Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 6:39pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « It's  a miracle »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   It's  a miracle
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: It's  a miracle  (Read 1518 times)
Mikey99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Be  Blessed!

It's  a miracle
« on: Mar 29th, 2006, 10:43pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hello
I have suffered from severe headaches for over 20 years. My main type of headache is Cluster (although I get migraines too). When I was a teenager, I didn't take Meds because I felt they were useless. I suffered intensely every three months for 2 weeks (3-4 headaches a day) lasting 1-3 hours. Eventually I seeked out Medical help. The Doctor gave me meds that I can't even spell. The last treatment I used was Depakote and imitrex. The Depakote was to prevent the attack and the Imitrex was to abort. The Depakote gave me Insomia, however, the imitrex provided some relief. I could go on but just giving you a little history before trying a natural remedy.
I got tired of the side effects of the Meds so I researched the web to find a treatment. Since doctors always gave me an abortive and an anti inflammatory, I looked for two natural remedies and found 3.
Here is what I found. It works!!!
At the very onset of a headache, I would mix the following tea. Must be warm not hot.
Pour a cup of bottled water into a pan
add 1 ginger root tea bag (alvita makes a good one)
let the water get hot (not boiling hot)
add 2 teaspoons of honey  
mix the honey well with the tea and let it sit until warm (not luke warm)
remove the tea bag (make sure you drain out all the ginger you can)
add 8 drops of cell food by Lumina health (the vitamin shop sells this).
Done
This little mixture has been a God send for me. I repeat this 3X a day and it works.

Believe it or not,  it will abort as well as prevent!   God  is  good!  Thanks  to the prayers of my family and friends
IP Logged

In order to become wise, you must first become a fool.
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: It's  a miracle
« Reply #1 on: Mar 29th, 2006, 11:21pm »

Well Mikey, that sounds great, and I'm happy it works for you.

BUT.....if I tried to make that at the onset of a ch, I would get to putting the water in the pan before I was incapable of anything else but breathing my 02.

Glad you found a miracle.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Mikey99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Be  Blessed!

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 9:20am »

Yes,  There are times that you may not be able to have it warm  so you must prepare it in advance.   You can pour  the  finished  recipe  into  a water  bottle.  It  works  at  room temperatue  as well.   Keep it by your  bed.   I just found  out  that  when it is warm,  it  works  faster.

So,  if you ever run out  of  oxygen,   give it a try.   It will probably work for  you  because the  cell food  provides  needed  oxygen  to  every cell in the  body.
IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 10:03am »

I'll try to guess which ingredient you feel is most important. Maybe the Cellfood? At $25+ per ounce that's a pricey alternative to breathing, which is, from everything I've read, the way our cells most effectively get oxygen. I went ot get Kudzu the other day at the local healthfood store and the lady in the supplement aisle was pushing this stuff hard. It's only one of the most expensive items on the shelf. Look it up on Quackwatch and other de-bunking websites.  

Many people however do find warm drinks to be soothing during CH, many others find cold ones to be the ticket.

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
Mikey99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Be  Blessed!

« Reply #4 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 10:58am »

Hey Scott

Hope all is well.

The meds that I used to take (depakote,  imitrex)  costs a lot more than  cellfood. The cellfood  alone  will not get the job done.  The 3 mixed together takes care of the pain and  all of the soreness that lingers  after many attacks.  In short,  it enables  me to have a clear head which  is something  the   Cluster cycles will not allow (between attacks).  

I don't know about  you but in my 20 +  years  as a CH  patient,  breathing  regular  air does not do it for me.

I thank that  Roxy  can  attest to that.

I tell you the truth,  if  something  costs  $100  a bottle, if  it can give me even a few days  peace,  I would  do it.

My headaches  are  no  Joke!

Whatever  you use,  I pray it  continues  to work  for  you.

God  Bless
IP Logged

floridian

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 1:26pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

There has been a lot of talk here about hot pepper (capsaicin) before.  Ginger contains compounds similar to that ... a good ginger ale (like Blenheim) will burn like the devil.  

Ginger has been found to help some with migraine - it contains things that block the serotonin-3 receptors (5-HT3). It might help some with clusters as well.  

http://www.med-owl.com/clusterheadaches/tiki-index.php?page=Capsaicin
« Last Edit: Mar 30th, 2006, 1:59pm by floridian » IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 2:48pm »

Okay, the Ginger may have some relevance but don't let go of the CellFood connection. When someone drops the brandname of a product that it's founders have the following bio's I take a look.  
------------------------------------------------------
Mark Rubin is an activist in the realm of mind/body/spirit development, and promotes youthful living as a lifetime endeavor.

David Rubin has travelled the world as a management trainer to many of the world's leading high-tech companies, and now counsels in the area of health, nutrition and human longevity.  
------------------------------------------------------
Those are some credentials there! Yes I edited them down. They also had extensive expertise in running.

Check the website for yourself. http://www.luminahealth.com/company.htm
Seen these kind of products before. Maybe Coral Calcium or something like that.

Call me grumpy, but if the Ginger and honey work, save yourself some money by not buying this stuff.

Scott

IP Logged

seasonal boomer
floridian

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 9:58am »

Yeah, the cellfud looks dubious.  Ginger is an innexpensive food/herb with a decent research track record. The cellflub is a dubious proprietary compound, and the 'research' on their site is worthless drivel.
IP Logged
PV
New Board Newbie
USA 

It's been about 30 years now!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 12:32pm »

I also had some good experience with ginger root.

I used to make tea from fresh ginger root and the stronger the better. I have been able to abort attacks with this tea instantly.

but like so many things, it only worked for while
IP Logged
chewy

Email

« Reply #9 on: Mar 31st, 2006, 9:24pm »

Quote:
Mark Rubin is an activist in the realm of mind/body/spirit development, and promotes youthful living as a lifetime endeavor.  

David Rubin has travelled the world as a management trainer to many of the world's leading high-tech companies, and now counsels in the area of health, nutrition and human longevity.  

So niether one of them has a real job?
IP Logged
Mikey99
New Board Newbie
USA 

Be  Blessed!

.Re: It's  a miracle
« Reply #10 on: Apr 2nd, 2006, 4:07pm »

Well,  this thread has not gotten  the  best response as there are a lot of  skeptics.  But  one  day someone is going to put  aside all the  bias (rubin this  rubin that -who cares as long as it works)  and  try  the  tea  mixture at the  beginning  of this  thread.  

They will probably laugh  all the  way  to a pain  free cycle-- or  at least   90%  pain  free.

Another interesting note is that lumina health is not the only  brand  of  cellfood.  Just happened to be the one  at the  vitamin shoppe  at the time I was looking for it.  

One other thing to note  with any  treatment that you take  whether   meds   or  alternative:

You must go to bed  at the same  time  each night  and wake  up at the same time  each morning.     This  is  a  discipline  that many do not  have  but it will make a world  of  difference  in your  pain.

In order to exercise this  discipline  during a cycle,  you will definitely need an  effective  treatment.

Lack of sleep will render  any  treatment useless.

Never  give up!  You are almost  there.
IP Logged

seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: .It's  a miracle
« Reply #11 on: Apr 3rd, 2006, 7:54am »

on Apr 2nd, 2006, 4:07pm, Mikey99 wrote:
Well,  this thread has not gotten  the  best response as there are a lot of  skeptics.  But  one  day someone is going to put  aside all the  bias (rubin this  rubin that -who cares as long as it works)  and  try  the  tea  mixture at the  beginning  of this  thread.  

They will probably laugh  all the  way  to a pain  free cycle-- or  at least   90%  pain  free.

One other thing to note  with any  treatment that you take  whether   meds   or  alternative:

You must go to bed  at the same  time  each night  and wake  up at the same time  each morning.     This  is  a  discipline  that many do not  have  but it will make a world  of  difference  in your  pain.

In order to exercise this  discipline  during a cycle,  you will definitely need an  effective  treatment.

Lack of sleep will render  any  treatment useless.

Hey Mikey,

I'll admit it Mikey. I'm a skeptic. When someone arrives and within their first few posts mentions a product that I've actually done a little looking into to find that its claims are beyond fantastic, I respond.  

Your use of the line, "they will probably laugh their way to a pain free cycle" is another example of why I'm a skeptic of you, Mikey. That line has been used on these threads by so many. And the many that use that line, almost always are here for a very short time before finally tiring of hearing the true efforts of managing and living with Cluster Headache. People who are fighting the fight using either alternative treatments and conventional pharmaceuticals.

So before you get all defensive because someone put up a question mark about your miracle, understand that you just got here. Many of us read, read and read. And, believe it or not, try things they find on this site. But, we're careful and we watch out for those that cite the possibility of "laughing our way through a pain-free cycle". Even when successful with the treatments I have used I can tell you I wouldn't have the nerve to tell folks here of "laughing through a pain-free cycle."  

As going to bed and waking at the same time everyday, or nothing will work right. Should I also position my bed in the middle of pyramidal structure, place some chrystals around the room, or how about a magnet matress pad? Just as long as you don't recommend that I need aromatherapy to go with the synchronzied sleep patterns, because floral aroma's can be a trigger for me.

Scott
IP Logged

seasonal boomer
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss