Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 7th, 2024, 10:49pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « New to this-- »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   New to this--
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: New to this--  (Read 457 times)
MillieMoer
New Board Newbie
USA 

do the possible-leave the impossible to God

MillieMoer   Ponotions1
Email

New to this--
« on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 12:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Huh I am in the beginning of a headache rite now, for the past 2 days, i have been having them ( i have been having them off and on for about 2 yrs) I have not had much reprieve in the last 2 days, I have been taking percocet for the pain, i get about a hour of reprieve. I also have a eye desease called MCP which is inflamation in all parts of the eye, which complicated the headaches. The MCP causes flare ups in my eye, so my eye will be red and just as painfull as the headache. (double whammy) I am in remission rite now for the eye(thank god) but I am not doing to good with the side of my face, in the temple area, and it is effecting my eye, and the area is hot, the only thing that helps (temperarly) so for, is cold compresses and percocet. My eye doc is the one who suggegested i have cluster headaches, although i have not been officially diagnosed or treated , i am now convinced (based on the readings and quizzes of this site) that i do have them. Millie
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Re: New to this--
« Reply #1 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 1:11pm »

Hi Millie. Glad you're here but sorry you had a reason to come looking.

You need to get a diagnoses to get started on a treatment for clusters. Go see your doctor and/neurologist.  

Percocet for the pain may dull it a little but most people find that pain killers are useless for clusters. Verapamil as a preventative and Imitrex for an abortive are very popular but there are many more drugs available. Click on the ‘medical info’ button on the left side of your screen, there’s some listed there.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
satkin
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #2 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 1:18pm »

Mine just started again as well..   I've been in remission for 2 years...  Now it's back and it happens once or twice everyday... Doctor has given me medication for pain but nothing to prevent this from happenning..  What is the best preventative ?
IP Logged
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #3 on: Nov 23rd, 2003, 1:39pm »

Welcome to the board.

On the left side of the screen click on the 'medical info' button. There is medicine information there.

Also click on the 'OUCH website' button, then select the Cluster Help button. More medicine help there.

Good luck.
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss