Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 10th, 2024, 1:48pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « just got 02 no bag need info »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   just got 02 no bag need info
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: just got 02 no bag need info  (Read 722 times)
maureen
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

just got 02 no bag need info
« on: Jan 10th, 2005, 1:56pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

hello I just got 02 there is no bag on the mask like in pic is the bag really important and how much 02 should I start with the woman suggests starting at 6 but that dosn't sound like enough after reading some info she said by the sounds of it I probably would get the best info here so what do you think?
IP Logged
Margi
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Nuthin like a good neck rub!

Email

Re: just got 02 no bag need info
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:14pm »

sounds like they gave you a rebreather mask.  That's probably not going to help you, Maureen.  You should have the non-rebreather mask (with the bag) and the flow rate usually needs to be 10 lpm or higher to be effective for cluster.

You'll probably have to get your neuro to write you a new prescription for a non-rebreather mask.  For some obscure reason, in Canada, these are not available without prescription.  However, you can go to Shoppers and buy enough aspirin over the counter to seriously harm yourself, yet try and get a proper O2 mask..... Roll Eyes
IP Logged

http://askusaboutourgrandkids.photosite.com/

And, on the Eighth Day...God created Beer (to stop the Canadians from taking over the world)
source unknown

IMHO (which in my universe is correct)
kathy copelin, ch.com 8/8/06
thomas
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"Hit like a phillips head into my brain."

« Reply #2 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:24pm »

I have a "simple" mask which has no bag either, all you have to do is make sure that you have discs covering the outside vents, and If you want, lift the mask away from your face when you exhale.  The discs keep fresh air from coming in.
IP Logged

Religion and sex are powerplays. Manipulate the people for the money they pay. Selling skin, selling God, the numbers look the same on their credit cards. Triptans cause rebounds. Learn it, believe it, live it. I use triptans as the absolute LAST RESORT when treating my CH.
JoeS
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Junior
USA 

WWW Email

« Reply #3 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:27pm »

Hi Maureen, I had the same problem; got the wrong type of mask.  The "non-rebreather" aspect is very important.  I was able to walk into a local hospital and they just gave me the right type of mask, free of charge.  This was in the U.S., however.  You might be able to do the same thing in a Canadian hospital, but your mileage may vary, especially if you need a perscription for a mask.    Also, I've seen places where you can order non-rebreather masks online.   They are very cheap.

Good luck,
Joe
IP Logged

Your mileage may vary. See your doctor for details. Offer void in Tennessee. Past performance is not indicative of future results. No warranty is expressed or implied. Do not taunt happy fun ball.
broomhilda
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Ride it!

witchilda

« Reply #4 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 2:31pm »

I had the problem with needing a prescription for a non rebreather, its just ridiculous... online purchasing may be a good option or I wonder if there is a pharmacy where you are Maureen where you could just go and buy one, they are pretty cheap...

Sorry you got the wrong one Sad
IP Logged

Suck it up Princess...

Mr. Happy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

If I can do it, it ain't art.

6108764393 6108764393   Randy   Piscatorus
WWW Email

« Reply #5 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:02pm »

http://www.med-worldwide.com/page177.html

Bought masks from these folks, no problemo. Granted, the masks are a tad cheesy, but they work. You need to order at least $10 of product for the online form to work. That comes out to about 6 masks.

They also carry bubblers/humidifiers for $3 or so. Not sure if they're useable w/o an adaptor. All the bubblers I've tried have a much larger intake nipple than a standard air line, and I've never found the adaptors anywhere.
IP Logged

May those who don't want any
Have memories of never getting any.
maureen
New Board Newbie
Scotland 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #6 on: Jan 10th, 2005, 3:10pm »

Thanks people for the advice I am on my way to the dr now I'm sure he will be able to point me in the right direction he has being really good (the only one so far) in listening to me and helping me. If not will get one one way or another
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss