Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 4:07am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Does cigarette smoking trigger or affect your CH's »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Does cigarette smoking trigger or affect your CH's
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Does cigarette smoking trigger or affect your CH's  (Read 1210 times)
JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

Re: Does cigarette smoking trigger or affect your
« Reply #25 on: Feb 3rd, 2003, 12:54am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi Jim - so I pushed you buttons mate?  

I'm not being touchy. I was smiling when I wrote my responses  Cheesy  

I never said everyone should give up smoking.  

I said "I do agree that everyone should have the right and choice to smoke". To all those who find relaxation and pleasure from it, go for it. Just as long as you don't do it near me.

But, that does not stop me from thinking it's stupid though  Grin

My parents smoked, my grandparents smoked, all their friends and family smoked, everyone smoked back in the 50's and 60's. Adverts said it was good for you, even heart doctors endorsed it (paid by the likes of Philip Morris and co). Kids thought it was so cool to smoke, so I smoked too. What do you suppose changed between then and now?

I finally decided to quit when I had kids of my own and did not want to subject them to the image of me smoking. It was tough quitting but I'm glad I did and both my kids are grown up now and think its stupid too so it was worth it to me.

But hey guys, that's just my opinion, so if you want to smoke that's just fine by me, but just remember who the tobacco "pushers" making zillions from this addictive substance, and they are still pulling in more and more young people every day to replace the older guys who give up.

John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
RichE
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Feb 6th, 2003, 7:15pm »

I know my doctor has told me I should quit but I did that once and guess what? I ended up in a cycle 3 months later. It really sucked too. It was a bad one. Of course I was still married and well she was about as hepful as a beer in cycle. My doctor used to give me codine for the night headaches. Not that they really did much put knock mne out and take a little of the edge off. At any rate my ex used to eat them like candy and by the time I went tot take one they were history and I would have to go through half a week of CHs without any meds at all. It created a couple of discussions between y ex and. I started smoking again and have seen no change. I can't smoke while danicng with the beast but after it seems to help a little.
IP Logged
Lori
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #27 on: Feb 6th, 2003, 9:35pm »

I have to add my 2 cents worth because..I just quit smoking 4 1/2 weeks ago after 20 yrs of smoking (with the help of the patch). I don't know if it will help with my CH's, somehow I doubt it.  
PFDAN to you all..
IP Logged

Blessings and PFDAN,
Lori

Psalm 23:4 ~ Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
cluster0557
New Board Veteran

Migraines are bad. Clusters are Hell, I have both

bedazzled1051
Email

« Reply #28 on: Feb 6th, 2003, 10:26pm »

Lori,

Congrats on  quiting smoking. I know how hard it is. I did it about 1 yr ago.

I'm sorry to say it did nothing for me re:CH  

They are still with me about the same as they were before I quit.

Some people have told me that quiting has helped them so hang in there.

Hopefully some PFDAN  are in the future for you.
« Last Edit: Feb 7th, 2003, 10:03am by cluster0557 » IP Logged

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional

Life is too short so push thru the _amn pain.

Jim
das
New Board Junior

It's 2:22, make a wish.

« Reply #29 on: Feb 7th, 2003, 8:27am »

Hate to throw a stick in your spokes people, but smoking anything during a cycle for me = BAD NEWS !!

Cigarettes can bring on shadows and wacky tabachy can bring on a full on assault..

In the past, I would cease all smoking  during a cycle...

IP Logged
b.bop
New Board Newbie

*blergle*

Email

« Reply #30 on: Feb 9th, 2003, 4:03pm »

Hey das, looks like youre one of the few that experience the same as me when it comes to smoking and CH's. Thanks for getting back Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss