Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 11:14am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Lidocaine »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Lidocaine
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Lidocaine  (Read 461 times)
mocoopmom
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Lidocaine
« on: Jan 12th, 2008, 12:03pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Has anyone ever heard of using lidocaine to treat CH. Apon being diagnosed with CH two days ago, the doc told me to use lidocaine. He told me to tilt head 45 degrees back, and 40 degrees to the side of the headache. Slowly drip lidocaine in my nose and let it sit for a min or two. He then gave me a sack with a vile of lidocaine, some syringes, and some alcohol prep pad, and a script for all that when i run out. I have done it once and it seemed to help for a short while. It burned like hell though! i am wondering if this is something anyone else has heard of or is this doc crazy. Not sure at this point if i need to find a new doc before i kill my nasel passage with this stuff.
IP Logged
vietvet2tours
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Team MOOSE DROOL Stinky Stuff on a Hook Prostaff

Re: Lidocaine
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 1:39pm »

on Jan 12th, 2008, 12:03pm, mocoopmom wrote:
Has anyone ever heard of using lidocaine to treat CH. Apon being diagnosed with CH two days ago, the doc told me to use lidocaine. He told me to tilt head 45 degrees back, and 40 degrees to the side of the headache. Slowly drip lidocaine in my nose and let it sit for a min or two. He then gave me a sack with a vile of lidocaine, some syringes, and some alcohol prep pad, and a script for all that when i run out. I have done it once and it seemed to help for a short while. It burned like hell though! i am wondering if this is something anyone else has heard of or is this doc crazy. Not sure at this point if i need to find a new doc before i kill my nasel passage with this stuff.

This isn't the inquisition.  That is torture.  Fire that doc and get oxygen if you indeed have clusters.

Potter

IP Logged

Kill em all let God sort em out
DennisM1045
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One wave at a time!

DennisM1045   DennisM1045
Email

Re: Lidocaine
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2008, 2:29pm »

I actually have heard of this being done but I believe it's an old treatment.  There are much better ways to fight the beast these days.  

As Potter said, Oxygen is a very good abortive for many of us.  It must be 100% Oxygen deliverd  @ 15lpm using a non-rebreather mask.

Check out the great info on OUCH-US.  http://www.ouch-us.org

Also, please read through these two documents and bring them to your Dr.  Let's see if we can't get you an updated battle plan Grin

http://www.plainboard.com/ch/chtherapy.pdf
http://www.efns.org/files/guideline_49.pdf

Good luck.  I hope you have some PF (pain free) time soon.

-Dennis-
IP Logged

Dancing the dance since 1995 ... Family member since 2007 ... No longer alone
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss