Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 1st, 2024, 11:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Questions for protesters.... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jan-Mar 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Questions for protesters....
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Questions for protesters....  (Read 1031 times)
don

Email

Questions for protesters....
« on: Mar 29th, 2003, 11:22am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

1. Where were you prior to the conflict. I saw no mass rallys for the human rights of the Iraqi people?

2. Ever spent any time in a third world country contrlloed by a brutal dictator?

3. Know any Kurdish people who watched their children die from mustard gas?

4. When was the last time you partook in our political selection process? Have you ever?

5. Does torture and terror not bother you as long as it is in a far away land?

So tell me, where were you on these issues prior to letting our political machine makes the pro active deciisions for you?
« Last Edit: Mar 29th, 2003, 11:24am by don » IP Logged
2late
New Board Hall of Famer

Ride Free..Pain Free

Email

Re: Questions for protesters....
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 1:52pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

excellent post don, i'm pretty sure the protesters won't reply cause they don't have a good answer for ya.                                   .........Jack
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 1:54pm »

Excellent post, Mr. President...so glad you are back on the mb...our soldiers need all the support they can get...God bless, nancyc
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 2:07pm »

Good questions, Tricky Don Nixon.....LOL

.....................G. Gordon Jonny Cheesy
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 2:27pm »

Don,

See post Where Were You

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 3:14pm »

HUH?
IP Logged
don

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 5:13pm »

I just came back from the Boston Common Protest rally.
I was asked by a Boston Globe reporter what I thought af all this. I told him it looked like a sound bite for the MFGs of Prozac. I pointed out a sign to him that stated
 "American troops attack your commanding officers"

Strange, a Peace Activist advocating violence.
A largley misguided group to say the least.
IP Logged
Cerberus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Whomever said that two heads are better than one?

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 5:40pm »

I have one to add....

7. How many people are required to be gassed before someone other than the United States decides its ok to use decisive action?

Ramon
IP Logged

I would rather face the end with terror than terror without end. - (Deitrich Sawatsky 194?)
don

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 6:09pm »

Apparantly quite a few for France
IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 29th, 2003, 10:28pm »

to quote Dennis Miller probably badly he said something like  "Hey you protesters, You are INFIDELS too and Sudam wants you dead too He hates all Americans remember"  so true protest your head off, won't change a thing................. love you all Ree
IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

135447360 135447360   mondocharlie   mondocharlie
Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 12:00am »

1. Touche! However I think that once war begins, protests may be harmful in some fashion. It brings out crazies from the other side as well

2. Never been overseas

3. No

4. Every time there is something to vote for. Even small elections

5. It always bothers me, but you're having fun being selective. It took threatening an invasion to bring this out to the right-wingers in and around in the White House. If you think they lose sleep over even worse despots, you are delusional. It's politically expedient now. Iraq is the tip of the iceberg and not the worst.  

This idea of invading Iraq is 12 years old. The first Bush set it aside Paul Wolfowitz's little war, as did Clinton. I’m not a necessarily a peacenik, but I have little faith in anything that comes from this bunch in the administration.  If it’s up, they say it’s down. Getting Saddam is a good idea and war might be the answer, but it’s supposed to be the last resort. I’m not sure it was.  It would have been nice to at least pretend to get the UN on our side. This never-ending bashing by Republican Presidents, is why it's ineffective. If George wouldn't grind his teeth, snarl, and come up with stupid stuff like "evil doers," it would help.  Being backed by 45 countries...such as The Marshall Islands, isn't the same thing.

Still, I’ll be as happy as the next person if it turns out the whole world was wrong and George Bush was right.  

Charlie

IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
don

Email

« Reply #11 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 12:32am »

Actually Charlie I think this war is wrong and Bush is a hotdog cowboy shooting from the hip. I believe we could have taken Saddam out quietly and covertly but that doesnt make good history. Better to go in blazing.

Point is the line was crossed and all the No War radical expressions are now academic. It's time to support the efforts of our military ansd not take an armchair hindsight position and carry signs denouncing the whole damn thing when most of the sign carriers know little of the facts that put us there in the first place. Their frustrations and anger iare misdirected now.
IP Logged
Mikey
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Rock till ya Drop and DON'T mess with the FAM!!!!!

MGuitarM
WWW Email

« Reply #12 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 1:27am »

Tell it like it is Don, good going guy!

And Jonny, thats a really good post, i don't understand it either.

Mikey,  Grin
IP Logged

I love to ROCK very HARD!!!

CHRONIC and going crazy!! Want to come too?

Hope for PFDAN, peace and safety to you all!!
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #13 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 5:51am »

I pretty much agree.  Now that it's begun, confining your rants to the op-ed page is safer and more effective. Most of those who would beat you to death, call you a traitor, and pass out one way tickets to Iraq, have little experience with reading. Lots of soccer fans out there.  Roll Eyes

Funny post Jonny.  Cool

Like the hippy van too, Ree. Good ones kids

Charlie
IP Logged

There is nothing more satisfying than being shot at without result---Winston Churchill
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #14 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 9:27am »

Good questions, don. My answers:  

1. Before the first war with Iraq, I was making small donations to Amnesty International, which has protested Saddam’s human rights violations when most folks in the US had never even heard of Iraq.  Except for some regarding Cuba (by the right), and some involving the “School of the Americas,” (by the left)  and some back before the end of South African apartheid, I heard of no large rallys of any kind in the US protesting human rights violations by anyone, anywhere.  

2.  Which one? There are so many to choose from...some of them backed by the US ... Okay. I’m being disingenuous...Never been to such a country. Never been to Texas, either, which has been cited by AI for human rights abuses (executing minors and the mentally retarded.)

3.  Do you? Does anyone have evidence of this?  It’s gotta be better evidence than “Rumsfeld said so.”  The “gassed his own people” thing wan’t beyond Saddam, but a report by our own military concluded that the incident referred to was a battle between Iran and Irag, and the gas (not mustard gas, by the way, but a nerve agent) was used as a battlefield weapon, but used too close to a nearby town.  The report said it wasn’t clear which side used the gas, perhaps it was both.

I have heard of other incidents where gas was used on the Kurds (Saddam considers Kurds to be the "enemy," and not "his own people...  but it's still genocide.)  Let’s say they are correct. Then I will raise this question: Know any Afghanis, Kurds, Iraqi Shiites, Iraqi Sunnis, who have watched thier children die from radiation poison, cancer, leukemia, congenital defects, caused by depleted uranium weapons?  We use indiscriminate weapons as well.

4. Every chance I got since I turned 18. Also, I have attend state legislative sessions, legislative hearings, and meetings of county and local governments everywhere I have lived.  

5. No (meaning it does bother me).  But the human psyche is not designed to internalize every piece of tragic news anywhere in the world.  That way lies madness.  Are we attacking every country in the world where this goes on? Are we even withholding support from every country where this goes on?

6. I was bitching about how the political machine is making our decisions for us based on the desires not of the voters but of large corporations and Washington insiders.  I publicly opposed the fiirst Iraq war, before and after it started. I publicly opposed the second (current) Iraq war before and aftrer it started.  I will continue to do so.

Speaking only for myself,  

-tommyD  
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
rumplestiltskin

Email

« Reply #15 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 9:36am »

These are really smoke screen questions containing circular logic and false suppositions created by the empire to enflame not the protesters but the war supporters who are ignorant of history and the present global picture circa 1968 replacing "communism" with "terrorism" while they don't say who supported the "regime" and supplied it with those weapons to begin with....it creates a new avenue and a new group of people to focus hate on.

Time will expose...
Those who value life and those who are only caught up in a fad.... Those who are against abortion even when the child is 18 and those who allow a govornment to dictate to their conscience which murders are righteous.... Those whose cardboard "no war" banners were replaced by their spiritual and monetary support of organizations for peace and justice and those who went home turned off their caller ID and hoisted the jolly roger flag of self contentment over their well fenced little homestead.

The body count has never stopped on this planet. Those who continue to walk the streets proposing that we love our enemies have changed the world one person at a time. If you are one of those you know what I mean.

If your believe system be it patriotic or religious based makes you want to hate, hit, hurt or kill people....you are a minion of the dark side....does my saying this enflame you?

I'll answer yer questions and the "where were you" post like this: Give unto Ceasar that which is Ceasars, and to God's that which is His.

Protesters of war that are violent? That's like killing for peace. Hate breeds hate. Welcome to the fallen planet.
But no matter how many times the 5 o'clock news tries to draw yer attention and hate to the protesters...the big story of old rich guys sending children to kill children will take the headlines....hopefully eroding the sand of righteousness ,under the feet of those who watch, to the point where they say "enough is enough"....and....they may not suit up in tie-dyes, tear up an old box and scrawl a peace sign on it...but their heart has been changed....one at a time...there's the true victory.

Stop the war
den
IP Logged
don

Email

[b][/b]Re: Questions for protesters....
« Reply #16 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 9:46am »

What ever you say Den.

What DID you say Den ?
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #17 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:00am »

Den.........you said  
"If your believe system be it patriotic or religious based makes you want to hate, hit, hurt or kill people....you are a minion of the dark side....does my saying this enflame you?"
First, no that does not enflame me.
Second, The USA was founded on religious freedom. Mostly for Christian freedom or from Christian freedom.
The countries of the middle east were/are founded on Muslim religion. Religion in the USA teaches tolerance for others beliefs. Muslims religion teaches hatred and intolerance of ALL the do not believe in the Muslim holy book.  
Now, who is the minion of the dark side?
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #18 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 11:35am »

BobG -  

Quote:
Muslims religion teaches hatred and intolerance of ALL the do not believe in the Muslim holy book.  

Mainstream Islam does no such thing. Extreme fundamentalist Islam does. And some extreme Christian fundmentalists in the US teach hatered and intolerance of other religions.

Funny thing, but Saddam's is one of the few secular regimes in the region. The Islamic fundies hate him, and would have warred against him if we hadn't done it for them. Now, Osama has called for renewed jihad against us for attacking "the people of Iraq" while simultaneously calling on his follers to topple Saddam, first opportunity.

But wait... Wasn't it Osama's fundies that attacked us on 9-11?

IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #19 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 11:40am »

The only problem is that in the middle east there is no "mainstream Islam" It is ALL extreme or die.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Charlie
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Happy to be here

Email

« Reply #20 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 12:12am »

Quote:
Muslims religion teaches hatred and intolerance of ALL the do not believe in the Muslim holy book.  
Now, who is the minion of the dark side?

This isn't true. It's similar to the "Christian" militia types who hunker down in Montana surrouded by other "Christians," who spend every waking moment looking for new people to hate. Every society has them.  

Scary Muslim extremists make better copy.  

Charlie
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2003, 12:13am by Charlie » IP Logged

Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss