Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 25th, 2024, 9:34am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Request Sansert Info »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   Request Sansert Info
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Request Sansert Info  (Read 469 times)
beasley
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

Request Sansert Info
« on: Dec 1st, 2004, 7:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

My Nero is adding a drug named Sansert to my regiment of Verapamil and Lithium. I have not seen many people talk about this drug around here. I was wondering if anyone is/has taken this drug?  Anyone have any success – major side effects? I had to order it from Canada – not available in the US, I’m not sure why.  

Thanks,
Jerry
IP Logged
LeLimey
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Great_Britain 

OUCH-US - Less "ME" and more "WE"

lelimey  
WWW Email

Re: Request Sansert Info
« Reply #1 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 8:06pm »

Hi, nice to meet you! I have just read a post on the "Getting to know you" page by Rod _V_devil where he said sansert is no longer available in the US which might explain why you have had to order it from Canada.
Hope this helps a bit, you might want to check out some of the other replies on that post.
Take care
Helen
IP Logged

The arsehole I'm divorcing needs to get a life and stop stalking mine

unsolved1

Email

« Reply #2 on: Dec 1st, 2004, 9:44pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

My local doc also mentioned Sansert a few months back but we didn't go that route (again). He had no idea if Sansert had been pulled off the market. I've heard many here say that it is not available. I'll ask Dr. Diamond when I talk to her.

Goodluck,

If you can get it ... I hope it helps you

Would also be interested in knowing if you get it or not. Please post.

Unsolved
IP Logged
Racer1_NC
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Beeeyul the Cat"

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:51am »

I took Sansert for just shy of 4 months. I'm convinced it broke a tough cycle.  

Rule #1 : VERY IMPORTANT!!  Do not take Sansert for longer than 6 months at a time.

Rule #2 : Know that this drug can have some bad side effects.  

Rule #3 : Take the lowest dose that is effective. Taper down as soon as you can.

If you have a REAL pharmacy in your town, they can make it for you. (CVS and Walmart are not examples of a real pharmacy)  

Do your research, only you can decide if the chance of being PF is worth the risks. It was for me. I'll take it again if I have to.

Here is one web page of info on Sansert, there are many others. Google it.
http://www.migraines.org/treatment/tsmthysr.htm

PM me if you want to discuss it further.

Bill
IP Logged

"Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometime."

Eventus stultorum magister.
unsolved1

Email

« Reply #4 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:29pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

If Sansert is legal in the US, this place can get it or make it for you. You can call them and ask about it. If available, you can mail in you presciption and they'll fill it and mail the meds to you. (note: Schedule II narcotics cannot be mailed)

Pharmacy Solutions
5204 Jackson Road Suite C
Ann Arbor, MI. 48103
Phone (734) 821 - 8000
FAX     (734) 812 - 8001

Unsolved
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:35pm »

Sansert is a kissing cousin to LSD.

I took it once near the end of a cluster.  I felt like I was on the down elevator all day and my cycle was winding down so I quit taking it.

Post above is correct.  Not more than 6 months or you risk forming fiberous bands on heart, kidneys, etc.  Bad stuff!  If you're episodic and only going to use it for a month or two, it should be no problem.

http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic3/sansert.htm
« Last Edit: Dec 2nd, 2004, 12:39pm by Bob P » IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
beasley
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #6 on: Dec 2nd, 2004, 1:36pm »

Wow thanks for all the great replies!  

I have ordered it online from Canada at Americanameds.com. My Nero did warn me that we would be using this drug just for the short term and that it could not be used as a true preventative drug. He also warned me about the wide variety of side effects that I may have however, he did say that most of the time they go away after 3 or 4 day’s. I will see if he is correct. I have been fairly drug tolerant except for Topomax which really gave me ADD  Smiley

I’m a little disappointed that this cycle is being so stubborn – I had been having great results this year with the Verapamil and Lithium combination. Hopefully it’s not losing it’s effectiveness on me.

Thanks,

Jerry
IP Logged
beasley
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Newbie
USA 

« Reply #7 on: Dec 17th, 2004, 5:20pm »

I’m not sure if it is a coincidence or not but 1 week after adding Sansert to my medication regiment I have been pain free for about 5 day’s in a row . That has not happened since September. Could be that my cycle just ended on its own. Either way I’ll take it.

Jerry
IP Logged
clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #8 on: Dec 22nd, 2004, 11:25am »

I took it, under the name methysergide, and I really didn't like the way it made me feel.  Won't take it again if I don't have too.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss