goldwyn
IP Logged

Bob Johnson
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss