Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 17th, 2024, 8:05am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « A Headache Story - Part 4 »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   A Headache Story - Part 4
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: A Headache Story - Part 4  (Read 5527 times)
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

Re: A Headache Story - Part 4
« Reply #50 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:15pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I told one of your other personas, it's spelled Ativan.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #51 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:21pm »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 10:15pm, brewcrew wrote:
I told one of your other personas, it's spelled Ativan.

BINGO....Brew....this fuck is toast!!!!!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

chewy

Email

« Reply #52 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:23pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 25th, 2008, 10:11pm, Ace_Sterling wrote:

I have read everything else on this site.

Smart thing to do is move along to another site then.
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Jan 25th, 2008, 10:27pm »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 10:23pm, chewy wrote:
Smart thing to do is move along to another site then.

Please do not plead with the wildlife, he will get a boner.  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

deltadarlin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #54 on: Jan 26th, 2008, 3:05pm »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 11:26am, Ace_Sterling wrote:

The first taper, I jumped from 30mg to 20mg. I felt fine for the first 24 hours. I was in a bar drinking, smoking, throwing darts...and all of a sudden my tongue swelled up and filled the whole inside of my mouth. If I tried to open my mouth my tongue would start to slide back toward my airway. My girlfriend is freakin out and 60 seconds later   I shrunk to normal size and I was fine.

Well hell folks, let's give him another dose and perhaps he'll shrink to noting and go *poof* and disappear completely!

IP Logged

If it weren't for the gutter, y mind would be homeless.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v123/tribander_3/

You pretend to pay me, I pretend to work.

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #55 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 1:12am »

on Jan 25th, 2008, 3:49pm, Annette wrote:
Dont know if you know, but the Admin for that site is our very own Ike, he is well loved by many here. Other Chers there are people who are long time members here such as Shedz and Phil. They are all your CHer fellows. To call them loons is most disrespectful on your part Potter.

You seem to enjoy tormenting a mentally ill person who may or may not have CH, that says a lot about your character.

You complained when others didnt show understanding and support for CHers, but do you show people afflicted with other chronic medical conditions any?  

This is a cluster headaches website, Annette, in case you didn't notice. Maybe if he goes to the other website, you can show him your compassion for mental illness there, and proceed to diagnose all his problems. He has enough to keep even you busy for quite while. Probably have some things in common.

I haven't seen any evidence of CH. Just vague medical complaints that have nothing to do with CH.
IP Logged

Ace
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #56 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 9:49am »

on Jan 27th, 2008, 1:12am, purpleydog wrote:

This is a cluster headaches website, Annette, in case you didn't notice. Maybe if he goes to the other website, you can show him your compassion for mental illness there, and proceed to diagnose all his problems. He has enough to keep even you busy for quite while. Probably have some things in common.

I haven't seen any evidence of CH. Just vague medical complaints that have nothing to do with CH.

I have schizophrenia (relativeley new diagnosis), I have Cluster headache that bounce from cronis to episodie, and I have other health issues which no one cares about and either do I anymore.
IP Logged

My Head Hurts Too
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #57 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 9:57am »

on Jan 27th, 2008, 9:49am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I have Cluster headache that bounce from cronis to episodie,

Another cluster self-diagnosis?  Those damn experts, what do they know.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #58 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 9:59am »

on Jan 27th, 2008, 9:49am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
...I have other health issues which no one cares about and either do I anymore.

Here we go. Please turn to page 42, section B of your playbook. The section entitled "Playing the Martyr."
IP Logged

starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #59 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 11:32am »

Annette,

I don't think this guy is schizophrenic at all.  Most schizophrenics don't readily admit to being schizophrenic.  
The loose association of ideas is him being sarcastic.  If anything he's trying to mock CHers.  But all he's doing is making an ass of himself.
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #60 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 1:06pm »

How dare you question a diagnosis via internet message board?

Quote:
If anything he's trying to mock CHers.

Bingo.
IP Logged
Ace
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #61 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 7:15pm »

Starlight and Chewey, we've been though so much together me&mb

I am not "self Dxd". What are you supposed to have me do, have my doctor come the website and say John suffer from CH and Schizophrenia. (Really Its schizoaffective disorer, paranoid and disorganized type) I can thank my mother for passin that one down to me.

I don't see how I am "mocking" CH'ers.
I wouldn't mock anybody witha medical condition.
I mostly reserve my mocking for small dogs and fair-ride workers.Smiley...and retarded people that don't know they're retarded.

As for this site...I see a LOT of suffering but not much action. On the other side fo the fence. I see the IHS doing a little thinking but more geared toward making their PowerPoint presentation look good for the board.  

Seems if these 2 side could get together something might actually get done.

Let me ask you one question:
I have PM's or talked to or read that virtually every CH'er can bring on a headache via alcohol. Doesn't this fact bother you. It would bother me.

Samething goes for schiz. 80% of schizophrenians smoke, some say it more like 99%. Regardless, that high number sits in my head and say this has to be a part of it, it has to be causal,...but why.

That's just me. When I  am not getting abused buy retards.

IP Logged

My Head Hurts Too
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #62 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 7:36pm »

on Jan 27th, 2008, 7:15pm, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I don't see how I am "mocking" CH'ers.
I wouldn't mock anybody witha medical condition.
I mostly reserve my mocking for small dogs and fair-ride workers.Smiley...and retarded people that don't know they're retarded.

I believe you listed five CH'ers and then added most who've responded to you as in that category, so you are saying you do mock CH'ers.  Thank's for being honest about being a troll.  

Why did you come back as a soccer ball?

Quote:
I have PM's or talked to or read that virtually every CH'er can bring on a headache via alcohol. Doesn't this fact bother you. It would bother me.

Why, do you intend to do something about it?  I believe Chewy and I have for ourselves, long ago.  

« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2008, 7:54pm by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #63 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 8:37pm »

I have PM's or talked to or read that virtually every CH'er can bring on a headache via alcohol. Doesn't this fact bother you. It would bother me...

...if I was a diagnosed cluster headache sufferer.

Is that what you're trying to say?
IP Logged

monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #64 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 8:53pm »

No, it doesn't bother me at all. I am glad to know that. If I am in cycle, drinking will quickly cause pain. So I don't drink when I am in cycle. It's not a big deal for me to postpone that. The universe dealt a card that says that alcohol is the most widely recognized trigger. You can play that card as you like.  

The fact that a whiff of perfume or gasoline can sometimes trigger is more of a bother, because I have less control over that. But I do what I can to reduce that - and it that doesn't happen too often.  

Sleep is my biggest trigger, and melatonin and antihistamines at night are two ways that I deal with it.  

As for this site...I see a LOT of suffering but not much action. On the other side fo the fence. I see the IHS doing a little thinking but more geared toward making their PowerPoint presentation look good for the board.  

Your perspective is limited and your conclusions are incorrect. Over the years, this place has led to discussions on clusterbusters, high-flow oxygen, kudzu, water flushes, taurine and a few other things that are effective tools for helping people cope. Other valuable info is regularly discussed here, like the circulatory technique, or splitting trex doses to minimize the side-effects and conserve limited prescriptions. You won't see a major breakthrough every day, but they do happen.  

IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
starlight
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #65 on: Jan 27th, 2008, 9:28pm »

Ace,

I started getting CH when I was 14--never had touched alcohol, cigs, or even coffee at that age, so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that alcohol is "causal" as you put it.  Alcohol didn't cause my CH.  Also I did not used to be triggered by alcohol when I did drink (late high school/college).  Alcohol didn't trigger me until I was 26 and hardly drank at all at that time but had a glass of wine at a Stevie Nicks concert and a couple sips brought on a horrible HA in public.  Well, I just never did that again.  But just cause alcohol triggers most people I guess doesn't mean it is the root cause of CH--it couldn't be--I had never touched alcohol when mine developed and do not presently drink and still get them.  
Also smoking does not cause schizophrenia, yes a lot of them smoke a lot but it is their condition that causes them to smoke a lot--not the other way around.
IP Logged
Ace
New Board Newbie
USA 

Email

« Reply #66 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 4:02am »

on Jan 27th, 2008, 9:28pm, starlight wrote:
Ace,

I started getting CH when I was 14--never had touched alcohol, cigs, or even coffee at that age, so I wouldn't jump to the conclusion that alcohol is "causal" as you put it.  Alcohol didn't cause my CH.  Also I did not used to be triggered by alcohol when I did drink (late high school/college).  Alcohol didn't trigger me until I was 26 and hardly drank at all at that time but had a glass of wine at a Stevie Nicks concert and a couple sips brought on a horrible HA in public.  Well, I just never did that again.  But just cause alcohol triggers most people I guess doesn't mean it is the root cause of CH--it couldn't be--I had never touched alcohol when mine developed and do not presently drink and still get them.  
Also smoking does not cause schizophrenia, yes a lot of them smoke a lot but it is their condition that causes them to smoke a lot--not the other way around.

Don;t even begin to give me a lecture on schiz. I have had the fine pleaseure of taking care of one of the worst schizs' (not my words) that anyone has ever come across (mother) had about a year break and then I developed the disease. The thing is I can look back now I say I showed signs ans symptoms possibly as far back as 4 or 5 years old.

[quote/]Also smoking does not cause schizophrenia, yes a lot of them smoke a lot but it is their condition that causes them to smoke a lot--not the other way around. [/quote]  

Remember those words in 5 years.

At least I got an honest reply from you guys instead of the hammerdown BS I have had to put up with. Thank You.

I did some research and after talking to a lot of you I don't know what to make of it....I get headaches that start outside my skull at the right occipital protuberance. You can feel it where this nerve has been damage and that it where the headaches start.(No auras or any type of migraine nehavior)

When they do, I know the clock is ticking and I have to get some Excedrin, some ice on the back of my head, and laydown quickly (30 minutes or so). IF I DON'T, my headaches progress to a full blown cluster headache like the one you all describe.  

What do I call that?
Pain Killer and coffee give me some relief nut then there is the rebound ffrom the pain killer...
Also, why does everyone here tske melatonin?
I know it's for sleep but is everyone an insomniac (besides meSmiley)
Is everyone allergic the Ambien?

Ace
« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2008, 4:13am by Ace » IP Logged

My Head Hurts Too
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #67 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 7:14am »

my head hurts. Go away.
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
artonio7
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Home since 11/18/06

artonio9  

« Reply #68 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 7:19am »

Ace... I'm curious. What does schizophrenia feel like? I guess it sucks. Are you currently on any form of chemical therapy?

with warm regards,
Tony
IP Logged

Hope! http://artonio7.com
CH Pain Calendar Free Download
For artwork
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #69 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 7:21am »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 4:02am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
When they do, I know the clock is ticking and I have to get some Excedrin, some ice on the back of my head, and laydown quickly (30 minutes or so).

What do I call that?

http://www.migraineheadaches.com/

Sorry, Ace. The Excedrin part and the laying down part just ain't cluster.
IP Logged

Paul98

Email

« Reply #70 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:25am »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 4:02am, Ace_Sterling wrote:

I did some research and after talking to a lot of you I don't know what to make of it....I get headaches that start outside my skull at the right occipital protuberance. You can feel it where this nerve has been damage and that it where the headaches start.(No auras or any type of migraine nehavior)

Also, why does everyone here tske melatonin?
I know it's for sleep but is everyone an insomniac (besides meSmiley)
Is everyone allergic the Ambien?

Ace

Ace, I cannot speak for the rest of the folks here but in all the years I have had CH none of my H/A's are external to the cranium.  Asprine or ibuprofin don't touch the HA. and the last thing I could possible do when getting hit is lie down.

For the melatonin, it helps sleep and I feel it has lessened the intensity of my cycles.  People with CH have very low melatonin levels and we do not have the circadian rhythem of the nocturnal increase like normal people do.  

-P.
IP Logged
Angie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #71 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:36am »

I can thank my mother for passin that one down to me.

You can also thank your mother for giving birth to you.

IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

« Reply #72 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:38am »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 8:36am, Angie wrote:

You can also thank your mother for giving birth to you.

Thank you Angie - that sentence of his particularly upset me this morning as alot of you can guess why.  

What a horrid little man he is huh?  Roll Eyes
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #73 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:39am »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 7:19am, artonio7 wrote:
Are you currently on any form of chemical therapy?

on Jan 25th, 2008, 10:08pm, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I recently switched to a new psychiatrist and he wouldn't give my Zyprexa. I told him I was schiz, I told him I needed Zyprexa and Adivan. He didn't think I was schiz so he didn't give me any meds.

on Jan 25th, 2008, 10:11pm, Ace_Sterling wrote:
You could respond to me by telling me about your headaches  

...that would help me and give me something to do besides post.

on Jan 25th, 2008, 11:26am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I sit at home, alone and forgotten about.

needs a hobby.

on Jan 24th, 2008, 10:35pm, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I have myofascial pain syndrome.

Quote:
Myofascial pain syndrome is a chronic form of muscle pain. The pain of myofascial pain syndrome centers around sensitive points in your muscles called trigger points. The trigger points in your muscles can be painful when touched. And the pain can spread throughout the affected muscle.  

Nearly everyone experiences muscle pain from time to time that generally resolves in a few days. But people with myofascial pain syndrome have muscle pain that persists or worsens. Myofascial pain caused by trigger points has been linked to many types of pain, including headaches, jaw pain, neck pain, low back pain, pelvic pain, and arm and leg pain.  

Treatment for myofascial pain syndrome can bring pain relief in many cases. Options for myofascial pain syndrome treatment may include physical therapy, trigger point injections or medications.  

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/%20myofascial-pain-syndrome/DS01042

on Jan 25th, 2008, 8:28am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I went 6 months trying to diagnose what was looking like a rheumatoid condition on top of my headaches.

on Jan 25th, 2008, 8:28am, Ace_Sterling wrote:
I put myself on 30mg Prednisone, Xmg of Celexa, Aspirin, Vitamins, and who knows what else.

Half-way during the week...my head was just ringing so bad I couldn't stand it..

(The only thing running through my mind was that I looked like my Mother after she has an episode. My mother has schizophrenia)

the schizo diagnosis?

« Last Edit: Jan 28th, 2008, 9:11am by Kevin_M » IP Logged
Angie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

WWW Email

« Reply #74 on: Jan 28th, 2008, 8:45am »

on Jan 28th, 2008, 8:38am, LeLimey wrote:

Thank you Angie - that sentence of his particularly upset me this morning as alot of you can guess why.  

What a horrid little man he is huh?  Roll Eyes

Yes Helen that upset me as well. I double that, the horrid little man.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss