Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 4th, 2024, 2:17am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Valium treatment? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Valium treatment?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Valium treatment?  (Read 3954 times)
Eco_dork

Email

Valium treatment?
« on: Jan 27th, 2003, 3:42pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hello CHeads,

Been viewing the site for awhile...just registered.  23 yr-old male, been getting clusters since 17.  Seem to be on a 12-13 month cycle, but the last year has been different.  Usually start in mid-December but had one in late may.  Starting feeling CH pulses and shadows this december but just started getting full-blown, but fairly short-lived CH the past 1.5 weeks.
      I have tried a number of meds and none work.  After reading about Psilocybin, I realized there was a 1.5 yr period of remission and during that time I had taken mushrooms a couple of times...interesting correlation.
     I have a question...2 yrs ago I had an appointment with my old doc.  He was gone and his Physician's Assistant examined me and stated that his girlfriend got CHs.  He claimed that they found that a low milligram dose of Valium before bed during the season would stop the cycle.  
     I just got my hands on some 5mg Valium and was having a headache at 3 am and again at 8 am (this double headache thing is new).  Anyhow, tried what the PA said and I have had 0 CHs nor shadows since...but it has only been three days.

Q:  Has anyone else tried or heard of this?

I also want to add that usually after 2 alcoholic beverages I get a severe cluster...and during this "new treatment" I did drink guite a few one evening and didn't get a headache.
« Last Edit: Jan 27th, 2003, 3:48pm by Eco_dork » IP Logged
cbolony
New Board Newbie

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Valium treatment?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 4:58pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

eco alcoholic is one of the triggers of ch.if i have one
drink i get ch.do not drink in cycle.for your ch try
oxygen or imitrex injection should help you out.
IP Logged
Karla
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

One of Many and Never Alone - Join OUCH

Karlak_1313  
Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 9:13pm »

I took 5mg of valium along with vicodin and it did nothing for my pain.  I have never heard anyone mention valium as a helpful friend when it comes to relieving a cluster headache.  However, if you are getting relief go for it but be careful you don't get addicted or build up a tollerance.
IP Logged

Karla
suffer chronic ch
ch.com groupie since 1999
Proud Mom of Chris USMC Semper Fi
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 27th, 2003, 10:13pm »

While I sincerely believe that the CH affliction is immune to psychosomatic indentations perhaps the valium is easing your anxiety about a pending attack thus defraying it. I have never heard of Valium as a treatment but it may help relieve all the other associated symptoms. Anyway, if catching a chicken and licking a cold flag-pole work for you, I say ROLL with it.

nots
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
cootie
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

sumday I'm gonna be sumbody........ ..

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 28th, 2003, 12:26am »

At first b-4 we knew what Brad's head pain was the one earlier doc prescribed valium plus sinus meds......didn't work at all of course....plus he can't afford ta be so darn drousey from it in the mornin's and work around big dangerous presses daily. Pam
IP Logged

Cause and Effect......"Cause is the effect concealed, Effect is the cause revealed"

Eco_dork

Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 28th, 2003, 12:03pm »

so much for the valium treatment...got a full-blown cluster this morning at 7:10.  at least it kept the beast away for 4 days Embarassed
IP Logged
ami
New Board Newbie

ami manning

ami1inc   amilmanning
WWW Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 30th, 2003, 4:05pm »

Just an FYI. I was put on Xanex for my headaches for a long period of time -- similar reasoning...calm you down.. keep stress lower -- but I became severly addicted to them. I am still coming off all the narcotics that I've been on -- Xanex was the one I used most often... I would just be careful -- your tolerance builds up to where one won't work any longer -- and then you need two and so on and so on.. and then -- you're hooked.  

Not trying to scare you -- if it works for you - then great. I just thought I owed you a reply just to let you know what happened to me. Good luck with it! --
IP Logged

ami manning
Eco_dork

Email

« Reply #7 on: Jan 31st, 2003, 2:38pm »

I have quit the valium after the beast returned...why keep taking them when it obviously didn't work, right?

IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss