Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 2nd, 2024, 9:29am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « 0-2 masks and tank.. PLEASE READ »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Jan-Mar 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   0-2 masks and tank.. PLEASE READ
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: 0-2 masks and tank.. PLEASE READ  (Read 449 times)
achinghead
New Board Junior

gone fishin!

cm10lber  
Email

0-2 masks and tank.. PLEASE READ
« on: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

just to let ya know.. I called all the medical supply places in 2 counties.. NONE had a non rebreather mask. I called my local fire dept and talked to a paramedic. He said hed be glad to GIVE me a couple.. so you ppl that are having a hard time finding one.. this may be a route to try. Im hoping theyre the same as ppl are using in here.If not.. please tell me.  Im new too.. dont even have a tank yet.. (see Das post) As far as the tanks are concerned.. I forgot to put in Das post.. I called the local welding supply places here too.. their reply was.. they will NOT sell me one unless I have a certified welders lisc.. IS THAT A CROCK OR WHAT!
IP Logged
jonny

Email

Re: 0-2 masks and tank.. PLEASE READ
« Reply #1 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 4:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Tell me that you did not tell welding suppy place that you were going to breath the 02?

They will not sell you anything if they know that cause of insurance reasons, it is a crock you dont need to be certified to buy a tank.

If anyone needs a mask I can get them, I buy so many for people here I get them for $2.

.................................jonny
IP Logged
achinghead
New Board Junior

gone fishin!

cm10lber  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 5:07pm »

Jonny, No I didnt tell them it was for breathing.. but the one guy in particular was a genuine *(*)^&^.  Then I called 2 more places and they told me the same thing.. so I gave up.. Having a really bad cylce here so Im gonna pay the money for 0-2. Im taking it that the masks are the same from the fire dept. Tell me if Im incorrect.
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 5:21pm »

Im sure the fire dept. knows what a non-rebreather is, if not just e-mail me and ill get one in the mail for you.

....................................jonny
IP Logged
Sean_C

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 6:59pm »

jonny,

What kind of pressure regulator should you use for that?
I would like to hook up a unit down the shop for those ones that crash you during the day!

Stay cool,

Sean
IP Logged
jonny

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 7:06pm »

You need a medical 02 regulator that goes up to 15 LPM, you can get one on E-Bay pretty cheap.

Once you have that all you have to do is go to a gas house and tell them you want a 1/4" NPT stem for a 02 welding tank, you also need a CGA-540 nut. When you have those you just need to unscrew the medical connector on the reg and screw on the new stem (Make sure you wrap the threads with teflon tape) and your good to go. Smiley))

NPT = National pipe thread

This is how to convert a medical reg to fit a welding 02 tank.

Welding tanks are filled from the same main tank that medical 02 tanks are filled from.

......................................jonny
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2003, 7:08pm by jonny » IP Logged
catlind
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Taz taught me the cluster dance

kadiya68   kadiya68
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 7:56pm »

AH,
Not sure, but I think you are in Canada? In Ontario you cannot buy, rent or lease a welding O2 tank without a welding ticket.  You can get around that by finding someone you know who is a welder and having them sign for the tank.  It's a tightly controlled pain in the ass there, but you can get around it if you can find someone with a ticket.  

Cat
IP Logged

A true friend is someone who reaches for your hand and touches your heart

If yer gonna be stupid, ya gotta be tough
achinghead
New Board Junior

gone fishin!

cm10lber  
Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 8:24pm »

no cat.. actually im in the great commonwealth of Virginia where you have to have a permit to fart in public
IP Logged
Frank

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 9:16pm »

Can you get your doctor to put in an insurance request for O2? That's what I did this cycle. I saw my doctor for CHs... the next day the O2 delivery guy showed up at my house with four "E" tanks, 8 lpm regulator (I replaced with a 15 lpm one), and a cannula (which I threw away). It's covered 100%... no-copay. I've gone through about 30 tanks so far this cycle.

Or you can get your doctor to write a script for medical O2. But thats like $60/mo to rent a tank and reg plus $20 per tank refill.

Or keep working on a way to get welding O2.
IP Logged
Tony_M
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 9:57pm »

I ship tropical fish all over the world and use oxygen in the bags. The welding supply never asked to see my welding license. Tell them it is for shipping fish.

But I get my oxygen for the headaches through the doctor. One question though, my regulator only goes to 8 LPM, should I ask for a higher one? I did and they were trying to locate one.
IP Logged
Frank

Email

« Reply #10 on: Mar 31st, 2003, 10:02pm »

If your doctor doesn't find a 15 lpm regulator, I got a nearly new one on Ebay for $47.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss