Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 3rd, 2024, 10:44pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « no longer chronic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   no longer chronic
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: no longer chronic  (Read 23678 times)
Flounder
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Veteran
USA 

sing sweet songs to rock my soul

Re: no longer chronic
« Reply #175 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 9:53am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Quote:
Tried the shrooms 10 days ago for the first time and have been PF since.  Prior to that, non-stop cycle for 6 months, with at least 2 hits a day.    

Can I get excited now?

We'll submit your request to get excited when the board reconvenes. Unfortunately there are several submissions of excitedness ahead of yours on the agenda and this may create a quagmire.

In the meantime I'll be excited for you Langa.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Last Edit: Feb 8th, 2005, 9:55am by Flounder » IP Logged
Langa
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

So many donuts, such little time...

« Reply #176 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 9:59am »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 9:53am, Flounder wrote:

We'll submit your request to get excited when the board reconvenes. Unfortunately there are several submissions of excitedness ahead of yours on the agenda and this may create a quagmire.

In the meantime I'll be excited for you Langa.

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay, I'll wait-LOL...in the meantime, i'm doing the happy dance...

shore
IP Logged

When you saw only one set of footprints, it was then that I carried you.
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #177 on: Feb 8th, 2005, 10:43am »

on Feb 8th, 2005, 9:30am, cat14 wrote:
Anyone know long term affects with doing shrooms? If any for us chronics, thinking of going that route soon here maybe?

Well as far as studies on toxicity, most were done prior to or in the early sixties and it was found to be very safe from a toxicology point of view. More importantly, (to me) this drug has been used for centuries and widely used for the past 40 years. In my opinion, if it caused problems, they would be well known by now.

The only catch is psychological health. People with...well, mental problems...are more likely to manifest psychological problems. This probably wouldn't even be a factor at the small doses used for CH.  

I'd say the biggest long-term effect would be the legal risk. I think it's a small, well justified risk, but it is what makes shrooms somewhat dangerous to a CHer (hey, now's a good time to read my signature)

The point: Far safer than most drugs used for CH except for legal risks.

Good Luck. One long term effect could be no more CH!

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

what doesn't kill me makes me stronger

Email

« Reply #178 on: Feb 10th, 2005, 11:11am »

Langa:  *YAY* and *happy dance*  (i'll be excited, along with flounder, for you!)

Cat . . .Dr. Sewell (Harvard) was actually discussing the side effects too . .. and he found nothing to indicate any problems.  The question came up due to a concern about sperm health.  

JJA, I would agree . . .The best side-effect is being p/f and enjoying life again!

38 WEEKS  PAIN FREE
(2 doses to break the chronic cycle, preventative doses every 2 to 3 months)

*positive light and energy*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #179 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 10:35am »

*YAY* Kim Grin

WooHoo to you too Langa.  Hope you're still PF.

-Lee
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #180 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 10:53am »

on Feb 10th, 2005, 11:11am, miapet wrote:

Dr. Sewell (Harvard) was actually discussing the side effects too . .. and he found nothing to indicate any problems.  The question came up due to a concern about sperm health.  

Just got that info....the big selling point for a newlywed who is trying to break cycle or thinking about starting a family soon.....

Glad it continues and awesome news for the rest who are following the lead....

Best!!

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Netherlands 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #181 on: Feb 11th, 2005, 11:19am »

Eric,
I know you consider the risk of this treatment to be to high because of its legal status but having open minded sperm seems a small price to pay.  Roll Eyes
IP Logged
Friend
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #182 on: Feb 13th, 2005, 11:12pm »

I am new to the board and think its great you are pain free!!  I get the headaches for about 3 months a year.  I was reading the site because I would rather never get them.  I am just glad to hear all is well and for such a long time!!  Angela
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #183 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 10:30am »

Eric . . .glad you're considering now  .. .hope the news eases lil-jo's mind *smiles*

Friend . . .check out www.clusterbusters.com there is a lot of good info.  D has not had a single CH since breaking his chronic cycle.

miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #184 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 6:28pm »

Glad all continue to be PF!!!

I'm considering it!!

Got my a$$ kicked this morning just as I was walking into my first case........

The father looked at me and knew..tells me take as long as you need!....Wish all were so sympathetic!
It nearly brought the mother to tears....

Spent over an hour in my car ...emptied an E tank and 1/2 an injection and still didn't break.

Honestly the worst one I have had in a while.....I'm usually able to abort quick!

Anyway.....If I do go down this path I will certainly need advice and help in cultivation.

I have a pretty green thum so hopefully that will help!

I hear Ecuadorians, B's or Puerto Ricans are the way to go due to speed of growth and "effect"

Is this true?
Getting close.....
My cycle is now nearly as long as D is PF.....

Much Love!!

Eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
Friend
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #185 on: Feb 14th, 2005, 10:22pm »

I am new to all this and the drug thing.  Are you all talking about mushrooms? If yes...how do you know how to do it and the dose thing and all that.  I just want to know so if nothing else works then I know what to do.  Thanks!!  Angela
IP Logged
tommyD
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Anything not impossible is compulsory.

« Reply #186 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 6:08am »

Friend -  

Yes, they're talking about psilocybin mushrooms. Information is available at: www.clusterbusters.com

Best treatment there is, for many, if only we can prove it. Don't necessarily need to take a trip, and they're not necessarily illegal everywhere, just most places - like the US and Canada...and I'm not so sure about Canada. Legal in the UK (for now) and the Netherlands.

For many, a few small doses - a week apart and barely enough for a buzz - can end a cycle. Others need more effort. Your mileage may vary. This is not for everyone. Folks with a predisposition toward certain mental illnesses should not take hallucinogens of any kind.  

Research thoroughly and ask questions; experts are standing by, or hanging around, or taking a nap somewhere... anyway they'll be by to answer questions.

-tommyD
IP Logged

www.clusterbusters.com
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #187 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 11:56am »

Eric . . .I've heard the ecuadorians are a 1st choice for many new 'farmers' as they are easy to grow, are hearty, and good producers.  I think, as long as you don't pick one of the 'finicky' ones to try first, you can have good results with most of the varieties.  
Yes, Eric, it hasn't slipped our attention that your cycle has been about the length of D's p/f time . . .we'll also notice when you are counting your p/f days .. .weeks .. .months .. .*smiles*
Friend, as tommyD said . . .they appear to be our best bet against the beast .. .and people will be around to answer questions . . .I also second his suggestion of reading www.clusterbusters.com as a lot of questions will be answered .. .along with a lot more being brought up *g*
Thanks tommyD (and others) for watching this thread, and answering people's questions!  much love to you all *smiles*
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #188 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 1:10pm »

on Feb 15th, 2005, 11:56am, miapet wrote:
Eric . . .I've heard the ecuadorians are a 1st choice for many new 'farmers' as they are easy to grow, are hearty, and good producers.  

Just tried these, and I will say this they are potent also.  But have seemed to help immensely.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #189 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 3:44pm »

guesst, *YAY* glad you're finding success!

miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
Friend
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #190 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 6:24pm »

Thanks for the advice...we looked and the site and got all the info we needed.  I did go to the nuero today and he gave me elavil today.  Does anyone know if that works?  He did seem kinda stupid and maybe wasnt listening to me.  He is going to send me for an MRI and EEG so we will see what comes of that.  But I will use the info from that page to make sure I dont get them!!! Thanks again....Angela
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #191 on: Feb 15th, 2005, 6:52pm »

Here's a question regarding detox.......

I happen to have some other HA types as well and I take indocin as a prevent which has deminished those.....I had decresed that for a while b/c it effects stomach yet the zaps came back....

(i tend to ramble..apologies)

If detoxing from the other stuff b/c wanting to try it for CH .....

Does anyone know "from experience" if this might help those as well....Kinda a tougher situation...

Want to get rid of the beast yet when you have "mini beasts" as well ????????????What to do?

Dr. Sewell have an answer for that one?

Thanks a bunch!!!!

Eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #192 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 9:24am »

Eric, what other kind of h/as are you talking about?  I know there has been great help for more than 1 migraner (me included) .. . .
When it's time to dose, I detox D from everything but essential meds.  He used to be on B/P meds, so we kept that (no not Verep) going.  Now, I detox him off everything (he even goes off the supplements) . . .5 day minimum  .. .. and I keep him off for a few days after, to make sure everything 'takes'.
Does this help?
miapet
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
JJA
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Email

« Reply #193 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 9:59am »

Eric, if you can stand it, I'd detox just to be on the safe side. I think I know what you mean about "zaps" (like a cluster pain, but lasting only a few seconds).  I rarely, if ever, get "zaps" except a for a few days after treatment.  Then I get "zapped" for a couple of days before everything clears up. Hopefully this would clear up your "zaps" too. (I think it comes and goes with CH). Things may get worse before they get better, but don't lose faith.

Jesse
IP Logged

Is it illegal because it's dangerous or is it dangerous because it's illegal? Our drug laws are ruining lives.
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #194 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 10:40am »

Eric

I believe indocin (indomethacin) is an NSAID.  Please see the below excerpt from clusterbusters.com
Quote:
4.1.3 Probable non-effective  
There are medications which will probably not interfere with the actions of psilocybin:

1) antibiotics  
2) NSAIDs (non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) such as tylenol (acetaminophen), aspirin, ibuprofen, Vioxx (rofecoxib), etc.  
3) antacids and anti-ulcer medications  
4) asthma medications  
5) insulin  

It must be noted that the above category reflects personal opinions. We have seen no reports of interactions with these medications, and suspect that the mechanisms by which these medications act is too different from the action by which psilocybin and LSD work for there to be any significant interaction.

I used to get those "zaps" occasionally too, which although not officially diagnosed, I put down to idiopathic stabbing headache (now called primary stabbing headache I believe).  Not had one of those at all since dosing some seven months ago.

All the best with it

-Lee
IP Logged
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

« Reply #195 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 12:03pm »

on Feb 16th, 2005, 10:40am, LeeS wrote:
Eric

I believe indocin (indomethacin) is an NSAID.  Please see the below excerpt from clusterbusters.com

I used to get those "zaps" occasionally too, which although not officially diagnosed, I put down to idiopathic stabbing headache (now called primary stabbing headache I believe).  Not had one of those at all since dosing some seven months ago.

All the best with it

-Lee

Bingo!! and thanks for the info!!
Bringing me closer Wink
PF wishes!

Eric
IP Logged

Space in-between them
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #196 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 12:07pm »

eek ..it's Wednesday and, I almost forgot, 39 weeks p/f

sheesh

mia
IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
LeeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
United_Kingdom 

I love C12 H16 N2O!

« Reply #197 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 12:38pm »

So by my calculations, next week will be full term! Roll Eyes

Thereafter, induction maybe necessary. Tell D to stay off the nitroglycerin! Shocked Wink

Congrats!

-Lee
IP Logged
miapet
New Board Hall of Famer

Email

« Reply #198 on: Feb 16th, 2005, 1:49pm »

hehe . . .now Lee . . . ya know all that other stuff we do may lead to the need for nitro hahahahahahah  being h/a free has taken us down many paths of ummmmmmmmm exploration hahahahahahahahahah
thanks for the well wishes . . .you, the other busters, and all potential new busters will be invited to the ceremony *L*
miapet

IP Logged

Clusterbusters Rock
www.clusterbusters.com
BobG
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #199 on: Feb 20th, 2005, 1:07pm »

Bump back to the top.

Have a nice day.  Smiley
IP Logged

Stay stressed. Never relax. Never sleep. Ever.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10  ...  21 Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss