Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2024, 5:32pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Kudzu & RC Seeds Question »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   Kudzu & RC Seeds Question
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Kudzu & RC Seeds Question  (Read 612 times)
kingsiren
New Board Junior

Good Luck and God Bless!!!!

Kudzu & RC Seeds Question
« on: Jan 15th, 2008, 9:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I started the Kudzu yesterday and I was ha free all day. I took 1 615mg capsule in the am & another before bed. Unfortunately today I was awoken at 9am with a Kip 5 but the 02 aborted it in about 5 minutes. All day I have had shadows much worse than usual and about 4 kip 1-2's. In my past eperience I always find that the beast gets pissed when I try and end a cycle and he hits me pretty hard before he goes away, that evil prick that he is. So on the one hand I think that Kudzu may actually help but I dread the next 5 or 6 days I epect to spend most of my time sucking 02 or scalding myself in the shower. I am going to keep taking 2 a day until this weekend then i am going to try the RC seeds. I plan on keeping with the Kudzu and I read through alot of posts but still have a few questions:

Is anyone who has success with Kudzu also using RC seeds?

If and when did you up your Kudzu dosage from twice daily to 3 times?  

Does anyone else feel like the cycle gets substantially worse before you can break it? If so do you find the Kudzu & seeds make it worse?

I am currently taking 1 500mg magnesium, 1 500mg taurine & 1 615mg kudzu when I get up, 1 taurine mid day and 1 taurine, 1 kudzu & 9mg melatonin at bed. I havent started a pred taper or Topamax, I am hoping to avois the rx this time. I have Imitrex for a worse case scenario but thankfully the 02 has been working really well. My skin is so wrinkled I look like a bleached prune (I'm as lilly white as they come) but thankfully im off work for a few more weeks so I dont have to deal with The beast outside the safety of my home.

Thanks everyone for doing the research for the rest of us, I have said it before I never really knew what was wrong with me until I found this site. Thousands & thousands of dollars, dozens of treatments & a sinus surgery later a search on yahoo finally showed me a light at the end of the tunnel.
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

Re: Kudzu & RC Seeds Question
« Reply #1 on: Jan 15th, 2008, 10:00pm »

Anecdotal evidence suggests that kudzu will interfere with any clusterbuster treatments, so it's not worth trying seeds without a 5 day kudzu detox.

It sounds like the kudzu could be making a difference. Most people find that even unaborted, attacks will last much less time. I had relief from even most shadows, but those that broke through would be eased by Excedrin Migraine or coffee and an NSAID.

I think you can safely add another kudzu, but I'm not a dr or even a kudzu expert, LOL.  

I've been chronic (although I mostly manage them quite well with clusterbuster treatments for the last 2 years) so I can't give advice about episode endings.

I'm glad the O2 is working so well for you... it's my favorite abortive.  Smiley

pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #2 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 1:27pm »

at the end of my last cycle my attacks were frequent, long in duration, and very high on the kip scale. also found that my attacks as an adult were much more extreme. it seems that anything i try other than o2 i have to give it a week or 2 before before i see any results. also  staying away from  chocolate and beer has helped. man do i miss drinking beer. also in past cycles i wasn't armed with the info and help other clusterheads like yourself. this site has been my best line of defense. what is kudzu and rc seeds? is it available withuot a script?
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2008, 1:29pm by outofcommission » IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 1:47pm »

Quote:
what is kudzu and rc seeds? is it available withuot a script?

Check out clusterbusters.com
thebbz
RC seeds= rivea corimbosa=LSA
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2008, 1:48pm by thebbz » IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #4 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 2:38pm »

You can read about kudzu here:
http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=meds;action= display;num=1110584362

and here:
http://www.mushys.com/kudzu/KudzuFAQs.pdf

As the bbz said, you can read about seeds at  
www.clusterbusters.com
Look on the upper right and click on LSA FAQ

pf wishes, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #5 on: Jan 16th, 2008, 4:23pm »

Kudzu is a supplemental herb you can get in capsule form from the internet or a decent vitamin/supplement shop. It seems to have alot of the characteristics of beta blockers without the side effects. I have only been on it for 3 days but due to the fact that my attacks have been greatly ramped up in frequency but also much milder & shorter I think it's working. From my experience the cycle gets pretty crazy before it breaks, I found this to be true the first time I tried Verapamil & Topamax too. I still have to wait a few days before I know for sure but as sick as it sounds the increase in attacks might be a good sign for me.  

RC seeds are a milder relative of mushrooms with a much lower concentration of LSA. Tthey are totally legal to purchase as long as they are not for consumption(wink wink) and when taken in sub recreational doses seem to be a great aid in breaking a cycle. Unfortunately I didnt realize that the Kudzu might interfere with the seeds mechanism so I'm going to put them away and see if the Kudzu really works well enough. If I am still getting clusters on Monday I will detox off the Kudzu and give the seeds a shot Next Friday/Saturday.  

I know it seems like alot of work & research but most of us have found that the only way to get any relief from this evil bastard is to discover therapies & treatments on our own and then explain how they work to our doctors. I had almost 10  years of misdiagnosed misery before I found out what was wrong with me by reading all these lovely peoples experiences. I wouldn't wish this shit on my owrst enemy but I sure am grateful that there are others who know what I go through, before I discovered them I used to get so depressed & feel so shitty that I couldn't just "deal with it like a man". When I'm out of a cycle I return every few weeks to read up and see if there is anything new. I bookmark anything I find that seems promising and I reasearch as much as I can. You are your own advocate and if you arm yourself with enough information you can tame the beast. God Bless & Good Luck to all!!!
IP Logged

I have an ice pick being repeatedly stabbed through my eye, into my brain while 4160 Volts run through it as someone squeezes my eyeball. You get headaches buddy, I get the Beelzebub on Crystal Meth.
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #6 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 12:38am »

48 hours & ha free, seems like the Kudzu might be working. I'm  pretty excited!!!!!I know I still have to give it a few days but so far so good!!!!
IP Logged

ski2k
New Board Old Timer
USA 

skipolak  
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 18th, 2008, 9:30pm »

Hmmm... Another non-pharmaceutical treatment helping?!?! That's awesome!!  
  I just wonder why the major drug companies aren't researching some of these treatments a little more. Maybe refine and purify the ingredients that help. Dealing with natural remedies like this kinda sux sometimes. They can vary so wildly!
  I guess maybe that's why results vary so much from person to person?!

Anyway... Glad you seem to be finding some relief! Hope it continues!

Adam
IP Logged

Here's where I got my RC (Rivea Corymbosa)seeds: I am Shaman
https://www.iamshaman.net/affiliatewiz/aw.aspx?A=1022&Task=Click
kingsiren
New Board Junior

« Reply #8 on: Jan 19th, 2008, 5:06pm »

Hello everyone, thanks for the support. So now it seems as if the Kudzu is working to a large extent, my attacks haven't completely stopped but they are all coming at the same time, between 12:00 pm & 2:15 pm. The shadow hits and I strap on the 02 for about 15 minutes then I take a very hot shower for 25 minutes followed by another 15 minutes of 02 and I can manage. Its the first time in 13 years that they have occurred on such a ridgid schedule so I have to think it has something to do with the Kudzu. I am going to increase my dosage to (2) 615mg in the am, 1 615mg in the evening and (2) at bedtime. If the atacks still hit after 3 or 4 days I am going to deto from the Kudzu & try the RC seeds. I am in recovery so I will use the water method, I'm gonna try 10 seeds to start although I am considering a larger dose, I do have quite a bot of experience with these kind of medicines and I'm not worried about any side effects, I'll play it by ear and read more before I make a decision.
IP Logged

outofcommission
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

damn......no place to park

« Reply #9 on: Jan 22nd, 2008, 1:08am »

calico gave me some kuzo up at davcon and it seems to be working. he is cronic and he said he has been pain free for 5 or 6 days. i don't know how long he has been trying them but i don't think it has been very long.  the melitonin is getting me some sleep too. i am going to keep taking baby steps and giving things a chance to work.i will keep trying the natural stuff as long as it works. it's also cheaper since i don't have insurance. i too do not like big drug companies. i might not be ch free but i will prevail and keep my sanity this time around. also noticed on my last cycle that my hits were hard and very frequent, however my only line of defence was  lots of coffee and lots of aspirin.  i didn't have o2 nor did i have this message board.
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2008, 1:17am by outofcommission » IP Logged

that which does not kill you will only make you crazy, obsessive, and sleep deprived
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss