Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:47am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « topics...hmmmmm »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jan-Mar 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   topics...hmmmmm
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: topics...hmmmmm  (Read 586 times)
Not4Hire
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

...WAS PF since Oct.'02, but ...oh my...(CBusters)

Email

topics...hmmmmm
« on: Mar 30th, 2003, 6:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

General Posts
This is where you will post your normal everyday messages...
Moderator: DJ  
86 unique top-ten pages selected from at least 13,522,232 matching results
  Quote:
Welcome to Politics.com : News
Politics.com is a leading non-partisan portal for political resources, news, and information on party politics, campaigns and government.
http://www.politics.com

...maybe it's just *me*, but I sure am gettin' tired of weeding through all these posts about JackO ...and IraqO ...and Axis of EvilO.....and BeerO.... ad nauseumO

to find some supportO ...and infO ....and hoping that the puposeO... of this boardO.... is not lostO......

O...nevermind......

(take yer politics and..........solve world peace where it will do some good......ok?)......thankyewberrymudge....

Not4 has left the building.....
IP Logged

Mantra: This will NOT kill me...This will not KILL me... This will not kill ME...
don

Email

Re: topics...hmmmmm
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Shut up Not4

Haven't had much of that around here lately either.  Grin
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 6:17pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I guess I could do with out all that crap seeing that I dont even vote, I guess ill do as I was told and STFU.....NOT!!!!! (Swallow me!!!)

Good post, Not4!!!!!

..................................jonny
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2003, 6:18pm by jonny » IP Logged
fubar
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 8:23pm »

It does make one wonder...

One of the things I like about the mix of topics is it keeps it interesting while waiting for someone to post in need of support or with other interesting CH news.  This is actually important because those who post in need of support need to get it right away, right?  Let's face it, there isn't enough volume of 100%-CH posts to keep everybody checking back on a regular basis, at the ready to provide much needed support to people.

So, there is probably a good balance that is appropriate.  But, we are at war.  War is extremely topical, and can bring out strong views on either side.  I sincerely hope people don't take those debates so seriously they feel unable to give/recieve CH support here.  If that is the case, something should be done.

I personally don't think anything needs to be changed, but I've reletively a newcomer.  Maybe DJ has different views on the matter.  It's his board afterall.

-Fu
IP Logged

"He who has a why to live for can bear almost any how." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
brain_cramps
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 9:19pm »

on Mar 30th, 2003, 8:23pm, fubar wrote:
I personally don't think anything needs to be changed, but I've reletively a newcomer.  Maybe DJ has different views on the matter.  It's his board afterall.

I agree.

DJ?

IP Logged
Ree
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

2008's my year to shine~SUN IS OUT!!!YAY

64720087 64720087   Reespirit   Ree16Angel
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:15pm »

For the past 2 years I have been supporting a group of people in the most horrendous pain imaginable... Now I am in the most horrendous stressful pain imaginable and if you dont like it tough... if I need a little support tough...  

I guess you dont have kids...  Like we say Den & Me cuz I think he stole the quote from me... lol   "Take what YOU need and leave the rest"... Dont read posts that dont pertain to your business...  Ree
a very sensitive mother of a really brave kid that asks for nothing more but your prayers...
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:23pm by Ree » IP Logged

Proud Mom to US ARMY Kiowa OH58 PILOT~CWO2 SCOTT Hawaii, & USMC Vet~Now POLICE OFFICER SEAN, Citizen of the Month~ Breezy~ Nana 4 Matt/Mike&Aya, MIL To Shino Wife to Dave HI BILL!http://www.myspace.com/dungareespockethttp://www.prohawaiian.com
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:16pm »

I think this MB is very entertaining....with good topics.....interesting facts.....lots of good info and friends......"lots' of help to everyone in need....plus I like the crazy twists.....figured it cheers people up too. Not sure I have the most valueable opinion....but it's mine.....sumtimes ya feel like a nut, sumtimes ya don't Pam.......
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

kissmyglass
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Don't Mix Triptans

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 10:47pm »

As usual Fubar summed it up  perfectly....Hope Dj agrees.

Ree... Prayers & good vibes go out to you , Sean & your family daily from CT. Hope he gets home safe & soon. When he returns home, give him a salute & big thank you from me & my grateful family.

Kev C
IP Logged

"It does so fucking look like her" - Picasso
[img][/img]
loretta
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

laurie9561   kj9561
Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 30th, 2003, 11:01pm »

Well said Cootie!! I agree

Laurie
IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 8:58am »

Ree,

You have all the support in the world here, and that is exactly what we are here for.  

To everyone, yes we are talking a great deal about the current world situation.  We have many many people here who are DIRECTLY affected by this war.  Why is it any different for us to discuss ad nauseum what is going on with a war, as opposed to a marital break up? or a lost job?  or a health crisis of another kind?  We support our own.  Through ALL events in their life.  If you don't like the political rhetoric, then do as Ree suggests.  You are not forced to read or reply to the political threads.  

If you need information or help with CH, post it, and if you notice, every post regarding CH with the exception of one, (sorry Laurie) has had a reply.  

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 9:26am »

You will never hear me demand that people stop talking about any topic on a message board, no matter how off topic, irrelevant, obnoxious, etc.  

But Not4 certainly has a valid concern. We shouldn't  lose sight of our priorities here.

So when I started jumping into some of the war debates, I set a rule for myself. I may only post a non-CH message if I match it with a message that is useful and relevant to CH.

If I have failed to respond to replies to my posts, it is probably because I am "over budget" on the non-CH posts.  

And now I have posted this non-CH message, I have to shut myself up until I do a CH-relevant post.

(shutting the fuck up for the moment)

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss