Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 5:40pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « lasik monovision and clusters »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   lasik monovision and clusters
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: lasik monovision and clusters  (Read 1585 times)
konstantino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

lasik monovision and clusters
« on: Jun 21st, 2006, 6:37pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hello there

i m considering to have lasik operation on my eyes - my eye doctor suggested monovision in order to avoid reading glasses in the near future.

has anybody had monovision done?

does it seem to trigger more clusters??

thanks

k
IP Logged
Mattrf
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Thank god for my wife and kids who keep me alive.

Mattrf  
Email

Re: lasik monovision and clusters
« Reply #1 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 11:10am »

I had lasik done probably 13 years ago, it was like two years after it came out, I didn’t have my headaches back then so not sure about it being a trigger. They also tried to talk me into the monovision thing. My eyes have always been very bad -5 in one eye and -5.25 in the other with stigmatism in both. I decided that I did not want the monovision and if I had to have reading glasses that would be fine at least I would not be blind anymore. I am 43 and I am just now thinking I may need the reading glasses in the near future, things close up are starting to get a little fuzzy.  
I went from only being able to see things at about 4” from my face to having that be the only place I can’t see now but have been very happy with my decision and think it was the best money I have ever spent.
The decision is yours to make and depending on your age, like me you may not need the reading glasses for some time and the thought of having my eyes set one for close up and one for far never sat well with me and am glad I did not go that way. I wore glasses for like 30 years so I figured reading glasses would not be that bad. I had my vision checked a couple months ago and I am still 20/20 and have been since the surgery and I am still amazed at being able to see so well after being so blind for so many years.
IP Logged

There is no stronger a person then one who can deal with brain pain and still function.
Melvyn
New Board Newbie
England 

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 11:56am »

I'm 56 years old and wore specs from the age of 18. switched to contact lenses at 36 and wore them until 2.5 years ago.

My eyes are not too bad -1.75 and -1.8 and I could read without any problem when not wearing my contacts. As I got older I found reading with my contacts in more of a problem so the optician adjusted my lenses so that effectively one of the lenses was slightly weaker so that I could read easily - is this what you mean by monovision?

Had both eyes lazared 2.5 years ago and had them done to the same prescription as my contacts. I have no problem reading driving and playing sports. It works well for me and didn't trigger a CH episode. I had my last CH 3 years ago and my current one started about 6 weeks ago.

Hope this helps and the best of luck with whatever you decide.
IP Logged

Melvyn
konstantino
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #3 on: Jun 22nd, 2006, 12:50pm »

thank you mattrf and melvyn

yes, melvyn, this is what i mean - thanks for the info
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss