Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 12:27pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail?  (Read 1440 times)
Flash

Email

Re: What's your favorite preventative, or cocktail
« Reply #25 on: Oct 29th, 2003, 12:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

"how about loss of concentration, memory decay, personality problems, psychosis and schizofrenia??"  

Of the above only psychosis and schizofrenia are applicable to psliocybin.  However those dangers are only thought to afflict people with a predisposition to those particlular illnesses.  Unfortunately it's not always easy to tell who that is unless they have a history of problems.

Those good news is that those dangers do not apply at the doses required to prevent CH.  For example a recreational dose of liberty cap mushrooms involves a minimum of 24 caps.  In order to prevent CH I ingest a mere 6 caps once a year.  On the trip scale that ranges 1-5 my dose registers at less than 1.  In other words I may feel a mild buzz but I'm not tripping.

Tripping is analagous to drinking a bottle of spirits.  Do that often enough and you also risk psychosis et al.  Drink a single glass of red wine and most days you wont feel any effect.  Yet that single glass of red wine a day is reportedly a good way to prevent heart disease whereas the bottle of spirits is a good way to get heart disease.

That's why taking 6 shrooms once a year does me absolutely no harm, even though I have a MINOR history of mental illness (not exactly helped by CH).

Flash

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss