Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 2:01pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Another thread about shrooms.(Update) »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Another thread about shrooms.(Update)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Another thread about shrooms.(Update)  (Read 1831 times)
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

Another thread about shrooms.(Update)
« on: Jan 12th, 2004, 6:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi everyone,

Ok, I have my shrooms.  But here's the deal: I don't have my scale yet so I have no clue how many grams were sent or how to measure how a dosage.  So until my scale comes, what is the best way to store these shrooms?  They are currently just in a zip-lock bag.  How long will they last?

Thanks,
Virginia
« Last Edit: Jan 22nd, 2004, 5:16pm by Virginia » IP Logged

The Clusterhead formerly known as 9erfan.
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

Re: Another thread about shrooms....
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 7:44pm »

Hi Virginia,

Your quantity is probably fairly small so I would just buy a bag of desiccant from one of those mailbox/shipping places (small bag--like a tea bag size). Place the desiccant into the zip lock with the mushies and that into a paper bag.  Use a quality zippy bag like a freezer bag. Place in a cool, dry place.  Long term storage another matter.

Be sure to weigh them before dosing--I found the difference between 1.7 grams and 2.0 was a Mars launch and not a pleasant experience.

Wishing you the best of luck.

Tongue
IP Logged
Giovanni
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Email

« Reply #2 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 7:47pm »

Oh yes, the experts will answer the question on dosage.  I would recommend a small first time dosage myself.....

Grin
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #3 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 8:12pm »

on Jan 12th, 2004, 7:44pm, Giovanni wrote:
Hi Virginia,

Your quantity is probably fairly small so I would just buy a bag of desiccant from one of those mailbox/shipping places (small bag--like a tea bag size). Place the desiccant into the zip lock with the mushies and that into a paper bag.  Use a quality zippy bag like a freezer bag. Place in a cool, dry place.  Long term storage another matter.

Tongue

Thanks John, but what's desiccant??
IP Logged

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #4 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 8:35pm »

Hey V....glad you finally got some!!  I store mine in a ziplock....press all the air out of it, then wrap it in foil.  You probably don't need the dessicant, whoever dried them, probably dried them very good.  But, you can always go buy some beef jerky....a little package of dessicant is always in there, or any vitamin bottle.  I use the foil to keep out the light.  

The first 7 or 8 times I dosed, I didn't have a scale.  I just used about 3/4 of a tablespoon.  But, I was pretty desperate.  If your head is good, and you're not in a hurry....then you might want to wait on your scale.  With the tablespoon measurement.....well, that was my little Woodstock adventure...... Tongue.

Thank you for the package sweetie.....it was waiting on me when I got home yesterday..... Kiss
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #5 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 9:05pm »

on Jan 12th, 2004, 8:35pm, Roxy wrote:
Hey V....glad you finally got some!!    But, you can always go buy some beef jerky....a little package of dessicant is always in there, or any vitamin bottle.    Kiss

Oh, I know what that stuff is...

Quote:

The first 7 or 8 times I dosed, I didn't have a scale.  I just used about 3/4 of a tablespoon.  

Was that after you ground it up??

Your welcome!  I can't believe it took that long to get there...that's Virginia Beach for you!
IP Logged

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #6 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 9:33pm »

That was after I took the coffee grinder to it....yep.... Smiley  It worked pretty good, it was Mast's advice on how much to take.  

BTW:  V....please email me your phone numbers again.  My cell phone is somewhere in the wilds of Iowa..... Cry......and, it had all my numbers stored on it.
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

« Reply #7 on: Jan 12th, 2004, 11:20pm »

Hi Virginia,

I am assuming that what your friend sent you has already been dried. They should be cracker crisp. If this is the case just squeeze the air out of the baggie and keep in a cool dark place. I like to put the baggie in an airtight jar as well. If this is a small amount that won't be around for long then they should be fine in the baggie.

Does your friend know what the total weight was? If you know that you can divide it into equal portions and come fairly close to what you want. I would suggest 1 gm for your first dose. Like Tracey suggested, if you can wait until your scale arrives it's best to know for sure how much you are taking.

Good luck and keep us updated
« Last Edit: Jan 13th, 2004, 12:06am by Flounder » IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #8 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 3:00pm »

I just checked the UPS website.  My scale is due to arrive on Friday.

I have stuff to do all day Sat, so I'm thinking I will dose for the first time on Sunday.  Is this going to enhance or distract from my NFL playoffs?  I haven't decided if I'm doing the tea or just eating them raw.  Aren't they just as gross either way?

V.
IP Logged

Flash

Email

« Reply #9 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 5:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

they have less of a flatulance problem if you do the tea correctly.  remember to strain out the shrooms and don't boil anything or overcook
IP Logged
eyes_afire
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #10 on: Jan 14th, 2004, 6:53pm »

I agree with Flash.  If you do the tea right, it's great.  No stomach problems and you can mask the taste.  Personally, I can't imagine just eating them, and I don't want to risk the upset stomach.  I highly recommend the tea.

Whether it will enhance or distract from NFL playoffs is largely dependent upon how big a dose and your watching preferences.  For my first dose, I was watching NFL films.  My first dose was... rather large, and now I'll never view NFL films the same way again LMMFAO.  The dose MAY enhance the beauty of the NFL, but if you take a large dose (or are sensitive to it) you may not be able to comprehend what you're watching to your satisfaction as a football fan and it may prove to be an irritating distraction.  It's entirely up to you.

Good luck, hopefully this will give you some relief.

--- Steve
IP Logged

Still around... in a brand new world now...
ave
New Board Hall of Famer
Netherlands 

She is beside herself; her favourite position

« Reply #11 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 7:12am »

Virginia, a very cheap desiccant (as long as you avoid direct contact) is cat litter. They also sell the stuff in craft shops to dry flowers with.

One way of masking the taste is chilling the tea before drinking. Worked fine for me.

Best of luck to you this try!

IP Logged

There is a break in reality. Do not adjust your mind.
jminmilwaukee
New Board Old Timer

« Reply #12 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 9:45am »

You c an always go to your local MART store and pick up some Damp Rid. Again, make sure there is no contact as it is poison.
IP Logged
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #13 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 12:12pm »

Thanks for all the advice.

You've convinced me to go with the tea.   Counting down the days 'till Sunday.   Shocked
IP Logged

Tiannia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Life does not apologies......

Tiannia_L  
Email

« Reply #14 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 3:14pm »

Good Luck Virginia - I hope it works for you.

Tia
IP Logged

The curious paradox is that when I accept myself just as I am, then I can change. - Carl Rogers
beepbeep
New Board Newbie
USA 

Everyday the devil comes to visit me since 2/02

Email

« Reply #15 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 3:36pm »

I haven't tripped in years.  I massed emailed some people in my area and one responded by telling me about shrooms.  I am 42 now and haven't tripped for a very long time.  Especially without alcohol chaser.  I am a chronic clusterhead about 2 years in  it.  I get breaks like a day or two otherwise it is constant.  Does it work with Chronics?  How hard do you have to trip.  My mind is a little more complex than when I was young i.e. responcibiity, guilt, legal issue, etc.
« Last Edit: Jan 15th, 2004, 3:38pm by beepbeep » IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #16 on: Jan 15th, 2004, 5:52pm »

mmcadam -  

Shrooms work for chronics, but it’s more difficult. You don’t have to trip hard, but you may have to take several doses, spaced at least four or five days apart. And some meds will interfere with the shrooms, include Imitrex and the other triptans, prednisone, ergotamines, and maybe opiate painkillers.  

The shrooms will often knock out the beast initially, but there may be additional attacks, often shorter and less intense, so it’s best if you can get by on O2 and maybe verapamil, and whatever other non-med treatments work for you.

Look down the message board for the “Updates on Psilocybin Research???” thread for some recent accounts of the treatment. One hardcore chronic found relief, but it was quite a rollercoaster ride: a couple days pain free, then the beast would return.  Another gave it up after a good try.  A rough count of cases I’ve heard of shows it has worked for over 60 percent of chronics.  

Check out: www.clusterbusters.com

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #17 on: Jan 16th, 2004, 10:14am »

on Jan 14th, 2004, 5:29pm, Flash wrote:
they have less of a flatulance problem if you do the tea correctly.  remember to strain out the shrooms and don't boil anything or overcook

Since when is flatulance a problem?  For Hub, it's one of the great joys in life!
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
notseinfeld
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Enough is Enough.        Vote Libertarian

krilldocument  
WWW Email

« Reply #18 on: Jan 16th, 2004, 1:15pm »

mmcadam---

I'm 35 and chronic as well in similar one day pattern breaks as you have. I tried the shrooms 2 years ago (roughly) and had complete remission for 5 or 6 days and then back to the starting block. After 4+ pretty decent trips, it was all I could handle. Nothing before and nothing since has worked so convincingly as the shrooms. I'm gearing up now for another stab at it at the end of February.  

Hear ye, hear ye---If I, at my age and with my issues can handle the voyage, anyone can. Including you. I took 2.5g dried or better for each dose. It was a lot I realize and I seem particularly sensitive to its effect. Working w/the Pink One for a combo that'll save me from getting on Lithium.  

BTW: best piece of literature I've ever read is called 'the psilocybin solution.'  It's a fantastic place to get an understanding (chapter 5) of what's going on and why, by all accounts, it should help.  

IP Logged

-----------Democracy is three wolves and a sheep voting on what's for dinner. ---------------------
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #19 on: Jan 17th, 2004, 5:31pm »

Hey V, I know tomorrow is the big day.  Just want you to know I'm thinking about you.....and my cell will be by my side all day.  Stick my damn number on speed dial if ya need to.   Kiss  

Don't get all bent about doing it.....if I can do it...anyone can..... Grin.
IP Logged

Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

« Reply #20 on: Jan 18th, 2004, 8:03pm »

ROTFLMFAO.......... Grin

Just got a call from Virginia, she was one hour into her dose.  Sounds like she hit the perfect dose.  She said it felt like she had smoked a joint had a few beers.  Good case of the giggles going on, with lethargic limbs and a raging case of the munchies.  She wasn't sure she had dosed heavy enough, but it sounded pretty good to me.

Actually it was pretty funny listening to someone who is dosing.....now, I know I don't giggle that much....LOL.

Hope it kicks it's ass V......  Smiley
IP Logged

JohnM
New Board Hall of Famer
South_Africa 

Detox believer

« Reply #21 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 3:01am »

I really hope it worked for you Virginia, you have been suffering for so long with this horrible pain and you deserve some respite from it. I am PF again myself and it is a wonderful feeling. Hope you get to enjoy some too!

good luck
John
IP Logged

Moderation in everything; including moderation!
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #22 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 2:29pm »

Ok, here's my update.

I dosed yesterday with exactly 1 gram at around 3:15 in the afternoon.
It's true, I did get quite giggly.  I also had a hard time finishing sentences (hey, I thought that was an effect of Topomax  laugh).

Around 5pm I was getting a little bit of a shadow but nothing ever came of it and it was gone in 5 mins.  I was suppose to get a ha at 7pm.  I didn't get that one.  Then at 10pm I got about a KIP 6 which lasted for about 1/2 hour.  Then I went to sleep.  I woke up at 4:30 am with a 3 and went back to sleep about 20 mins later.  Today I am very groggy & I've been kinda shadowing most of the morning.

It looks like I only have 1 more gram left from what was sent to me.  Maybe I'll try that Friday night.

I'll keep you posted on my head.
IP Logged

Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #23 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 6:29pm »

on Jan 19th, 2004, 2:29pm, 9erfan wrote:
 Today I am very groggy & I've been kinda shadowing most of the morning.

It looks like I only have 1 more gram left from what was sent to me.  Maybe I'll try that Friday night.

I'll keep you posted on my head.

Sounds like 1g is just about right for you.  
Did you use tea with vit. C added?

take some vit. C, B2, B12 and an aspirin...should take care of that groggy, achy feeling.

Or you could just wash down an aspirin with a can of Red Bull.

Good Luck!
Don't let a stray attack discourage you, especially if they continue as less frequent and less intense than before the dose.  

PF
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Virginia
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

v49acosta  

« Reply #24 on: Jan 19th, 2004, 7:37pm »

OMG Pink, you were RIGHT!  I just ran across the street and got a Red Bull and washed down 2 Excedrins with it.  I feel a 100% better.   Cheesy  

And yes, I did do the tea with vitamin C.  My tea didn't taste bad at all 'cause I used a flavored tea bag. Wink

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss