Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:31pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Could it be??? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Cluster Headache Specific
(Moderator: DJ)
   Could it be???
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Could it be???  (Read 641 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

Could it be???
« on: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

that something positive is happening over here.  48 hours with only shadows, sometimes on the heavy side but nothing to complain about.  I'm not so lucky to think that this is ending or the medication is finally working, am I?  Maybe the beast is just giving me a break but at 3 months of hell , this is something I have not seen.  keeping my fingers crossed withg a baby due in 26 days.   Have spent about 10 minutes on the 02 in this time to chase away the shadows.  I think the big green tank is getting lonely.
IP Logged
monty
New Board Veteran
USA 

Re: Could it be???
« Reply #1 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:13pm »

on Mar 25th, 2008, 12:09pm, kevmd wrote:
 I think the big green tank is getting lonely.

Maybe the Maytag man will come and keep it company. Sometimes loneliness is a good thing!!
IP Logged

The outer boundary of what we currently believe is feasible is far short of what we actually must do.
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:22pm »

May your big green tank begin to gather thick layers of dust from lack of use  Wink

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 12:36pm »

PF wishes comin your way.....................stay on the "positive note".........remember that every thought has a frequency...................... .............and what a beautiful  event to look forward to, a baby!!!! keep us posted on the arrival of the "prince" or "princess" !
deb hug
IP Logged
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 2:25pm »

I hope the valve rusts shut from lack of use! Congrats on the pain free time. Pics of the new arrival are not optional, it's a requirement!  WinkWishing you all the best!

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #5 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 3:57pm »

certainly will TRY to post a pic.  Not educated on how to do that but when the time comes I'll be glad to show off the new one.  I am now finally looking forward to it.  Its only 2 plus days (last one about noon on sunday) but I feel liberated.  When my son gets home from daycare, we're gonna go out for a ride on his big wheel just because I can
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2008, 9:42pm »

Pain free rocks!
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 12:11pm »

Sounds to me like the seeds are working after all.
IP Logged

MJ
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 9:01pm »

SEEDS EAT THE BEAST!!!  Cool .coach bill
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #9 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 9:09pm »

Yo guys....I was starting to think the same thing.  Here is the deal....if you have noticed, i can be impatient with trying different things.  I may not always giive it a fair shake.   Today is a bit dicey up in the head but not too bad.  1 week after my last dose is when I started seeing improvement.  However, in that time frame, i had restarted verapamil and imitex because I thought the seends weren;t going to get it done.  So I am not sure.  Being that today has not been as good as the last 2 days, leads me to think it may be the seeds and not verapamil..  Do you still think its the seeds?  Should I redose.  Of course that would bmean another round of detox.  But what do you think?  I am so frigin confused.  I am about to add lithium again but I am rethinking that now
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 9:35pm »

Kev- how long does your cycle normally last?

I read info from several of your threads.
What you have described in pain relief is the way it goes for many. 5-7 days to results. The first 2 - 4 days following a dose the hits may ramp up in ferocity and frequency then they either just stop or slowly taper away.  
If you fall into this type then a second dose may or may not be needed.

If the attacks are like normal (somewhat predictable)then yes a 2nd dose. Only if it were me I would probably keep that dose of RC seeds down to around 15 or so seeds. Maybe give it another day or so before lithium.

I am actually a bit surprised they worked at all with the other meds. But I'm sure as many here know the other meds dont generally work the way you described the past week.

Patience is a good thing and only you know your self.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2008, 9:36pm by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #11 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 9:50pm »

Mj....cycles usually last about 2 months.  I had 1 hit in November, started Lithium and started getting it again in early january.  So I am either pushing 3 months now or longer if you count that 1 hit in november.  

I did dose a total of 4 times.  After the 4th time, things got really out of control.   I was getting hit 6 times over 12 hour periods before I had to start imitrex again.  OUt of desperation, i started verap again. And within about 4 days, I has some extended pain free time.  However, I feel like things are about to ramp back up again.  So I guess I'll see how tonight and tomorrow morning goes before I make a decision about redosing or adding lithium

Dam strange shadow all friggin day like my blood vessels just ran a marathon.  Thanks for your help.  I guess i wouldn't be in this predicament if I was able to figure out  
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #12 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 10:08pm »

Good luck Kev however you do it. Relief is what its all about.

I do know that for me when I medicated way long ago, any time I switched up the meds hoping something would help things allways changed for the worse..  

Unfortunately I never did find help with RX drugs.

Lithium I never tried. So I cant comment on that drugs CH ways. Maybe Guiseppi or Jonny can help describe the normals with it.

Hopefully your cycle may just be ending. Keeping my fingers crossed for you.

IP Logged

MJ
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Mar 26th, 2008, 10:18pm »

Just to add;  
Though verapamil never helped me either, just made things worse, those it does help generally say it takes a week or so to get into the system before it does them good.
IP Logged

MJ
superhawk2300
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #14 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 6:33am »

Verapamil works wonders for me, for the headaches that it. It also makes me tired and achey. For me I can confirm it takes a good TWO weeks to kick in, and that is not missing a single dose as the half-life of verapamil is very short. If I miss a dose I have to start all over.

Also there is a wide range of doses that seem to work. I've seen posts where people are taking 4 digits in mgs of verap. I take 240 or 480mg. Visit with your Dr. to discuss ramping up the dose on a progressive scale. Once you find the does that works for you, your future cycles might not seem the confusing Death and Destruction they now are.

Just an idea.

PF for you!
IP Logged
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #15 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 8:55am »

WHEN I HIT THE LOTTERY, MOST OF IT IS GOING TO CLUSTER HEADACHE RESEARCH.   THIS IS FRIGGIN RIDICULOUS WHAT WE HAVE TO GO THROUGH
IP Logged
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 1:03pm »

My head still hurts.  Stop shouting  Grin

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Mar 27th, 2008, 1:59pm »

sorry Dennis.  Had the cap locks on ya know!  You  can keep me quiet but my wife never shuts up. Can you get her to be quiet too?
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss