Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 27th, 2024, 11:07pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « LSA report - 4 years »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   LSA report - 4 years
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LSA report - 4 years  (Read 3186 times)
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

LSA report - 4 years
« on: Jan 11th, 2008, 5:36pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

In January of 2004, a clusterhead was finding only limited relief with psilocybin, so he tried using a related chemical, often called LSA, from the seeds of a plant with trumpet-shaped flowers and heart-shaped leaves.  
It ended a very stubborn cycle.

Since then, I have collected reports from 110 people using LSA from Rivea corymbosa, Hawaiian baby wood rose and Ipomea violacia seeds.

Of those 110 people reporting, as of January 11, 2008:
73 (66.4%) had significant positive results,  
16 (14.5 %) had negative results, and  
21 (19.1 %) I classified as indeterminate, meaning people weren't sure of the results, weren't clear on the results, or did not report the outcome.

These results are completely unscientific, as they are anecdotal and most are collected from the Internet, meaning they are skewed in either direction for any number of reasons. Make of them what you will.

My personal opinion is that LSA is very effective in preventing cluster headache and breaking cluster cycles, though not as effective as the other indole-ring hallucinogens, psilocybin and LSD. My unscientific count of those reporting the use of psilocybin and LSD have a success rate of 75 percent or more.

LSA has some advantages, however, in that the seeds can be purchased legally (though not for ingestion) in the US and many other countries, and they are much less likely to cause a psychedelic experience at medicinal levels.

In my opinion (a very humble one), the indole-ring hallucinogens are the best preventive yet found, and they can also be very effective in stopping individual attacks.  

They should not be used, however, by pregnant women, those with serious mental illness, or those who fear psychoactive effects.

For more information see: www.clusterbusters.com

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
K-MAN
New Board Newbie
USA 

Re: LSA report - 4 years
« Reply #1 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 5:44pm »

I've used the RC seeds during the last 2 cluster cycles, and they are effective in reducing the frequency and intensity of attacks.  It's another great tool to use in the fight.
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 7:13pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jan 11th, 2008, 5:36pm, tommyD wrote:

In my opinion (a very humble one), the indole-ring hallucinogens are the best preventive yet found, and they can also be very effective in stopping individual attacks.  

They have been by far the most efficacious treatment I've tried.  31 months since last cycle is hard for me to deny.
IP Logged
andrewjb
New Board Hall of Famer
England 

when the love of power becomes the power of love !

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 9:34pm »

Smiley, great effort tommyD. andrew.
IP Logged
Kevin_M
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

withered branches grow green again.

« Reply #4 on: Jan 11th, 2008, 9:46pm »

on Jan 11th, 2008, 5:36pm, tommyD wrote:
I have collected reports from 110 people using LSA from Rivea corymbosa, Hawaiian baby wood rose and Ipomea violacia seeds.

Make of them what you will.

My personal opinion is that LSA is very effective...  

For more information see: www.clusterbusters.com

Helpful information for some, tommy.     Smiley

Thanks

IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 12:35am »

Well, being a huge fan of LSA and the other clusterbuster treatments, I'd like to thank you for all your work on this, Tommy.  Smiley
Your efforts will benefit all CH sufferers in time.  
hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
van101
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: LSA report - 4 years ---another report
« Reply #6 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 1:44pm »

If anyone would like the whole artical Id be happy to send it in a .pdf file, just private message me.

Downloaded from www.neurology.org at Johns Hopkins University on August 3, 2007

Response of cluster headache to psilocybin and LSD
R. Andrew Sewell, John H. Halpern and Harrison G. Pope, Jr

Abstract—The authors interviewed 53 cluster headache patients who had
used psilocybin or lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD) to treat their condition.
Twenty-two of 26 psilocybin users reported that psilocybin aborted attacks; 25
of 48 psilocybin users and 7 of 8 LSD users reported cluster period termination;
18 of 19 psilocybin users and 4 of 5 LSD users reported remission period
extension. Research on the effects of psilocybin and LSD on cluster headache
may be warranted.
IP Logged
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 3:04pm »

Tommy,
Thank you for all the hard work you have done compiling these statistics.  Your work has played a large role in medical research being able to move forward for this treatment.

Patti
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #8 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 5:38pm »

Tommy,
u Da Man! Thanks
great stuff for busting a cycle or as an abortive.

Robbie
IP Logged
Beastfodder
New Board Old Timer
United_Kingdom 

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally

« Reply #9 on: Jan 13th, 2008, 5:48pm »

Tommy

Thanks for the update

This approach has revolutionised my relationship with CH.

Knocked last year's cycle on the head for the first time in years - can't say I missed it.  Didn't even need a sniff of O2.

All the best
IP Logged

O2 and clusterbusters - naturally
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14th, 2008, 12:31pm »

Thanks for the update Tommy - great stuff Cool

When are you updating the psilocybin one? Wink

-Lee
IP Logged
ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #11 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 3:50am »

Agreed..... And thanx to you Tommy!!!!!!!!
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 6:50am »

Stop thanking me so much already! It's just a little copy-&-paste every now and then.  

Thank instead all those hundreds of courageous folks who have posted their experience with these taboo, evil, illegal, spawn-of-the-devil substances right out there in public.

And the most thanks should go to DJ, who allows and enables this discussion to go on.

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #13 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 11:06am »

Thankyou, all you hundreds of courageous folks who have posted your experiences with these wonderful, heaven sent, devil training and pain reducing natural substances right here in public.

Thankyou DJ for allowing many of us to find our way through the darkness and the pain as we walked right  
through hell to dance in the light on the farther side.

And thankyou tommyD for keeping track of it all. Its pretty cool to see so many have been helped.

2 years and still pain free with a monthly dose of RC seeds
 I am a lucky one yet every single day I remember the pain and know that the devil (CH) is knocking on my door but I now have a great tool to help to overcome. Long may it last.

Thank you all you cluster busters.  
IP Logged

MJ
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 9:05pm »

I ordered my RC seeds today and hopefully I will be trying them by Friday. i have had a very hard time obtaining shrooms so I'm gonna gibe them a shot. Thanks to all the other clusterheads who discovered this!!!!!
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
bluebrain
New Board Newbie
Denmark 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #15 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 5:27am »

Sometime ago wrote about Psilocybin/psilocin and clusterheadache under the name of Bluebrain theory including a reference list, you can read about it if you go to google search and type bluebrain theory, right now I'm tryng to finish a more scientific based article. As all those who have tried psolocybin/psilocin, LSD, LSA, I totally agree that here lies the solution for our illness.
The missing serotonin is replaced by one of this compounds,(no vasodilation of the ophthalmic artery means no mechanical activation of the trigeminal nerve specially V1 branch and therefor NO PAIN!) but this happens only during the active phase of this disorder.
Yours sincerely.
Bluebrain/ Arild Ejsing.
IP Logged
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #16 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 8:23pm »

Works for me. I dont miss the prednisone, trex, lithuim .....and the list goes on. Thanks to God for these things. Thanks to the courage of all involved.
thebb Cool
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
PollyPocket
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Someone I am is waiting for my courage.

Yennyfur_D  
WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Mar 6th, 2008, 9:14pm »

This was by far the singlemost effective treatment I have ever used. Thank you to all the clusterbusters, thank you Tommy for compiling the information, and DJ, thank you for giving us a place to connect.

I will never go back to conventional "medicines" and all the negative side effects again. The hell of a 10, the ramming my head into a wall or floor, the cry for help that never comes...  I'll take the seeds over that any day, and will proudly and justifiably stand behind that decision at any cost.
IP Logged

“Life is all about timing... the unreachable becomes reachable, the unavailable become available, the unattainable... attainable. Have the patience, wait it out It's all about timing.” - Stacey Charter

"If I don't remember it happening, it never happened. Wink " - Tori
richcurtin
New Board Newbie
Noflag 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #18 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 11:33am »

Do any of these not produce a high? I want the headaches to stop so my brain functions, so not interested in seeing pink elephants dancing in my living room.
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #19 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 12:27pm »

I have a few questions that have probably been answered but could someone help me out.  
Sorry but with ch and all the effects of the drugs it is a bit difficult to make my way through all the info on the clusterbuster website.

1) Is one type seed better or easier to tolerate than another (stomach problems, etc.)
2) Does one type seed bring on more of a high(hallucinations, etc.)  than another?
3) I heard there is conradictions with other meds. like thyroid.  4) Is there a website where I could reference this?
5)  Do any or most folks share the fact that they are trying this with their neurologist and what type response LOL do they get?  
6) You soak these things in wine or water?

Thanks Mary Ann
IP Logged
coach_bill
New Board Veteran
USA 

gimmie my imitrex!!

WWW Email

« Reply #20 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 4:15pm »

Count me in Tommy, the rc.seeds wiped out what was the ending of a long cycle, got rid of all my shadows, the next morning i woke up and just knew it was gone. My only regret is i didnt know of it sooner, how many cycles could have been blocked?? but i cant fool myself nothing has 100% ending, were all gonna get our hits, but these seeds has given me some kinda feeling of power, and thats something the beast has never let me feel. coach bill.
IP Logged

boy i cant wait till it's my turn to give him a headache. paybacks a bitch
pattik
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

northcolor4  

« Reply #21 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 5:08pm »

on Mar 7th, 2008, 12:27pm, beachmusic wrote:
I have a few questions that have probably been answered but could someone help me out.  
Sorry but with ch and all the effects of the drugs it is a bit difficult to make my way through all the info on the clusterbuster website.

1) Is one type seed better or easier to tolerate than another (stomach problems, etc.)
2) Does one type seed bring on more of a high(hallucinations, etc.)  than another?
3) I heard there is conradictions with other meds. like thyroid.  4) Is there a website where I could reference this?
5)  Do any or most folks share the fact that they are trying this with their neurologist and what type response LOL do they get?  
6) You soak these things in wine or water?

Thanks Mary Ann

You can find most, if not all of your answers at the following link:
http://www.clusterbusters.com/faqlsa.htm
Question 3&4...if you're on Thyroid meds, or any others, you should ask your doctor first.  
As to question "5"....I'm not sure I get your "LOL", but my doctor not only DIDN'T laugh when he heard that I had gotten good results with the Clusterbuster treatments, he wanted to know more.  Any ethical physician would want to  know what you are putting into your body.  It would be  best to educate yourself completely about these treatments and inform your physician prior to just jumping in.

-Pat
IP Logged

The voyage of discovery is not about seeking new landscapes, it's about having new eyes--Marcel Proust
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #22 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 5:20pm »

I am LOL =laughing out loud to keep from crying because I cannot get a doctor to return my calls much less see one.  I have been daily since jan 7 and cannot see the doctor until Jan 20.  There is no way I will get any positive feedback from my doctor regarding alternative treatments and yes I know I need a new one but that also takes a lot of time and will be into the summer.   Pain makes it quite difficult to absorb all this info as I am sure many of you know.
Whatever I will give it a try and share it with the doctor.  All he can do is show his lack support.  Which is exactly what I expect.
IP Logged
Brew
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Low Four!

« Reply #23 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 5:21pm »

I have discussed the clusterbuster treatment with my doctor, and he gave me his full support if I wanted to try it. Nothing LOL about it.
IP Logged

Always remember that you're unique, just like everyone else.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #24 on: Mar 7th, 2008, 5:29pm »

My GP actually said this to me:

"I am so happy that you found this treatment. Remember all the meds we were throwing at you, and you were still having attacks?"

My neuro said:  
"Hey, if it's working...you should keep it up."
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss