Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Starting Kudzu again... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Starting Kudzu again...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Starting Kudzu again...  (Read 4387 times)
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Starting Kudzu again...
« Reply #25 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 7:49am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

That's what I would do.  Smiley
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #26 on: Dec 9th, 2005, 8:34pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Thanks Nani ya sweetheart. Kiss

Well, took 2 kudzu at 7:15pm.   I'm gonna take 2 more before I go to sleep.

*crossing fingers for a good night*

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #27 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 9:37am »

12/10/05- 12:58am to 1:50am (kip2-3).  Well, last night went better, still got hit with the usual residual headache afterwards (still there, but that's OK).  Found out that the melatonin was making things worse for me, not better.  I took 2 kudzu before bedtime at 10:00pm last night in addition to the 2 at 7:15pm.  Felt out of it when I awoke with an attack, but am cool with that because the less I remember the better off I am the next day, lol.

Am now going to stick with my regiment of kudzu and tea and that's it.  I'll take the damn Excedrin Migraine for daily shadows (trying not to overdo it).

I'll update sometime later in the next week as to how I'm doing, sooner if anything changes.
IP Logged
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #28 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 11:13pm »

With zudzu are you suppose to come off all meds? I am getting desperate here....My meds have stopped working...in the past 2 1/2 years, i have had short periods where i was getting some hits but nothing like this...seems like my present meds are totally useless except for my back problems..THe only thing that helps is the imitrex shots but no preventatives....Maybe I need to try the kudzu...ALso, if you get drug tested, what does kudzu show up as?  smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #29 on: Dec 10th, 2005, 11:58pm »

Nancy, the beta testing leads us to think that kudzu may interfere with the efficacy of Imitrex if taken up to 2 hours before. It doesn't appear to be "dangerous" though. I don't know what other meds you're taking, so I can't comment on those.  
If kudzu works for you, it will be as a prevent. It works really well for some people, takes a while for others and doesn't make any difference with a few. If it works, the Imitrex will not likely get used much, if at all.  
Be well. hugs, nani

edited to add: kudzu is an herbal supplement, so it shouldn't show up as anything in a drug test.
« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2005, 12:00am by nani » IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #30 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 8:55am »

12/11/05- 12:48am to 1:55am.  Kip 2-3.  Had taken 2 kudzu at 7pm and 2 kudzu and 1 xanax before bed the night before (I think I freaking overdid it Angry).  This morning I feel like absolute SHIT.  It feels like someone put my head between a wall and a door and just slammed it over and over again.  So, this morning for my daily pill regiment, I am going back to 1 kudzu at 7am and 1 at 7pm and no xanax before bed.  The xanax didn't help worth a crap for sleeping.  Still got slammed last night.  BUT, I take 1 .5mg pill each morning to help with my anxiety from losing sleep and it helps the shadowing immensely.  For the rest of the day if they get worse, I just hit the tea (or coffee) and excedrin migraine to take care of them.  I am now just accepting that no matter what I do, I'm gonna get hit at night.  I'd reach for my trex to kill it, but I'm trying this cycle med free because I am on enough stuff as it is right now.  Oh, and P.S. I went to bed at 8pm and woke at 7pm with that one hit inbetween, so I guess you can say I can sleep longer, but end up feeling more like shit in the morning.  Go figure.  I don't know why in the hell I keep messing with things that work to begin with.... I think it's because I want the attacks completely WIPED OUT.  Guess I'm looking for that fountain of youth, pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, etc. etc.  Well, I'm going to stop that.  If I get hit, I get hit.  I wanted a better quality of life during this cycle, but it looks like I'm making it worse, so I'm going back to what I began with, and that includes getting less sleep.  Hey, at least I can laugh in the morning. Undecided

NANCY- The Kudzu may not take them completely away, just want you to know that.  It might lessen the frequency and severity though.  No matter what you try, just stick with the original and don't mess with things if you're unsatisfied right off the bat that it ain't working immediately.  That's one thing with us CH'ers, we want it NOW, but that's because the pain is so fucking excruciating. Sad  Hang tough sis and let us know what you decide to do.

« Last Edit: Dec 11th, 2005, 8:57am by Melissa » IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #31 on: Dec 11th, 2005, 9:10am »

hug

Tough as nails lady!

Be well and hope you have a quick ride
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #32 on: Dec 12th, 2005, 7:56am »

OK, after going back to my original regiment of 1 kudzu at 7am and 1 at 7pm, and xanax as needed for anxiety (and not shadows), I am happy to say that I went to bed at 11pm last night, woke up at 4:00am with a kip3 that lasted approx. 25min.  Then went back to sleep and was woke with a shadow at 6am, did some visualization (a new thing for me with a subject i like) and it left in about 5min.

No heavy shadows so far, just a tiny one in the back of my head, but I could be stressing my eyes from being on the puter so damn much too. Undecided

Bah, don't matter.  I feel so much better today and I do believe the kudzu is really working for me. Smiley
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #33 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 8:15am »

WTF???  That mother fucker is just messing with me. Angry  Awoke at 1:43pm last night with a kip 7 or 8, had all the things I hate, moaning, crying, stand up, sit down, lean forward, move back, hit head repeatedly, etc. etc.  I felt like I should be in a washing machine. Angry Angry  Rode the fucker out and in the midst of my slam dancing decided I'm going to try the RC seeds.  I'm not going to suffer anymore.  I don't deserve this!  None of us do!!!  What really sucked was that after the attack was gone at 2:55, I was shadowing bad.  But I was so exhausted I went back to sleep, and woke again at 4:55 with another fucking attack.  It wasn't as bad as the previous, only a kip 3, but being so pissed off, anxious and out of it, I went ahead and downed 2 xanax and sat in the sofa to rock it out.  Sometimes I had to hold my head still tilted up with my mouth hanging wide open because the pain seemed to paralyze my jaw. Huh  Anyway, within 15 minutes I could feel the xanax kicking in and my CH started to go away.  Wasn't too much longer (I'd say about 5 min.) and it was gone completely.

I'm tired.
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #34 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 7:12pm »

Well, since my other thread got hijacked ( Roll Eyes), I'll just continue on here.  I have decided to try the RC seeds and have now joined the CB site.  Due to my cycle ramping up like nuts, I've decided I'm just going to kill the cycle all together.  No more of this riding out B.S., or waiting to see if something will kick in.  My cycle is too short to wait for things to kick in, and because I still have enough time left to see if I will have success with the RC's, it'll still be important to do it anyway as reference for others.

Now, I'm not looking forward to tonight, but I AM looking foward to when my seeds get here and I can dose.  I'm not scared, but only hopeful.  

If it is brutal again tonight, I will take some xanax tho.  I refuse to just ride anymore out.  

I will update daily from here on out.  At least they'll be a before, during and after here.

p.s. I want to enjoy Christmas dammit!!!!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #35 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 7:34pm »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 7:12pm, Melissa wrote:
 Due to my cycle ramping up like nuts, I've decided I'm just going to kill the cycle all together.  

You GO, Melly! Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll have as much success as many of us have had.  
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Melissa

Email

« Reply #36 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 8:10pm »

THANK YOU NANI!!!
 Grin
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #37 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 11:28pm »

I was sooooo tired I kept falling asleep sitting up, and finally at 8pm I couldn't take it anymore so I laid down in bed.  I fell asleep so fast I didn't know what hit me... until 9:23pm.  OMG the pain, the fucking pain, just thinking about it makes me wince.  I took 2 xanax with some water right away and hoped it wouldn't be a bad one, but within a few minutes I knew I was going to get my ass kicked.  It peaked at a kip 8 and that lasted until 10:15pm, where then it quietly tiptoed away...the bastard.  I have now put on a full pot of coffee as I am afraid to fall asleep again.  Dammit, I feel like I live on Elm St. or something. Sad

*sigh*, I wish I had my seeds like yesterday, but it looks like the soonest would be Friday or Saturday.  Then I guess I'll get slammed pretty good after dosing, but hopefully that doesn't happen with everyone (namely me!).  Please Spirit, help to make it stop...

Cry Cry

Edited to add that as I got out of the shower (because the water had turned cold), I started to cry and moan amidst the twinges of pain, my husband came into the bathroom and just put his arms around me and held me.  He said he loves me and then asked if he should stay.  I just kept telling him over and over again that I was sorry.... My heart just breaks for this man who has given me his world.  Anyway, I sent him back to bed so I could finish my dancing alone.  And now that I think about it, I've told people that this is my cross to bear.  I think that's total bullshit.
« Last Edit: Dec 14th, 2005, 11:37pm by Melissa » IP Logged
Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #38 on: Dec 14th, 2005, 11:59pm »

If only you'd had canned air and a proper masx, everything could've been different.

Maybe next cycle.
RJ
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005, 12:01am by Mr. Happy » IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
nancyc
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Friends don't let friends post drunk on mbs......

Email

« Reply #39 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:00am »

Mel, you are in my prayers, sis...hang in there..WE will make it thru this round...smiles,nancyc
IP Logged
jon019

Email

« Reply #40 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:09am »

Dear Melissa,

No hon, not yours to bear alone. Knothead here in Seattle who is thinking of you. Never met, talked or corresponded but think of you as family.  

What happens to you, happens to me and and the whole CH family. Wishing you strength and courage, you already got my prayers.

Jon
IP Logged
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #41 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:25am »

Ditto

MJ
IP Logged

MJ
zwibbs/Scott
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Stay Strong !!!

Email

« Reply #42 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 1:53am »

Hi Melissa---My prayers go out to every cluster sufferer. I'll special intention for you. The spirit will help. Just stay strong---I feel the same way with my wife. She doesn't need this added baggage, But they wouldn't have it any other way !
IP Logged

There's always light at the end of the Tunnel.
Melissa

Email

« Reply #43 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 3:55am »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 11:59pm, Mr. Happy wrote:
If only you'd had canned air and a proper masx, everything could've been different.

Maybe next cycle.
RJ

Yeah, could have, especially if I didn't have such shitty luck with it the past 2 cycles.  But I did talk to Cat on the phone, and will be purchasing a "masx" for next cycle.  But ya know, if everything works out on this new venture, I may not have to worry about it.

Nancy- Thank you sis, I can feel your caring through the miles.  Yes, you are right, WE will make it through. *hugs*

Jon- It feels very good to know that there are wonderful supporting people such as yourself, who don't know me from a hole in the ground, but will time out of your life to give encouraging and caring words.  Thank you so much.

MJ- That goes for you too!

Scott- that love is awesome.  Amazing, isn't it?  Thank you dear.

Everyone, this thread is my journal, and I do not mind anyone posting in it, but I may cry, complain,  bitch and more due to the experiences, but that's only going to be done on this thread.  I'm not going to complain anywhere else anymore.  At least here there'll be a log of my actions and feelings throughout the whole process of something that might be the end all of this suffering.  I do have a good feeling about it, now if I could only become an insomniac for the next week. Roll Eyes  lol

edited to add: I am happy to say that I have NOT started smoking again!!!  So I am VERY happy about that and will stay strong to resist going out to buy a pack in order to help cope this cycle.  *Deep Breath* Wink
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005, 4:30am by Melissa » IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #44 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 5:23am »

Mel, IAMSHAMAN always delivers my stuff within 2 days, and I'm in NM. Being so close, my bet is you'll get yours today. Hang in there, hun. hugs, nani
« Last Edit: Dec 15th, 2005, 6:40am by nani » IP Logged

Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #45 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 6:31am »

on Dec 14th, 2005, 11:28pm, Melissa wrote:
sigh*, I wish I had my seeds like yesterday, but it looks like the soonest would be Friday or Saturday.  Then I guess I'll get slammed pretty good after dosing, but hopefully that doesn't happen with everyone (namely me!).  Please Spirit, help to make it stop...

Hi Mel,
Getting slammed after dosing with LSA is not guaranteed. Hopefully you'll respond like I, just needed 1 dose and that was it, ended my cycle. I didn't experience any post hits except one silent one.

Wishing you great success!
Bob  
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #46 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 7:14am »

Posting this from another thread because I want everything to be in one spot...

Quote:

Flash wrote:
People with psychosis should not take hallucinogenic drugs beyond the threshold level.  But it might be OK to start with small doses of RC seeds and gradually increase these either until you find relief or start to feel a slight buzz.  But you must stop at the onset of a buzz.  Another option would be daily sip dosing which is sub hallucinogenic.  However attempt either of these and you must monitor your mental state very carefully, the slightest sign of any trouble (and I'm sure you know what those signs are) STOP!  

Hallucinogenics may help depression, but depression may also lead to a bad trip.  

Some antipsychotic drugs as reputed to bring people down off hallucinogenics, in which case they obviously block some of the actions.  Whether cymbalta is one on these drugs I do not know.  

Melissa wrote:
Flash, thank you. That was the answer I have been searching for.  My natural state of mental being is what I want, not something else.  I think I will get the seeds (after I figure out how I do that) and then test with small doses.  I am very intune with my mental capacity and follow my intuition very closely.  Any sign of trouble, and you bet I'll take action.  Thank goodness small doses of ANYthing work for me, so I know I won't go overboard.  I'll be doing more researching before I attempt and will keep everyone updated.  

And to everyone else who responded to this thread, I do appreciate your imput.  Thank you.  

Flash wrote:
Start with 7-8 of the RC seeds and increase in increments of of 7 or 8 seeds.  Please note the applies only to RC seeds and not HBW seeds!  You probably should not exceed 30 RC seeds.  

RC seeds should be ground and soaked for 24 hours in either water or alcohol.  

Dose once every 5-7 days.  

An alternative is sip dosing.  To sip dose:  

1) Grind 15 seeds and soak for 24 hours.  
2) First thing in the morning, shake the container, pour out 1/3rd of the mix, and consume in 1 gulp.  
3) Prepared another 15 seeds and leave them soaking till for the next day.  
4) 8 hours later... shake the container, pour out 1/3rd of the mix, and consume in 1 gulp.  
5) At bedtime... shake the container, pour out 1/3rd of the mix, and consume in 1 gulp.  

Repeat this every day for 1 week then take it from there depending on your success rate.  

The basic idea is to consume 5 seeds every 8 hours.  

This method sometimes works best after an initial dose of 20-30 seeds.  

Another alternative is to only sip dose at the onset of each attack, but consume no more that 15 seeds in any 1 day, with the exception of the larger weekly doses.  

I hope this information helps.  Post back if any part of it is unclear.  Be sure not to run out of seeds.  

IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #47 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 7:20am »

Nani- Oh man I hope so.  Especially since I gotta let them soak for 24hrs.  Kiss

Bob- Oh that gives me hope!  Do you think maybe that chronics get slammed after dosing more so than episodics?  I mean, I can get through it, would definately NOT look forward to it, but it would be like having the rising sun on my face to not have to deal with that.  btw, thank you!
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #48 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 5:08pm »

on Dec 15th, 2005, 7:20am, Melissa wrote:
Bob- Oh that gives me hope!  Do you think maybe that chronics get slammed after dosing more so than episodics?  I mean, I can get through it, would definately NOT look forward to it, but it would be like having the rising sun on my face to not have to deal with that.  btw, thank you!

Mel - I can't answer on the chronic vs. episodic, and post hits seem to be the norm, BUT there are exceptions and hopefully you'll be one not to experience post hits. I'm hoping for ya!  Wink

PF Wishes At Ya!
Bob
IP Logged
Melissa

Email

« Reply #49 on: Dec 15th, 2005, 8:46pm »

Holy fucking shit. Angry Angry Angry Angry  BAD fucking time.  I have been so fucking exhausted that I just wanted to take a little nap sitting up in the recliner tonight.  I fell asleep at 4:30 and then woke at 5:30 with a fucking kip 8!  Holy shit, in front of my Eli, my Lily, my husband Jesse, I had no control.  I screamed, I cried out for it to stop, and I screamed again and again.  I have not felt that much pain since 2000.  I tried 3 excedrin migraine and 2 xanax at the onset, but it didn't do SHIT.  I'm even wondering if it made things worse.  Anyway, the hit lasted until 6:40pm.  Please God, if you are listening, may my seeds be in the mail tomorrow, for tonight I am NOT going to sleep.  I can't, I just can't bring myself to do it. Cry Cry Cry Cry  I do have trex to take, but want to give the alternative a chance to work and kill the mother fucker before he takes anymore of my life or scares the shit outta my little boy again.  Oh my poor Eli, he did not understand what was happening.  Jesse tried his best to explain it to him, but how does a 2 year old understand??  Once in awhile he would come over by me and say, water, ice, coffee, water, ice, coffee.  That is what i had sitting on the table next to the recliner.  When I had to scream, he left and ran by his daddy.  After the major bout went by and I had a nasty residual ch left, I went to the shower and sat in there for awhile.  When I got out, I laid down on the bed in just a towel, and was so comfy I almost fell asleep.  Well, that fucking BASTARD is still there in my head, so I got up as fast as I could, got dressed and got more coffee that Jesse had brewed for me.  I haven't stayed up all night in years, this is going to be trying for me.  Fuck, this is crazy, and I'm going to do anything to stop it.  My family is behind me and I'm confident in the people I have put my trust into.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4  ...  7 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss