Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 24th, 2024, 6:56pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Cluster headache & complication »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2003
(Moderator: DJ)
   Cluster headache & complication
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Cluster headache & complication  (Read 1916 times)
Nimbus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Cluster headache & complication
« on: Dec 24th, 2003, 10:08pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi all.  
It's been a while since my last post.  Last time I posted I was in hell, so to speak.  Now I'm happy to report that I'm better.  My CH is gone for now (and hopefully for long).

What I want to know is if anyone else has gone through the same things as I.  Let me explain.
Last summer, I was in a horrible state.  My Ch just kept on getting worse and worse.  

I've had an attack in the (don't know how to say it in english, so let's just say...) peak of my cycle.  That one was particularly hard.  It was in the night around 2:00 am.  I steped up, totaly wet, half awakened, the head exploding at the end of a true nightmare.

For precision purpose only, I will depict the nighmare (even if it don't really matter.  You know how dreams can be).
It wasn't a nighmare until my CH started.  At this point, I was freezing.  Like in winter.  My first thought, even though it was summer and terribly hot, around 35 celcius outside, was "oh gods, my parrots will die! (I have three parrots)  It's winter and someone just left the door open! ".    
So I opened the eyes and saw this man dressed in winter outfit, at the foot of my bed.  He had a big knife (more like a long Ice pick) in the hand and was staring at me.  That's when my CH exploded.

After this, fully awakened, I spent about an hour cursing.  I was home alone and sad to be.

After that, things got worse.
I got into a severe drepression.  Non treated for two months, things evolved into pre-psychotics syndrome.
A doctor then signed me a vacation and began treatment.  Now I'm better.  But I was on the edge of losing my jobs, wife and home.  Now, to be honest, I truly fear the next cycle.  
And it seem that when I have a severe attack, I'm always doing nightmare of the same kind.  
I don't know of nobody who experienced the same thing but I would be glad to know that I'm not alone (and maybe that someone can give me advice for the next time???)

On a side note:  I use Oxygen, Immitrex (injection) and Isoptin.

IP Logged
Unsolved
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

I'm still alive ?

WWW Email

Re: Cluster headache & complication
« Reply #1 on: Dec 25th, 2003, 8:08pm »

Awe .... Anxiety. Waiting for 'the big one' and/or 'the next one'. We probably all go through a little of that around here. My advice to you is to enjoy your pain free time as much as possible. It could be alot worse (you could join the ranks of us chronics who don't get a break and haven't seen one in years).  
Again ... if your pain free now, ENJOY it while you can. Worryin' about it may just bring on your next bout !

Unsolved
 Grin
IP Logged

I need a fully automatic Imitrex injector
Nimbus
New Board Newbie
Canada 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Cluster headache & complication
« Reply #2 on: Dec 25th, 2003, 8:47pm »

Yep... In one word, anxiety.
I'm enjoying my PF, don't worry.  Thanks for the reply.   Smiley
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss