Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 8:50am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « OČ and diving regulators »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   OČ and diving regulators
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: OČ and diving regulators  (Read 418 times)
wildhaus
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Switzerland 

OČ and diving regulators
« on: Mar 30th, 2006, 3:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Question: Did someone ever try or read about using diving regulators (like in Scuba diving   ) for the OČ use…. If I got it right it will provide 100% OČ through the mouthpiece and will allow exhaling without mixing with the OČ, I am trying to get the technical specifications, and working pressure, find it intriguing as an alternative to the masks around
Michael
IP Logged

marlinsfan
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love this place!

Email

Re: OČ and diving regulators
« Reply #1 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 3:25pm »

Michael, you'll find it difficult to have anybody fill an air (scuba) tank with Oxygen. As you know, O2 can be lethal if breathed at depth.

On the flip side, the scuba 1st stage regulator will not fit on an oxygen tank because the valves are not compatible.

If you could get an O2 tank and put a scuba valve on it, you could use a scuba regulator to breath in the O2.  

But then the question would be WHY? A high-flow O2 regulator with a clustermasx is so much cheaper and less cumbersome than the scuba one.....
IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #2 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 3:37pm »

on Mar 30th, 2006, 3:25pm, marlinsfan wrote:
Michael, you'll find it difficult to have anybody fill an air (scuba) tank with Oxygen. As you know, O2 can be lethal if breathed at depth.

On the flip side, the scuba 1st stage regulator will not fit on an oxygen tank because the valves are not compatible.

If you could get an O2 tank and put a scuba valve on it, you could use a scuba regulator to breath in the O2.  

But then the question would be WHY? A high-flow O2 regulator with a clustermasx is so much cheaper and less cumbersome than the scuba one.....

and, the operation of a scuba reg is kind of clunky - the inhales and exhales are not as nice and smooth as most non-rebreather masks. not to mention having to bite down on the mouth piece which would send me to new places at the same time.

scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
Guiseppi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 30th, 2006, 6:26pm »

I modified an old paramedic's push button regulator. Hooks to a standard 02 tank. I like doing the real deep breath then hold for 30 seconds. This regulator works real well for that. I can get thru a 10 minute blast with only 2-300 pounds.

Guiseppi
IP Logged

Why are all sensors, seeking intelligent life, pointed AWAY from earth?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss