Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 5:03am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Double Barrel….will this be it? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Double Barrel….will this be it?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Double Barrel….will this be it?  (Read 819 times)
hootchdom
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Double Barrel….will this be it?
« on: Dec 5th, 2003, 5:48pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Saw the neurologist today had a frank discussion as to how none of the 18 prescriptions have helped so far and I’m at my wits end. I’m 20 weeks into this cycle, getting hit 6 times a day, 18-22 hours of sleep a week.    

Bottom line I convinced him to hit this damn cycle with everything I think he’s got (which hasn’t been much up till now).

This is what we are going to try starting today (the Lithium, Topo and Clomid I’m already on):

Prednisone – 100mg/day for 10 days taper down to 5mg, Lithium – 900mg/day, Diltiazem - (Calcium channel blocking agent) 240mg/day increasing 120mg/week, Topomax – (Anti Seizure) 200mg/day increasing 50mg every 2 days to 400mg/day, Lexapro – (SSRI) 20mg/day, Clomid – 50 mg/day, Melatonin – 10mg/day.

At least if it doesn’t break the cycle, maybe I can get some sleep. Anybody think of anything else I could mix in with this?

Buy the way, I ordered the spores and bags today. Should be grown by the time I find out if the above works or not. I’m bound and determined that I will hunt the BEAST down and I will face him and I will be victorious.

Pain Free days ahead
Hootchdom    
IP Logged
thomas

Email

Re: Double Barrel….will this be it?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 11:32am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Have you tried melatonin or a dhe iv treatment.  PFNAD wishes to you.
IP Logged
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

« Reply #2 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 7:10pm »

WOW,

That is a hell of a lot of Meds to be taking. I have seen a lot of different combos but that has got to be the most intense regiment I have heard of. That's just scary. I would get my hands on some shrooms and try that first!
IP Logged
BT

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 10:03pm »

Hootch man I feel for ya.

Really,I know oh so well the frustration you are in, but that many meds is gonna mess ya up.

Find some shrooms on the black market.They will work and without the side effects.I feel so bad for anyone suffering.I just got a nasty cycle to fade from 8 K10's a day to very lite stabing once a day with the shrooms.

Man I hope some fungi comes your way.

Peace BT
IP Logged
mmaya613
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #4 on: Dec 6th, 2003, 11:31pm »

I know where you're at man.  You're not alone!.  

Just coming out of 5 years PF.  Neuro put me on prdnisome 6 day taper.  Increased me to 240mg of Verapamil and 500mg Depakote.  This always ends a cycle for me.  And if it doesn't I have the Imitrex injectors, nasal spray, and 50 and 100mg pills.  

It is my belief that the beast hates the prednisone.  But, together with the depakote and verapamill,  the mf hits the high road back to hell.  Tell your doc you want to try depakpote.   Wink
IP Logged
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 12:57am »

on Dec 5th, 2003, 5:48pm, hootchdom wrote:
Prednisone – 100mg/day for 10 days taper down to 5mg, Lithium – 900mg/day, Diltiazem - (Calcium channel blocking agent) 240mg/day increasing 120mg/week, Topomax – (Anti Seizure) 200mg/day increasing 50mg every 2 days to 400mg/day, Lexapro – (SSRI) 20mg/day, Clomid – 50 mg/day, Melatonin – 10mg/day.

WOW.....we sure do live in a strange time. That list is legal and shrooms aren't.....(looks for a shaking head gif)
Don't know the dose of topamax you're on now but.....please take small pad of paper and keep notes of where you put the car keys (and parked the car) and hope you remember where you put the pad of paper.

Please taper that pred very slowly. If you don't, please ask your doc about an ACTH injection. You may need one anyway at that high of a dose..wow.  

best of luck. Hopefully the Christmas rush won't slow down the USPS.

PF
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 1:00am »

Try to try the shrooms.

You would not be very happy for a few weeks perhaps but it would get you further then these med's, I'm sure. And you will probably live longer too.

Read the link about psilocybe ... ehm .. psylocibe ... well, whatever, it's there somewhere.
IP Logged
hootchdom
New Board Junior
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 5:10am »

Hey guys,

Thanks for all the reply’s. I know its all one hell of a lot. It truly was a conscious  decision on my part. The damn beast was killing me. The shrooms are my option of choice, I have order the spores and growing bags (have had any luck with the street option, age and all lost all my contacts). Just had to put the beast at bay until the shrooms are ready.

Surprisingly I tolerate all of the meds pretty well, the only one that has been sending me for a loop has been the verapamil, it has been making me loopier than shit, have no ideal why. Tried it three times.

HEY, I HOPE YOU GUY ARE HERE IN 4-6 WEEKS WHEN I REALLY  NEED ADVICE WHEN I START THE REAL TREATMENT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hootchdom  
IP Logged
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 7th, 2003, 5:28am »

Well you sure can learn from our experience, that's for sure. If you're trying the shrooms: don't give up hope, and KEEP ON IT!!!

I hope within a few days I will be able to let you know that we've strangled our beast of burden foregood  Huh.

Good luck. I'm sure there are a lot of people here willing to give you good advice, and they will be here to support you when in doubt. Very important!
IP Logged
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #9 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 6:08pm »

Hootch--

it's x-mas time. Put up a damned address and see if a cluster-elf might mysteriously drop off an early gift. If I had extra gifts I would have just sent 'em and not posted this.  

Someone help this man out.
IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
jonny

Email

Re: Double Barrel?.will this be it?
« Reply #10 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 6:53pm »

on Dec 7th, 2003, 5:10am, hootchdom wrote:
the only one that has been sending me for a loop has been the verapamil, it has been making me loopier than shit, have no ideal why. Tried it three times.

Are you sure its the Verapamil dude?

Ive been taking 480 mgs everyday for 13 years and never had a side effect from it.

With all that your on how could you pinpoint Verapamil?

Hoping you get some PF time soon!

...................................jonny
IP Logged
Prense
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Kerry is an idiot!

Email

« Reply #11 on: Dec 8th, 2003, 7:27pm »

Amen with the verapamil...little light headed the first few days or so on it, but after that, I had no side effects...not even the constipation.  I've been on 480mg/day for 2 months now.

Chris
IP Logged

Where does the white go in a snowman when the snow melts?
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss