Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 7:02pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Putting together a list of things »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Putting together a list of things
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Putting together a list of things  (Read 1329 times)
bamjd
New Board Newbie
USA 

the cluster head from HELL

Email

Re: Putting together a list of things
« Reply #25 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 1:10am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

mega B stress timed release 3 a day. the ones i took were made by soloray. my demons stopped for almost 2 yrs but now they are back. i wonder if i got a bad batch or if it was just a coincidence. if the mega b stress helps anyone else let me know.  The only other thing to help me has been imitrex. Tongue Cry
IP Logged

May the best day of your past be the worst day of your future.
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 2:32am »

Thanks for the lists!

I'm busy constructing the access-database (just a simple one) in which I want to keep records, I´m thinking about the best model now, the comments, critics and notes helped a lot to get me thinking about that, so I hope I won´t have to readjust it once it´s ready. When it´s ready adding the records should be a piece of cake and once I´m busy doing THAT it´s just a matter of "let it grow ......".

I love this database stuff ...  Grin, I always figure, lots of info gives you even more info by looking at how much you got from a certain thing ....  

perhaps I would need some extra details here and there, but will do that in PM-form.

Greetings,

Hannah
IP Logged
juvy
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

Misplaced Texan

2487387 2487387    
WWW Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 5:56am »

on Jan 7th, 2004, 10:22am, HannahFroukje wrote:

If I may ask juvy, did you ever try drinking icy cold water yourself? Jos´s headaches are relieved by cooling them to almost freezing with ice packs, and he´s relieved a LOT by drinking ice-water (not just a few sips, but at least a whole cup at once, if he can stand it ...). Ever tried? Just curious.

Hannah

yes that and Ice cream works really well, may I ask, Where in Holland are you?  I'm in Den Haag.

~juvy
IP Logged

Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 8:45am »

Streneous exercise at onset of an attack.  Aborted 60+ attacks in a row, within 10 minutes.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #29 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 8:57am »

on Jan 8th, 2004, 8:45am, Bob P wrote:
Streneous exercise at onset of an attack.  Aborted 60+ attacks in a row, within 10 minutes.

Do you find that the sooner you catch it the quicker you abort it? I do. I used to go outside and run, but now I have a routine I like even better. I go to the kitchen drink some cold water, go to the basement and do squats and rows until I'm out of breath. While I'm catching my breath I go to the kitchen and drink some cold water, then go to the basement do some squats and rows... I find it also keeps the level of the pain down.

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #30 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 10:06am »

Curtis,

I went with the squats.  I figured the thighs were some of the biggest muscles in the body and working them would also direct blood away from the head.

I wake up with an attack starting, grab a tab of cafergot and immediately start doing squats.  I do them till my thighs are buring and I'm really huffing and puffing.  Then I sit down with an ice pack on the back of my neck and breath deeply.  HA gone in 5-10 minutes.

Last cluster I found O2.  Being old and lazy, I dropped the squats and just hit the O2.  Worked just as well.

With the exercise I wonder if it's a release of endorphins, redirection of blood flow or raising the O2 in the blood from the deep breathing, or a combination of them all.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2004, 10:07am by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
HannahFroukje
New Board Veteran
Netherlands 

Let's try and find some ANSWERS!

Email

« Reply #31 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 10:08am »

on Jan 8th, 2004, 5:56am, juvy wrote:

yes that and Ice cream works really well, may I ask, Where in Holland are you?  I'm in Den Haag.
~juvy

Grin Grin Grin Hee hee, I didn't even notice you were Dutch .... I'm in Apeldoorn ..... Cool
IP Logged
BlueMeanie

Email

« Reply #32 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 12:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Other than the abortive meds, ie. (Imitrex & Amerge), ICE & RUNNING in place ease the pain. Nothing else works for me.
IP Logged
amen
New Board Veteran
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jan 8th, 2004, 3:31pm »

I forgot to add in my last post, fiorinal helped me also.  I hear it doesn't work for most but it worked for me.  It didn't wipe them out completely but it cut the intensity and the duration about 50%.  Enough to make them tolerable.  I had the fiorinal without codeine.  Problem is, it can be habbit forming which is why I tried the "Cranial Sacral Massage".  I didn't want to take the fiorinal for too long.  Plus I only took about half of what I was prescribed.
Andrea
IP Logged
henzey
New Board Junior
USA 

civics queen who beats the beast most of the time

« Reply #34 on: Jan 13th, 2004, 11:07pm »

Hey, I have not tried alot of things on your list, but here's what I have tried over 22 years that had some impact.
Melatonin:  actually had a negative reaction to 1.2 mg per day....made headaches worse, but think this may have been due to having high levels of iron at the time (but didn't know it), which impacts melatonin levels.
Magnesium:  500mg supplement did seem to help with daytime headaches
Vitamin C:  I have noticed that certain juices with this vitamin can make headaches worse, such as orange juice.
Compression of carotid artery:  I can sometimes prevent a full-blown headache by compressing the artery on the side where I have the headache just below my jaw.  However, my neuro does not really like me doing this....I guess she's afraid that I am cutting off blood to my brain!  However, this also can make the headaches worse if I wait too late to do this!
Fish oils:  I take these daily all the time for dry eyes and do not notice any impact on headaches at all
Tea:  Drinking tea actually helps me more than coffee, but usually have one cup of coffee in a.m. and 2 cups of tea during the afternoon.  This routine does seem to keep me from having afternoon headaches or assures that they are not severe.
Aged cheeses:  Overly cheesy foods can be a trigger, especially those with cheddar cheese.
Alcohol:  Cannot have ANY alcoholic beverage during an episode...not beer, not anything. A definite trigger.  But, not drinking it will not prevent clusters.
Second-hand smoke:  Being around either heavy cigarette smoke or fireplace smoke can trigger a headache.

IP Logged

civics queen CHead
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss