Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 3:19am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « RC seeds »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   Cluster Headache Help and Support
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies
(Moderator: DJ)
   RC seeds
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: RC seeds  (Read 1885 times)
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

Who needs a hypothalamus anyway?

RC seeds
« on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:06pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

ah hah!!! I think it is these things that are working.  I have learned, I do need the 5 days in between,  The 3 days was not enough.  And they are working even though I am currently on lithium and verapamil.  Maybe now that I have this figured out, I can finally end the cycle.  Whats been happening is I get shadwows almost daily but not too bad.  On about the 5th day, they get stronger.  So of course I redose but get a couple of CH"S.  The next day is a heavy shadow day but no real hits.

And I don't really need a large dose.  The last 2 doses were 17 and 22.  I may bump up to 30 .  

Following this stategy has given me only 2 or 3 hits in the last 10 days.  Still sucks but better than the alternative.  But why the hell am I still friggin dealing with this 4 1/2 months after my first hit?  NEver had a cycle close to this long.  Sounds chronic to me
IP Logged
Jonny
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Give me a shovel Ill dig my own grave!

WWW Email

Re: RC seeds
« Reply #1 on: Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:10pm »

on Apr 2nd, 2008, 9:06pm, kevmd wrote:
 Sounds chronic to me

If thats the case, youll live.....I did it for 31 years.  Wink
IP Logged

It is up to YOU to educate yourself and then help your doctor plan your treatment. If you just sit down in front of your doctor and say "make me better" you are setting yourself up for a great deal of pain.

- Guiseppi

thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #2 on: Apr 3rd, 2008, 2:38pm »

They do last that long.  
all the best
keep beatin demon ass
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #3 on: Apr 4th, 2008, 4:50pm »

Way to go, Kev.  Keep up the regimen.  

When in full cycle, I dose with 25 to 30 seeds every five days, but I've never had to dose with that many more than twice because the seeds just knock the CH down and out!  I maintenance dose every single month while out of cycle with about 12 seeds, rain or shine.  

We have a schedule where on the first of every month we have to put the flea killer on both the cat and the dog, so I put the CH killer in me the same day.

No CH, and no fleas either  Smiley

And, my longest cycle lasted 4 months, so hang in there.

Sandy
IP Logged

Lean on me when you're not strong
And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #4 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 7:34pm »

Jonny.... 31 years....You are a better man than me.  At what point did you except that that was who you were.  I am trying get it into my head that this could be with me for quite some time and that I need to not be afraid of it.  
Sandy....Today is day 5.  This is the 3rd time doing it with 5 days between doses.  My wife didn't want  me to do it because I usually have a bad couple of days after a dose and because I have been pain free today so far (some shadows).  But want to kick the SOB while he is struggling!!!! Not giving up hope that this is just a long cycle.  I won't give the beast my life just yet.
IP Logged
Linda_Howell
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Hearing is one thing.  Listening is another.

N/A   N/A
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Apr 6th, 2008, 8:38pm »

Quote:
At what point did you except that that was who you were.

O.K. Kev, I'm not trying to speak for Jonny here but I've been chronic for 21 yrs. and....

Our being chronic with CH is,  NOT WHO WE ARE !!!!!!.

4 and a half months does not mean you are chronic.  It means your cycle is lasting longer than usual, that's all.  Keep upping those seeds.  I've known those who've done more than 50.  Then re-dose after 4 or 5 days.

Linda
IP Logged

Kindness, is gladdening the hearts of those who are traveling the dark journey with us.
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 1:57am »

on Apr 6th, 2008, 7:34pm, kevmd wrote:

Sandy....Today is day 5.  This is the 3rd time doing it with 5 days between doses.  My wife didn't want  me to do it because I usually have a bad couple of days after a dose and because I have been pain free today so far (some shadows).    

Don't tell your wife that I said so (feel free to act like you're taking her advice next time Wink ) but she may be correct. All kidding aside, I think it's important to allow our supporters an active role in our treatment plans. They will certainly always be deeply involved in every failure we endure. They should be allowed the opportunity to be involved in any successes.

That said, at this point, you should be trying to extend the time between doses. Your description of the day's events following the doses is very typical of a pattern leading to breaking the cycle.
Be prepared to dose again if the cluster symptoms begin to escalate after day 5, but you may be upsetting the applecart needlessly by redosing too soon.  
You are still using very small doses and the advice to increase a bit is sound, if you need more doses.  
Some people do need to redose every 5 days with the seeds but you won't know that unless you test out how long a remission the last dose provides.
If you test out extending the time between doses and it proves to not be working, either up the dose and try again to extend, or get on a regular 5 day dose schedule.  
With the doses providing the relief you describe, don't just assume you need to stay on a 5 day course. The goal is to dose as few times as necessary to break the cycle (or maintain a pain-free state while still in cycle). This takes some testing on your part. You may endure an extra hit or two, but you may also find that the cycle will now fade away with the help of the previous doses.  
IMHO, treating a cycle with psychedelics is nothing like treating one with conventional meds. Conventional meds treat an attack or at best, treat a day's worth of attacks. Psychedelics seem to treat the entire cycle.

best of luck,
Bobw  
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Apr 7th, 2008, 10:52am »

Linda....check you PM's please

Bob...I can't admit to the wife that she is correct.  But I will try to extend the time this time around.  I did dose yesterday (5 days between) at about 6pm.  I stayed up til 1am waiting for the standard hit I get ususally up to 6 hours after dosing.  It never came and slept soundly through the night.  Woke up clear, had a few shadows but I essentially feel the same or a little better than the last couple of days.  
I will try to extend it this time but if you read some of my older posts, you can tell I am very impatient with dealing with these SOB's  but I am working on that.  I am trying to remain as pain free as possible.  My wife is due in less than 2 weeks and have little room for failure while expermenting.

Here is my question....what do you think of the success I am having while ON medication, verap, lithium.  Maybe it would be better without them in the system but I was surprised that it was working
IP Logged
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 3:43pm »

Kev,

I can't respond to your question about verap and lithium, but I do want to respond to your comment about being impatient in dealing with these SOB's.

Kev, as you have probably learned by now, there is no magic bullet that stops the hits, shadows, cycles in CH.  There is none that works 100%.

In using the seeds, you will still get hit, usually pretty darned hard, right after dosing.  Then, allow the seeds to do their work, and the hits will be fewer, and less intensive.  You need to put your "impatience" in a drawer and learn to ride them out a couple of times.  

I swear to you Kev, with no meds, whatsoever, using only the seeds, I have had astounding success in stopping cycles cold.  Yes, when I first began the seed regimine, I got some major hits right after dosing, and I rode them out with nothing but ice water at that time.  It was not fun or easy, but, after the second dose,5 days later, within 24 hours, the cycle was over - OVER, DONE, NADA.   That first week of pain was worth it since I have now been almost completely pain free for two years.  

Now, with my seeds in my arsenal, I also have oxygen.  I have found I need nothing else at this time.

Keep at it, Kev.

Wishing you luck

Sandy
IP Logged

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 7:13pm »

on Apr 7th, 2008, 10:52am, kevmd wrote:
 I am trying to remain as pain free as possible.  My wife is due in less than 2 weeks and have little room for failure while expermenting.

I hear ya. I understand it's a more stressful time than usual and the desire to eliminate every hit possible is important.  
Problem is.....you'll think it's even MORE important, in a couple weeks Wink
Best of luck with the impending new arrival. Hope all goes well.

Here is my question....what do you think of the success I am having while ON medication, verap, lithium.  Maybe it would be better without them in the system but I was surprised that it was working

I'm not surprised that you're getting some good results.
I'm also not surprised that you haven't yet broken the cycle. Could be the meds. Could be the low dose of seeds. Could be that the seeds just won't do it for you 100%.
I am glad you are getting the relief you are. It's got to make things a whole lot better in many ways, around the house at this time.  

I am trying to remain as pain free as possible.  

The most pain free you can become, is to break the cycle. Wink
We all have our own situations to consider and I understand and respect yours.  
When you feel you can give it a shot to break the cycle by making a couple adjustments, you may find that you can break the cycle pretty quickly rather than be "almost" pain free....for an extended period of time.

all the best in the future,
Bob
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
kevmd
New Board Veteran
USA 

« Reply #10 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 8:20pm »

Sandy........I started the seeds the wrong way from the begining.  I did not detox long enough and only waited 3 days between dosing.  Needless to say, I started getting hammered.  Thinking they would not work, I started my normal meds.  Within a  couple of days, I went on a 4 day pain free period.  So I started thinking the meds were going to do the trick until they came back.  SO I took a small dose and went back to some pain free time and have been going eveyr5 days while on meds

Bob...shortly after the baby is born (about a week), I will start tapering off my meds and give that a shot.  But then again, I hope this shit is over by then.  Speaking of high does, I did do a 60 seed dose that went right through me and proabaly didn' even stay in my system

thanks peeps.  I am grateful for your input
IP Logged
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #11 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 9:20pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

You have to be going to get a break here soon Kev. I will continue to keep you in my prayers! hug
IP Logged
debOUCH
New Board Veteran
USA 

..i think to myself, it's a wonderful world..

Email

« Reply #12 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 10:23pm »

This may be a stupid question, but what the heck are RC SEEDS??????? cant seem to figure it out?????????????????????
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

WWW Email

« Reply #13 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 11:07pm »

on Apr 8th, 2008, 8:20pm, kevmd wrote:
Bob...shortly after the baby is born (about a week), I will start tapering off my meds and give that a shot.  But then again, I hope this shit is over by then.  

I hope it's over by then too. You'll have plenty to keep you up at night.

be well, soon,
Bobw
IP Logged

[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
Gator
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer

« Reply #14 on: Apr 8th, 2008, 11:21pm »

on Apr 8th, 2008, 10:23pm, debOUCH wrote:
This may be a stupid question, but what the heck are RC SEEDS??????? cant seem to figure it out?????????????????????

Rivea Corymbosa seeds.  Check out http://www.clusterbusters.com/lsa.htm

IP Logged
seasonalboomer
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I think hard enough maybe it'll go away.....

« Reply #15 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 9:15am »

Count me as another RC seed success story. I had been due for a cycle for a month or two and finally on April 3rd got my first hit, after a run on a warm afternoon. Have had stray hits before so when I got hit on April 5th after red wine, I pretty much knew the "eagle had landed".

Took 25-30 seed dose on April 6th and then again 5 days later, as many have advised. Had a couple of "shadows" during the 5 day interval but not a thing since the 2nd dose. I've run, I've drank beer, wine, stayed up late, all the stuff that would, at this point be automatic triggers. Nothing.

Could be that I had only a couple of stray hits but for now I'm going with the idea that seeds did the deal.

Yay seeds!

Scott
IP Logged

-----------------------------------------------------
seasonal boomer
-----------------------------------------------------
MJ
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #16 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 11:47am »

on Apr 16th, 2008, 9:15am, seasonalboomer wrote:

Yay seeds!

Scott

Yay Scott!

MJ

IP Logged

MJ
Sandy_C
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Burn that bra!

Email

« Reply #17 on: Apr 16th, 2008, 1:12pm »

Ditto the YEA SEEDS!

Great news, Scott.

Kev, you are on the right track.  Keep going.  

BTW, have I missed a thread somewhere?  Is baby Kev here yet?

Sandy
IP Logged

And I'll be your friend
I'll help you carry on
For it won't be long
Till I'm gonna need
Somebody to lean on
beachmusic

Email

« Reply #18 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 6:59am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

I was wondering the same thing???  

Is baby Kev here yet? Keep up posted Kev...send pics!!!
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #19 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 10:57am »

on Apr 16th, 2008, 1:12pm, Sandy_C wrote:

BTW, have I missed a thread somewhere?  Is baby Kev here yet?

http://www.clusterheadaches.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;acti on=display;num=1208314397

YAY Kev, YAY Scott, YAY seeds and YAY baby!   Cheesy
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
thebbz
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Ow,Ow,Ow

Email

« Reply #20 on: Apr 17th, 2008, 2:03pm »

Baby's rock
thebb
IP Logged

It wasn't me I didn't do it
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #21 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 11:56am »

my cycle usually starts in june- i wanted to try the seeds-

i have a few  questions.
1- how do you prepare them?
 2- when should i start taking them?
 3- are rc seeds and hawiian woodrose seeds the same?
and if not which ones work better?

thanks-
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #22 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 12:02pm »

on Apr 20th, 2008, 11:56am, zapparulz wrote:
my cycle usually starts in june- i wanted to try the seeds-

i have a few  questions.
1- how do you prepare them?
 2- when should i start taking them?
 3- are rc seeds and hawiian woodrose seeds the same?
and if not which ones work better?

thanks-

Go here, and look at the LSA FAQ on the upper right of the page.
www.clusterbusters.com
There's one update to it:
Seeds only require soaking for 1 hour in water.  

RC and HBWR are essentially the same, but the HBWR are more potent, so fewer seeds are needed. They also have to be hulled, which is a PITA, LOL. I use RC because the can just be crushed whole.

Good luck, zappa ... and let us know how it goes.

modified to add:
My feeling is that you may want to dose once this month, and maybe again a few weeks later. Should the cycle start anyway, dose at the first signs. NOTE: I am not a dr or an expert, LOL. My answer is based on what I've read.  
« Last Edit: Apr 20th, 2008, 12:05pm by nani » IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
zapparulz
New Board Newbie
USA 

take an aspirin.....

« Reply #23 on: Apr 20th, 2008, 12:08pm »

but have you stayed at a holiday inn? Smiley

thanks man
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss