Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 19th, 2024, 8:51pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « what went wrong? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2004
(Moderator: DJ)
   what went wrong?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: what went wrong?  (Read 604 times)
maryo
New Board Junior
USA 

Johnny & Roy puzzle where to apply the O2 mask

what went wrong?
« on: Dec 15th, 2004, 8:35pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Inspired by others' success, I tried the psilocybin treatment.  I was not real thrilled to be taking this route but I figure hey, it's worth the risk.  I got pretty stoned but did not hallucinate.  That night I had a record number of headaches, and during the day I've had a pretty intense shadow.

Any advice or explanations would be appreciated.

maryo Huh
IP Logged
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

Re: what went wrong?
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15th, 2004, 9:33pm »

Things often get worse before they get better.  A lot of people have reported that their head was worse for a while after dosing, only to have the headaches vanish soon after.  Others need to keep dosing several times. It can be tough to break a cycle, but worth it if it works.

Good Luck.

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
Biker
New Board Old Timer
USA 

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #2 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:57am »

I had strong shadows following my first dose, then CH days and nights afterward.  7 days later, I dosed again.   I still get shadows, and real mild ch, but nothing to complain about.  I kinda figure to call it pain free actually.  Whenever I do get the comming of a shadow, just a few good hits of oxygen gets rid of it.  Next time the monster enters my head, I have something waiting for it.  Keep hoping for good results.  I hope you finially beat the beast.   From what I have read, it takes some folks several dosings to kill that monster.
IP Logged

Ride it like ya stole it.
Flash

Email

« Reply #3 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 6:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Dec 15th, 2004, 8:35pm, maryo wrote:
Inspired by others' success, I tried the psilocybin treatment.  I was not real thrilled to be taking this route but I figure hey, it's worth the risk.  I got pretty stoned but did not hallucinate.  That night I had a record number of headaches, and during the day I've had a pretty intense shadow.

Any advice or explanations would be appreciated.

maryo Huh

This is normal.  The latest info we have is that taking certain hallucinogenic drugs actually causes the brain to increase the number of serotonin uptake points.  The process takes several days after the treatment has worn off.  So the treatment is dual action, the shrooms will temp relieve any existing headache, then a couple fo days later things usually improve.  In between there can be quite a lot of disruption and things may even get significantly worse.  This treatment is not always a one hit wonder.  Most people require several attempts to sort themselves out.

Are you taking any other medications?

From your description of the side effects it sounds like you took quite a small dose - that's OK BTW.  It might be worth starting a sip regime where you take at least 1 small dose every day for a couple of weeks, bedtime is best.

Now that you have chosen to embark on this path then be sure and make a good attempt at it.  That means detox, and knuckle down for several doses and potentially a bit of disruption.

IP Logged
maryo
New Board Junior
USA 

Johnny & Roy puzzle where to apply the O2 mask

Tha
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 8:44am »

Thanks for the sympathy and advice.

I did prepare for the treatment with a 7-day detox -- only used oxygen for the headaches.

Even though I am a child of the 70s, the mushroom experience was very, very, very unpleasant for me, at least for the first couple of hours when I felt sure I should go to the ER.  I was extremely stoned, plus nauseous and panicky.  I'll wait and see for a few days what happens before I dose again.  

maryo
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #5 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 9:40am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

OK best thing to do then is the sip approach.  The sip approach uses such small doses that there are no noticable side effects.  You can use anything between 1/8th g dried cubensis up to 1/2 g dried cubensis, 1 - 3 times each day.  

Initially start taking 1/8th g every day at bedtime and see how it goes.  Believe me there will be no noticable effects.  Try this for a week, note down what effect it's had on your headaches and we'll take it from there.

IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #6 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 11:09am »

D had h/a activity after his first 2 doses . .then they faded away.  He also has a strong dislike for the 'sick' feeling.  We have found a couple of things that really help.  He takes Slippery Elm Bark for the tummy issues, Skullcap for the anxiety, and using the 'tea' method vs eating the 'flesh' has also helped.  His last maint dose went very well.  
*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
vig
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

CHit Happens

alongivsiuolluap
WWW Email

« Reply #7 on: Dec 16th, 2004, 12:19pm »

I almost EXPECT an attack at the end of a dose.
IP Logged

never, Never, NEVER quit. -Winston Churchill
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss