Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:17pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Got my RC seeds today... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Got my RC seeds today...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Got my RC seeds today...  (Read 2252 times)
Richr8
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

It's all about today...

Email

Got my RC seeds today...
« on: Oct 18th, 2006, 11:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

...from IamShaman.com.  What do I do with them?  My cycle has not started yet, although I 've been having mild shadows off and on for about six weeks that are very responsive to O2 treatments.  My cycle typically starts in the Oct-Nov time frame.  Last year was very late, started Christmas eve.(Merry Christmas)not!

I am determined to avoid a pred taper this year.  Any advice is appreciated.
IP Logged

pf wishes,

Rich

...because yesterday is history and you never know what tomorrow will bring.
"Med free"- A few seeds and lots of O2-LG but not great.
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

Re: Got my RC seeds today...
« Reply #1 on: Oct 18th, 2006, 11:45pm »

http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #2 on: Oct 18th, 2006, 11:52pm »

and Rich?   if you need anymore info.   PM me.  Kay?
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Oct 20th, 2006, 4:49pm »

Rich - PM me too.  Been on maintenance myself.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Oct 21st, 2006, 12:36am »

The RC seeds may have their best use in preventing a cycle from happening.

If used as a cycle preventive just crush the seeds, pliers will do, grind them up between your fingers and soak 8 or so initially in water for a few hours in maybe an ounce of water. The water will become brownish from the hull pigments, I dont think the color determines anything.

Drink up seeds and all. You may feel a very slight sedating effect within an hour and you may feel nothing at all. The slight sedating effect probably determines the effective dose for you.

The 8 or so seeds are best initially to test your reactions to the seeds and then if you read the CB warnings on the LSA faq its probably ok to try a higher dose in a day or so if your comfortable with them.

Many have to find their own effective dosing 15-25 seeds seems the norm.  

I use the seeds powdered and sublingually without soaking and for me this works best. They are fully dissolved in less than 15 minutes.

If taken at night the small doses can make you sleep quite soundly.

One has to be a bit more aggressive when breaking a well set cycle though.
IP Logged

MJ
TxBasslady
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Bass fishin' is a h00t  It's the catchin' that sux

Email

« Reply #5 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 5:22pm »

Best wishes to ya darlin'.

I hope this is the magic potion for ya.   Grin

Much love,

Jean

IP Logged

How lucky I am... to have known someone who was so hard to say goodbye too.

Take a kid fishin
www.takemefishin.org

I adopted a Vietnam POW/MIA from El Paso, Texas!
tanner
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Adopt a POW/MIA I have

sc_clusterhead1  
Email

« Reply #6 on: Oct 25th, 2006, 5:31pm »

Rich, you may also PM me and I will give you my phone #. I am brand new and learning about busting, but I can tell you one thing for sure. There is a light at the end of the tunnel!!

Always best regards, Tim
IP Logged

I AM THE MASTER OF MY MIND, MY BODY, AND MY EMOTIONS...
it's just my head that sucks...http://www.centerforlit.com/

Arizona
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #7 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 2:53am »

We put from 25 to 30 seeds in our elec. coffee grinder,zap them several times until they are all at least coarsely ground,put  them in about a 1/2 cup of water and let them soak several hours, then CH guy drinks it, ground up stuff and all. He does this once a day, when in a cycle. Sometimes after about 3 days of taking the seeds the headaches will go away for 2 or 3 wks. And they ( the headaches) always get less severe and of shorter duration-that is, not hitting over and over, every few minutes.  
We have only been doing this for about a year-so don't really have very sure guidelines from experience, yet. Aren't ever sure whether it is the end of a cycle, or if the seeds are really doing it.  
Right now, he has been having the CH's for about a week, taking seed tea every evening, and the headaches ARE less- one or two hits each a.m. and they are much less intense and much shorter. We will contimue, hoping that the seeds will overcome them soon.     zrizona
IP Logged
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #8 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 11:07am »

Rich,
You can PM also if you'd like.  
Arizona-not sure about the idea of using seeds daily-seems they're more effective with a break between doses-have you checked out clusterbusters?  Of course, if this is working for you, more power to you.

PFDAN y'all,
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #9 on: Nov 11th, 2006, 12:56pm »

I think that using this treatment daily, even in small doses, could very well lessen the efficacy of it. It's really best to give yourself at least 5 days between dosing.  
Early on, I found that if I delayed dosing a few days longer each time, it actually began working better. I still get the odd bad day or two, but rather than dose, I find the next several days are often very good ones.  
Shooting for 60 days right now...  Grin
pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 12:56am »

It's interesting how even with the seeds we are all a bit different.

For the past many months I have been dosing with the seeds like Nani on an as needed basis. Anywhere fom 20 to 40 days apart as symptoms arise. This "preventive method" with 20-30 seeds has kept me largely pain free. Would not have happened in the past.

For me to "break a set cycle" I need to dose twice a day with 5-10 RC seeds for several days until the CH goes away,  then taper the doses.
If I dont do this as as soon as the seed dose wears off the attacks return.
They dont get worse just return to full speed attacks.

I have for the first time in my 30 years of suffering found a usefull tool for CH.

By my history and reasoning I should be climbing the walls by now and wearing holes in the floors.

In "my opinion" The dosing requires being able to read the signs of CH. and your own personal symptoms.
It may be a fine line between taking too much and not enough that determines success or failure with the RC seeds.  

As a cyclical clusterhead the serotonin or whatever it is that messes with us plays the same way. It may go up and down and one needs to dose accordingly to maintain a balance. Its a difficult thing to judge whats the right way to use the seeds.
Unlike prescribed meds you cant just take 2 a day and call me in a week, I think its a finer balance.

I have recently increased my seed intake, like Arizona, to once a day as well. Last dose 2 hours ago. All CH symptoms are gone for now and I feel as well as I did a week ago.

It's an evolving story.

edit to add; the above doses are just what works for me and may not work for any other. see clusterbusters.com
« Last Edit: Nov 12th, 2006, 1:02am by MJ » IP Logged

MJ
kcopelin
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

good grief

« Reply #11 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 1:02am »

MJ and Arizona,
Really glad the seeds are working for you!  Funny how those little flower seeds can beat back the beast when big ole hairy (and expensive) drugs don't.  I think it is really individual-particularly the "effective" dose.  
Rich-hope they work for you too!
kathy
IP Logged

Words count, chose carefully.
Arizona
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #12 on: Nov 12th, 2006, 11:10pm »

I guess I didn't tell how CH guy takes the seeds very clearly, so I'll try to do better this time.
    Yes, we read and studied the ClusterBusters site before we decided to order them.
    He does not take the seeds day after day, the way I wrote it makes it sound. He hassn't had to!!!! Smiley
What he does is:  
    The first time he gets up , starts to eat breakfast, and then The Beast hits, (his usual pattern of the way a cycle starts) he gets the Ox hooked up, suffers and swearsand yells,etc. until he finally gets through them and goes to sleep.  And I grind up 25  seeds to soak.

He is 6'4', 210.  We started with the 5 seeds and waited a few days as the C Busters article suggested. Then we tried 10, and waited,; 15, and waited,  but did not really "bust" the CH  until a 20 seed dose. Perhaps the dose size needs to be adjusted to the person's size?
   We know that it is "busted" when the next day the pattern is broken, and the CH's are much shorter, and only one or two hits, and are much, much weaker.! Smiley
Thank God, always!  
   Then he does not take the seeds that nite,  and the next day-( so far), at least- there is no headache so we put the seeds away until they are needed again.  So far, he gets a respite of between 2 to 4 wks.. Pretty good, we think, since the fall cycle used to start in the fall in  Sept. then  go on into early winter.  
   This year  1st CH Sept. 29 - took seeds. Next day funny shadows,etc. ,used Ox. -no more.seeds.  This was followed by two and a half wks. with NO DH! Unheard of!  
   Then Oct. 19 they hit again. Used seeds., CH again on the 20th. Took Seeds.   On the 21st, shadows,weak hit. No seeds. Respite until Nov.4. when CH hit again for 6 days. We used several times, then on the 10th, it was shadows, and weak hits, then was clear yesterday and today-Nov.11.12. We'll see  - and  meet tomorrow when it comes.  
We are grateful for any respite, since it is usually day after day this time of year- even tho' he is on verapamil (cardio Dr. changed one of his medications so he could take this after the hospital neurologist recommended it-  and he takes doxepin- recommended by CH Dr. Can't really tell if these are helping or not.  The CH's have gone on and on.)   Until, SEEDS!!!

He does not seem to feel any other effect fron them-says it's just like drinking water, as far as he can tell. (I personally think the  Indians who use this in their religious ceremonies must either take VERY large doses, or perhaps other substances along with the seeds.)  
We got our seed from Iamshaman, so they should be good.  
Good Luck to all, with whatever treatment you are trying. Any PF days are so good for both the CH persons and their loved ones! May God Bless us, everyone!    arizona
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss