Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 12:43pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « CH episode triggered by emotional stress »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   CH episode triggered by emotional stress
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: CH episode triggered by emotional stress  (Read 5913 times)
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

Re: CH episode triggered by emotional stress
« Reply #50 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 8:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Pinkfloyd,

I have a question for you please. This picture of the statue that you have on your clusterbuster site, do you own it ? Did you take the picture yourself ?  

Just curious ...

IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #51 on: Feb 8th, 2008, 9:04pm »

Y'all need to give it a rest..... And I mean y'all.
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
StressFree
New Board Veteran
USA 

James4:8 I'm a moral failure, but there is hope...

« Reply #52 on: Feb 14th, 2008, 6:04pm »

To those who often state "it's the hypothalamus". I must again say, there is more involved. Many threads here have covered physical stress such as illness being a trigger for cluster cycles. Also quite a few threads on emotional stress (fine line between physical and emotional right?) or the relaxation following stress. My question to those who seem to think there is nothing to this "stress" factor, why do many begin getting cluster attacks later in life if it is a matter of a "broken hypothalamus"? Seems to me, something must have broken it then...
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #53 on: Feb 16th, 2008, 1:30pm »

[quote author=nani link=board=chspecific;num=1202182566;start=25#40 date=02/07/08 at 21:49:33]

I wouldn't flatter myself if I were you. It's not personal at all.

YES IT ABSOLUTELY IS... EVERYONE RANKS ON ANNETTE AND PICKS ON HER EVERY WORD... IT MAKES ME SICK AND THATS WHY THIS SITE THOUGH HELPFUL TO MOST CONTRADICTS ITSELF.   IF I HAD POSTED THAT NO ONE WOULD HAVE CARED... JUST THAT SHE IS A DR.  PEOPLE HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT FOR SOME REASON, INSTEAD OF FEELING LUCKY TO HAVE HER HERE.

SORRY ANNETTE THAT YOU HAVE TO GO THROUGH THIS OVER AND OVER.  
I APPRECIATE YOU. THANKS FOR SHARING WHAT YOU LEARNED IN A GROUP YOU BELONG TO AND INNOCENTLY POSTED HERE TO HELP PEOPLE...
 FOR YOUR INFORMATION, "GROUP" MOST OF OUR AVATARS ARE STOLEN FROM COPYWRITTEN PLACES.  

REE
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2008, 1:38pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #54 on: Feb 17th, 2008, 1:26am »

Thank you very much Ree for your kind words and support and I appreciate you greatly.  hug

However, its not that "everyone" has a problem with me being a doctor. In fact I believe there is only one person who really does and a couple others who follow blindly.  

I am happy that since I posted the article, several have come forward to share their thoughts on the topic both in the thread here as well privately via PM and emails. As long as it has helped even just one person, its worthwhile.  

I hope this will open the path for people to speak about their experiences without the fear of being ridiculed.  

IP Logged

Mediocrity knows nothing higher than itself; but talent instantly recognizes genius.
Arthur Conan Doyle
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #55 on: Feb 17th, 2008, 1:08pm »

I'm brand spanking new here but something in that article struck me b/c of DH's history.

The guy in the article was a migraine sufferer who developed CH's.  My DH has the same history and a month before his first CH he had to seperate from his business partner and best friend due to mismanagement on the friends part.

I have been convinced that the two are related for my DH (I could be totally wrong however).  I think the previous migraine sufferer part was interesting and I wonder how many people start off with migraines and later develop CH's.

Thanks for sharing that Annette, I found it helpful.
IP Logged
Jackie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Go For It!!!

Email

« Reply #56 on: Feb 17th, 2008, 1:17pm »

The history of CH sufferers is so very different...or so I've found it to be.  As to my hubby....he never had a headach in his life until the clusters began. Also...as to the stress, he said it was a good time in his life when they hit....relatively stress free and happy.  So who really knows... Undecided

It seems that clusters...a persons history, med. effects, what works and what doesn't, lenght of cycles, etc....is very unique and as individual as the person him/herself.

Glad to see you're doing your homework, Heather.....good on you, Sweetie.

Jacki
IP Logged
scarlet52698
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #57 on: Feb 17th, 2008, 1:36pm »

I think you are right Jackie........it does all seem pretty individual.
IP Logged
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #58 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 5:11am »

on Feb 7th, 2008, 6:59pm, Annette wrote:

I have seen many things done here that potentially is a lot more "illegal" or morally incorrect such as using someone else meds ... I have also seen people being told blatantly to use LSD and to consume RC seeds which are all illegal activities when it comes to the laws.  

Annette, do you mean when you offered your husband's imitrex up here on the board, and that you would send it to whoever wanted it? And please, send me the thread you have supposedly copied that blatantly told someone to use LSD. Or RC seeds. Where is it in the law books that telling someone to use LSD or RC seeds is illegal? Is that illegal in Australia?

I would like to know who you think follows BobW blindly. You are implying that the people on this board cannot think for themselves.  

Almost all of the people who post articles on this board, always post the source, and a link to it.

Oh, by the way, being a doc means science rules your professional world.  

Nani, I see she bypassed answering your question again.

Oh, btw, Don, nice pic.
IP Logged

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #59 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 5:30am »

on Feb 7th, 2008, 9:04pm, Jonny wrote:

..and he apologised like the assh0le he was.

Like you apologized to Unsolved like the ass hole you are?  Grin And ran him off the board?   Grin And, to answer your previous question, how do you run someone off the board?  Grin  By dogging the hell out of them, and telling them how worthless they are, and telling them they aren't family, Jonny.   Grin  And by telling them how pissed off you are that that person is sucking away your tax dollars (and they are sucking away every dollar you pay in taxes, apparently), by being on SSDI for the same condition you have, and they can't get any control of, and have it way way worse off than you.   Grin

IP Logged

AussieBrian
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Got beer?

« Reply #60 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 8:52am »

on Feb 18th, 2008, 5:11am, purpleydog wrote:
I would like to know who you think follows BobW blindly.

You can help me out here, Purpleydog, because try as I might I just can't work the search engine to find where she mentioned BobW as the leader of the push.  

I'm confuseder even more by your allegation she'd send her husband's Imitrex (Imigran here in Oz) to anyone who simply asked. They were free samples she'd organised and qualified that unequivacably by stating it would only be by arrangement with the sufferer's own physician.

It interests me that so few people have a problem with Annette's presence here (and get so much help in return) yet the RC brigade are so down on her, so here's the bet -

Close your eyes and count to five and tell me the name and/or subject of this thread.

IP Logged

Vulcrania horrendus - twice daily, then two at night in lieu of sleep.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #61 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 11:11am »

on Feb 18th, 2008, 8:52am, AussieBrian wrote:

You can help me out here, Purpleydog, because try as I might I just can't work the search engine to find where she mentioned BobW as the leader of the push.  

OK... I see your point, Bri.

So, Annette, would you please tell me who you think has the problem, and who you think follows blindly?
If I'm included in your "blind followers", let me just say that I am quite insulted by that.
I'm not a "follower" at all, and I'm quite capable of coming to my own conclusions.

Also, regarding your question about the photo on the CB  site, that's an openstock photo approved by the CB attorney.

IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Annette
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Australia 

Veni Vidi Velcro

Email

« Reply #62 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 4:39pm »

on Feb 18th, 2008, 5:11am, purpleydog wrote:

And please, send me the thread you have supposedly copied that blatantly told someone to use LSD.  

Why dont you ask MJ or Gator ? They both know and also ask them what they thought about the thread themselves.

Also ask Pinkfloyd about what he supposedly does to threads that discuss LSD use ? apparently he moves in and shut them down. However, that didnt happen here.  

Edited to add : this thread has gone off topic enough, I will start another thread for PurpleyDog and Nani down in the General Board, and for anyone else who want to join in, discussing copyrighted topics,  LSD advices and anything else.  

« Last Edit: Feb 18th, 2008, 4:50pm by Annette » IP Logged

Arthur Conan Doyle
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #63 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 5:58pm »

Please don't.

I can't for the life of me,  understand why you'd want to.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #64 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 7:11pm »

bullshit triggers my emotional stress levels.
You all need to have a drink with Bri
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #65 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 8:02pm »

on Feb 18th, 2008, 4:39pm, Annette wrote:

Why dont you ask MJ or Gator ? They both know and also ask them what they thought about the thread themselves.

Also ask Pinkfloyd about what he supposedly does to threads that discuss LSD use ? apparently he moves in and shut them down. However, that didnt happen here.  

Edited to add : this thread has gone off topic enough, I will start another thread for PurpleyDog and Nani down in the General Board, and for anyone else who want to join in, discussing copyrighted topics,  LSD advices and anything else.  

I'm asking you, Annette, you are the one who said you had it. Why don't you send it to me? Do you have it, or not?

Why would I want to ask PinkFloyd about what he does to threads that discuss LSD use? Why do you think he moves in and shuts them down? He's not a moderator on this board, only DJ can shut down a thread. I think  you are confused.

Brian, I can quote it, but according to Annette, one person apparently has a problem with her, but also according to Annette, everyone here knows who that is. And I'd like to know who is blindly following this person, as nani does, because that not only is she insulting nani, if she is speaking of her, but she is insulting everyone on this board.

And when she said she had imitrex/ imigran available, she said it was her husbands, that he hadn't used it, samples or not, it apparently belonged to him. And I distinctly got the impression that "going through a physician" to send them was a thinly disguised excuse to send them.  

And she wouldn't be able to go through anyone's physician to send any drug samples here in the United States. We have HIPPA laws. Meaning no medical personnel may discuss your case with anyone else, without written consent from the patient. Meaning no doctor, or nurse would even acknowledge a patient even being a patient of anyone's practice. I'm sure you have similar laws in OZ.

However, I do think it's interesting how Annette wriggles out of any direct questions asked of her, and how she states what she has read, and what the majority of people have said on this website, as medical fact.

IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #66 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 8:10pm »

Chris,

Have you ever asked anyone on this board to send you Imitrex that was not yours and was not perscribed to you?

A yes or no will do!
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

purpleydog
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #67 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 9:19pm »

on Feb 7th, 2008, 6:59pm, Annette wrote:

I find it ironic that the same people who advocate the use of illegal substances would speak out so loudly about what is lawfully appropriate or inappropriate. I have seen many things done here that potentially is a lot more "illegal" or morally incorrect such as using someone else meds ... I have also seen people being told blatantly to use LSD and to consume RC seeds which are all illegal activities when it comes to the laws.  

IP Logged

Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

« Reply #68 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 9:21pm »

Why dont you answer the question, Chris?

Why?
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #69 on: Feb 18th, 2008, 9:37pm »

That's some heavy reading. I'm all stressed now.
oops wrong thread.
 Cheesy
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #70 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 3:42am »

on Feb 18th, 2008, 4:39pm, Annette wrote:

Why dont you ask MJ or Gator ?  They both know and also ask them what they thought about the thread themselves.  

Why don't you just leave me out of this.  I've made a special point of staying out of crap like this and I don't appreciate you dropping my name to bolster your credibility.

Since you have dropped me in it, though, the thread to which you keep alluding, but never post a link to was this one:

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1195576685

You sent me a PM describing your concern with someone recommending LSD to a person who does not have clusters.

My reply was:  

Quote:
I understand your concerns and I don't necessarily disagree.  The thing is, he posted that after the suggestion to try the shrooms or LSD.  The suggestion was made in good faith based on what even he himself believed.  I really doubt the hallucinogens are any more dangerous than any prescription medication he would have been taking right up until his diagnosis changed had he been going the standard treatment route.

I also sent you the following in response to a PM prior to this one:

Quote:
Billyjoe has been here since May.  With 122 posts, very few of which I recall seeing in the daily bs sections of the website,  I would hardly call him a newbie.  I went through a few of Billyjoe's more recent posts and it seems he has been doing seeds for several months now and has asked about and even considered other hallucinogens.  Given the above and since he is already committed to using illegal substances to treat his CH, I see nothing wrong with either Patti's or Nani's posts.

I have made my position on hallucinogens quite clear on numerous occasions, but I'll say it once more.  While I do not use them, I support those who do.  If it is true that a deformed hypothalamus is the epicenter of our suffering, it is very unlikely there will ever be a cure, meaning the best we can hope for is to treat and control.  The hallucinogenics provide one of the most promising methods of controlling this nightmare to date and I applaud those who put their bodies, their reputations and their freedom at risk to continue the experimentation.  I hope that one day the idiots who are denying the chance to even try to prove or disprove the effectiveness of this treatment will pull their heads out of their asses and see the suffering they are causing.

As to the posting of copyrighted materials,

http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf

This is a copyrighted work as is plainly noted on the first page of the file.  Anyone want me to delete it from my website and deny sufferers access to one of the most read and recommended documents on this message board?   I think it's safe to say most would not.  The one time it was unavailable (when was in the process of changing websites) people freaked out because they couldn't find it.

Let he (or she) who is without sin cast the first stone.

IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #71 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 5:07am »

on Feb 19th, 2008, 3:42am, Gator wrote:

Let he (or she) who is without sin cast the first stone.

Thank goodness that line isn't copyrighted.....    
 Wink
IP Logged

seasonal boomer
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #72 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 10:34am »

bravo Mike
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #73 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 12:28pm »

Ditto to what E-dub said.

You're a good man Mike.
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #74 on: Feb 19th, 2008, 2:18pm »

Gator....aid.
Rock on Mike
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss