Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 16th, 2024, 12:34pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu, Melatonin and Turmeric? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu, Melatonin and Turmeric?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu, Melatonin and Turmeric?  (Read 1785 times)
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

Kudzu, Melatonin and Turmeric?
« on: Apr 5th, 2006, 2:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone tried combining Kudzu, Melatonin and Turmeric?  Since discovering this site a day or two ago, I've been consuming as much information as possible.

Gary had accidentally stumbled onto oxygen as an abortive - but it only worked a few times.  Turns out he wasn't taking nearly enough and was using the wrong breather-type thingy.  Oxygen refills take two weeks around here, and the bottle we already have isn't nearly large enough to accomodate the much-larger recommended dosage (over a two week waiting period).

So... we're trying the OTC options.  Took a few hours, but we found Kudzu Recovery, and he took his first dose about 1 1/2 hours ago.

But I'd also read here (or through links here) about melatonin.  And he's an insomniac to begin with, but is COMPLETELY exhausted after so little sleep for over a month now.  We found 5mg melatonin, and he wants to try that too as there appears to be no problem mixing the two things (although on the med-owl link it mentions that the use of melatonin for insomnia [as opposed to CH] should be taken at very LOW doses - like 0.25mg).

Finally, there's a thread here about Turmeric.  The links indicate dosage is dubious, and it appears to have worked for only one person.  But it is apparently a very powerful anti-inflammatory.  The turmeric supplement recommended by the health food store was New Chapter's "Turmeric Force."  It has 400mg of turmeric rhizome and 35.2mg of curcuminoids per serving.

I'm certain it's best to try one thing at a time, but since finding this site, hubby is chomping at the bit to try everything - anything - to make it stop.  

They all seem like harmless supplements (since he doesn't have a problem with low blood pressure and is on no other medications), and it doesn't seem like there would be a problem combining them.  ??????????????????????

IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu, Melatonin and Turmeric?
« Reply #1 on: Apr 5th, 2006, 8:06pm »

Hi. Many of the testers used kudzu and melatonin safely, so there shouldn't be any problems. No one that I know of was using tumeric. From what I've seen on it, it doesn't appear that it would have any harmful interactions. BUT>>>I'm not a doctor or even an expert in anything. As Mr Happy might say... "You go first".  Smiley
Should you decide to try it, keep us posted, OK?
Pain free wishes to your home, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 5th, 2006, 10:06pm »

Bless his heart.    Cry

I wish I could take his pain....

I posted this on another thread....but make sure he takes the dosage on the Kudzu bottle....and take it at the SAME TIME EVERY DAY.   Not sure what the dosage is on Planetary...but if it's 2..3x's a day, he should take it that way.    

Order the Kudzu online...it's cheaper.

Jean

(oops...DISCLAIMER:   I'm not a doc....not even close)
« Last Edit: Apr 5th, 2006, 10:07pm by TxBasslady » IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
Garys_Girl
New Board Veteran
USA 

Kill the Beast!

« Reply #3 on: Apr 6th, 2006, 11:04am »

Thanks for the replies.   Smiley

Now I don't know where to post the results - I guess I'll head over to the stickied Kudzuuuuuuuuu thread.

But he did take all three things yesterday.  He only had 2 episodes yesterday, and did get four solid hours of sleep!   Grin

P.S.  He's taking more than the recommended dose on the bottle, even though we argued about it.  I told him even if the recommended dose was more, he should start slow and ramp up.  But he's too impatient, and I really don't blame him.  His logic on taking more than the recommended dose on the Kudzu Recovery is that it's not just the Kudzu root.  It's got a lot of other stuff in there (even though Kudzu root is the main ingredient).  It has no breakdown of how much Kudzu root or diaz??? are in it.  So I let him win that argument.  I pick my battles carefully these days.
IP Logged

"It's comin' like a freight train - can't you hear it?" - Gary
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss