Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 21st, 2024, 6:04pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Connection: intelligence? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Connection: intelligence?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Connection: intelligence?  (Read 4063 times)
brad267
New Board Veteran
USA 

Email

Re: Connection: intelligence?
« Reply #25 on: Jan 24th, 2004, 4:50pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Not that I'm buying any of this......  but, y'all seem like "Right Brained Geniuses....."

Perhaps, it's not the high intelligence that makes us prone to CH, but "Left Brained Doltedness?"

In good humor,
Brad
IP Logged

-- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001), "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
LSUnut
New Board Newbie

"Evil will always win because good is dumb!!!"

Email

« Reply #26 on: Jan 26th, 2004, 12:46am »

Quote:
Not that I'm buying any of this......  but, y'all seem like "Right Brained Geniuses....."  

Perhaps, it's not the high intelligence that makes us prone to CH, but "Left Brained Doltedness?"  

But then which sided sufferer would that make us, right from overuse or left because of idle decay?  And why don't we all suffer on the same side?  It is a curious question, though, perhaps a link between which side of our brains we use most and on which side our HA's occur.  Are there any ambidextrous CHers out there with HA's that frequently alternate from side to side?  

BTW, I know some CHers suffer on alternating sides, I'm just joking at the thought  Grin.
IP Logged

Whoever said the fear of death is worse than death itself, obviously never suffered from cluster headaches!!!
HypnoticFreddy

Email

« Reply #27 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 11:14am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

As a PhD.....I know something that many make false assumptions. The D......sometimes does stand for dummy. Having a PhD does NOT mean you are intelligent. In my case it meant I could withstand torture for 6 straight years right out of college (chemistry).

As for Pi. Darren Arronsky is THE most brilliant filmmaker I have ever seen. Besides Pi check out Requiem for a Dream. It is dark, disturbing, and stars Jennifer Connelly (yum yum). But...if you can look beyond the plot (addiction......drugs, tv, food, etc.), you will see the best screenplay or storyboards that have ever been put on film (in my opinion).

In Pi, I do believe the main character had clusterheadaches, no doubt.

-Fred
IP Logged
CJohnson
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Cannot kill the family, Battery is found in me

Email

« Reply #28 on: Jan 27th, 2004, 11:27am »

Interview conducted by Ruby Rich from Inview.Kqed.Org concerning Darren Aronofsky's "Requiem For A Dream" and "Pi".

B. Ruby Rich (Ruby): I think you really put people into the space of, well, of somebody with a migraine headache. You know, how do you get there? Do you get migraines?  

Darren Aronofsky (DA): No, a friend of mine who was a really talented actress, her career was basically devastated by her migraines, and I never realized they were so debilitating and I started talking to her and she, I started seeing artwork that came from, that migraine sufferers drew of their migraine attacks and it was exactly the type of things we were talking about, like the hand of god reaching down and pulling out a chunk of brain.  

http://aronofksy.tripod.com/interview20.html

PFDANs
-Curtis
IP Logged

Through water and fire. From the lowest dungeon to the highest peak, I fought the Beast. Until at last, I threw down my enemy and smote his ruin upon the mountainside.
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss