Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 29th, 2024, 11:41pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « LSA vs. other alternatives »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   LSA vs. other alternatives
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: LSA vs. other alternatives  (Read 2599 times)
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

Re: LSA vs. other alternatives
« Reply #25 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 4:27pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hey Flash.  You ever taken HBWS?  Just curious.
IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Pinkfloyd
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

comfortably numb

psiloscribe   pinkshroomrat
WWW Email

« Reply #26 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 5:22pm »

on Jun 7th, 2005, 4:39pm, jokrs2 wrote:
but let me also say that I have noticed "BIG" differences in pharmaceuticals potency as well from one pill to the next

I would attribute this to a couple of things, which aren't about a difference in the actice ingredients, that might cause a difference between brands and pill-pill.
Different brands can and do use different fillers. There is very little active ingredient in most pills. The fillers can make a difference for some people. Some times there are allergic reactions from one that might not be present with another, as an example.

I think there may also be more "outside" influenences at play to account for the pill-pill difference you may notice. Just as we've found different, let's say potencies, with psychedelics, based upon what you may have injested prior to the dose, there is reason to believe (if you believe that) that this might also exist with other meds. Many meds come with instructions to, "take first thing in the morning", "take at bedtime," "take on a full stomach." etc. Some of these are to avoid side effects such as sleepiness, nausea etc, some instructions are to avoid conflicts with other meds/foods/etc.
Common foodstuffs will often make medications more or less potent. Grapefruit juice as an example should not be taken with verapamil.  

So,,,the differences you may notice are probably more attributable to somethng you did, rather than the pharmaceutical company.
 Cheesy
Bobw  
IP Logged

"Nothing is so firmly believed as what we least know."
"There is no passion so contagious as that of fear."
[Michel de Montaigne
www.clusterbusters.com
www.obscuredview.blogspot.com
Lizzie2
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

"L'Chaim"~Hebre w Toast~"To Life"

Lizzie52004  
Email

« Reply #27 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 6:37pm »

Bob,

Very good point.  I had 3 levels of pharmacology courses over the past year, and one night my roommate and I were talking about the class.  She looked at her antibiotic and it had an indication either to take with food or on an empty stomach (antibiotics often go either way, but I forget which hers was)...  

After an entire explanation in class about how even something as simple as taking a drug with food that is supposed to be taken on an empty stomach can change the entire metabolism of the drug and actually, in some cases, render it completely ineffective....she said, "Well!  That must be why it isn't working right and always makes me feel sick!"  haha

Not only do the labels offer those warnings to prevent side effects - but also because they can definitely affect the metabolism of the drug - like the grapefruit juice/verapamil thing.  Plus with the P450 component and hepatic metabolism or enterics, etc...well...that just plays a whole different role with it!

My one doc told me today that because the anti-seizure med I'm currently taking has such a strong P450 effect, then one of the other meds I'm taking is actually pretty useless, and I'm only seeming to experience some of the yucky side effects from it, instead of any benefit.

He's great about explaining certain medications and their related info when I don't know what it is.  This often happens when my neuro prescribes two drugs at two different appointments - and for some reason he sometimes misses those bad combinations or the fact that when a certain medication is not classified as an anticholinergic but has those properties, it may make me lose all connection with reality.. LOL  For this, I'm very greatful that I have the other doc who always takes the time to go through the meds and even look things up right then and there to explain them better.

Soooooo many things to consider!

L2 Smiley
IP Logged

clarence
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Wake up

nailinmyeye
WWW Email

« Reply #28 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 8:33pm »

Rivea Corymbosa seeds delivered today.  

Problem: They were shipped to the wrong address.  They went to the apartment 2 floors above me.  Why?  Who the heck knows?

They aren't home right now.  Or, they are tripping on a load of HBRW and RC.

Casey
IP Logged

NY Yankees Suck!!!

"Bart, don't make fun of Grad students. They just made a terrible life decision," Marge Simpson

Where I live: http://rainfallsoneveryone.com
BikerBob
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

« Reply #29 on: Jun 8th, 2005, 9:10pm »

Casey, that's a potent package... got delivered two floors above you?... got high too soon... Grin

Hope it works wonders on the CH...

PF wishes,
BB
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #30 on: Jun 9th, 2005, 11:15am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

on Jun 8th, 2005, 4:27pm, Bob P wrote:
Hey Flash.  You ever taken HBWS?  Just curious.

No.
IP Logged
Peppermint
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Work it out baby!

172144810 172144810    
Email

« Reply #31 on: Jun 9th, 2005, 11:23am »

I'm really glad everyone's taken the time to post and comment here- there really are a number of things to take note of when considering each alternative treatment.  

Just take note its appreciated more so by your fellow clusterheads.  

p.s. I know you guys like to bust eachother's humps on certain things, but when it boils down to it, it really does bring up some interesting and useful answers....  

mucho love,  
Pepp
IP Logged

You like apples? How ya like them apples?
When playing in the gym, beware of steel beams. - M. Amyx
Carve your name on hearts, and not on marble. - Charles H. Spurgeon

FYI - I am NOT a clusterhead.
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

if ya dont like it take a walk

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #32 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 12:09am »

im doing it with morning glory seeds i took one package 5mgs and im tripping my soxs off so far no real side effects a small discomfort in the stomache but nothing to cry about i took them 4 1/2 hours ago and im still going i hope this works i dont wanna do this again it was nice at 18 not 37 i dont feel right being like this for me im desperate 3 days and nights of k9 and k10 so im praying hard for this to help .
IP Logged
Candycane

Email

« Reply #33 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 12:12am »

You took a package????????????? okay, how many of these do you see now?????????????????????????????????? Grin
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #34 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 11:50am »

ok im still alive but most important im totally pf its been almost 20 hrs , the high wore off about 2am , yeah i took the whole package morning glory seed are smaller i read alot about them from what i read 2 packages is what most take but im a skinny guy and 1 was more than enough , 2 would have been way to much , i didnt do this for the effects , i have no insurance and no money right now the package was 97 cents and if it works as good as its seems to be ill be a very happy camper , im not cronic but my cycles last 4 to 8 weeks normally my last cycle went on for 14 weeks and i need to get this under control so i can find a job before i lose my house. to anyone thats gonna try this method do alot of reading and i mean alot of it you must detox from anything else your taking its best to eliminate any chances of anything going wrong before doing this
IP Logged
javi_spain
New Board Newbie
United_Kingdom 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

« Reply #35 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 1:03pm »

Cazman

I hope you get rid of your cycle, manage to find a job and save your house.

Best of lucks.

Javi
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #36 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 4:31pm »

22 hours pf and holding
IP Logged
stomper
New Board Newbie
USA 

yumpnyimbo

« Reply #37 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 4:56pm »

diet, water intake,  is all very important.a complete diet makeover,  and drink plenty of water. please look into this,as it might help.     pfd&n2u                          jimm
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #38 on: Jun 15th, 2005, 9:04pm »

Startin to smell like another success with LSA. Glad for ya cazman!!!!!!

WYPFDANS,
Bob
IP Logged
Flash

Email

« Reply #39 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 5:11am »

on Jun 15th, 2005, 11:50am, cazman wrote:
to anyone thats gonna try this method do alot of reading and i mean alot of it you must detox from anything else your taking its best to eliminate any chances of anything going wrong before doing this

Well done!
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #40 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 10:32pm »

well they came back in full force from 1 am till 7 pm tonight ive been stable for a few hours just minor shadows the beast had alot a fun today im not givving up im gonna give it another try tomarrow if that dont work time to move one to kudzu thingy something has to work just gotta keep the faith
IP Logged
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #41 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 10:44pm »

Cazman. In my case when I first dosed I was in full CH and the hits continued for a couple of days and then all of a sudden they disappeared. I was still taking kudzu at the time and even after 5 days off it was probably still in my system. I dosed again after 7 days off kudzu and had instant pain relief and have not had a shadow for 12 weeks after 25 years chronic. Hopefully it is just a matter of a little bit more time and your attacks will diminish. Of course any time spent in a CH attack is way too long Undecided. Best wishes Cazman. Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Candycane

Email

« Reply #42 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 10:56pm »

on Jun 16th, 2005, 10:44pm, jokrs2 wrote:
Cazman. In my case when I first dosed I was in full CH and the hits continued for a couple of days and then all of a sudden they disappeared. I was still taking kudzu at the time and even after 5 days off it was probably still in my system. I dosed again after 7 days off kudzu and had instant pain relief and have not had a shadow for 12 weeks after 25 years chronic. Hopefully it is just a matter of a little bit more time and your attacks will diminish. Of course any time spent in a CH attack is way too long Undecided. Best wishes Cazman. Joe

Bare with me, k? Have had a really tough week so far. I had great success the first time I dosed. 3 weeks PF and that is long for me. MY question is, do I wait til I am in pain to dose?Cause thats what I did and man it just didn't stick!!! Do I do a mantaince dose when I am not dieing??? Sorry for being so dense! I am doing only the HB seeds and am chronic and I am a wimp now!
IP Logged
jokrs2
New Board Old Timer
USA 

Eventually He will make us pain free!

Email

« Reply #43 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 11:03pm »

Hi Candycane.
I don't wait for more pain. "I"do maintenance doses at least 1 week apart and usually 2. It is keeping the beast away and that's all I can say about that. Some may not agree with this dosing, but it's working for me. It's still way cheaper than all of the prescription meds that didn't really help in my case. Wish you the best. Joe
IP Logged

Given strength, courage & a sound mind!
Candycane

Email

« Reply #44 on: Jun 16th, 2005, 11:08pm »

on Jun 16th, 2005, 11:03pm, jokrs2 wrote:
Hi Candycane.
I don't wait for more pain. "I"do maintenance doses at least 1 week apart and usually 2. It is keeping the beast away and that's all I can say about that. Some may not agree with this dosing, but it's working for me. It's still way cheaper than all of the prescription meds that didn't really help in my case. Wish you the best. Joe

Hey,Thank you Joe hug
IP Logged
Chillrmn1

Email

« Reply #45 on: Jun 17th, 2005, 4:18am »

Hi CC,

I tend to agree with Joe's philosophy in my case. Prior to attacking the beast with LSA, I was dosing with psilocybin. Found  I was better off at 7 day intervals, was getting 2 - 4 days PF time. Tried the wait and see approach for 14 days once and the beast wouldn't leave me alone. Joe's approach by hitting the beast often offered me more effective results. After reading other's success with LSA, I tried the HBWR seeds, and I had also been sip dosing psilo 5 days prior to seed dosing. After that one LSA dosing, the beast went right into remission, period. Been 5 weeks now totally pain free. I'm not trying to argue against the wait and see approach, just trying to make the point that we're all different so we seem to respond differently. Seems you have to find which way works best for you. As for me, I think my success was attributed to the combination of psilo and LSA working together. BTW- I'm episodic and believe you're chronic, another variable. And you're not a wimp, just hang in there and keep moving forward, I'm sure you'll get there.

Hoping you find the right formula and wishing you PF time,
Bob
IP Logged
cazman
New Board Veteran
USA 

kingcazman
Email

« Reply #46 on: Jun 17th, 2005, 7:59am »

i feel like a lad rat but this has to be cause this beast is mean mean mean im gonna dose tomarrow it will be saturday and the wife will be here if anything should happen well see what happens .
IP Logged
cynthy
New Board Newbie
USA 

just go away !

Email

« Reply #47 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 11:08am »

well I'm back again still looking for some relief, since I'm having a hard time with my farm, and can't get any more L S D,  I thought I would give the rivea seeds a try last night, so here is my experience
I soaked 3 crushed seeds for 2.5 hours in water, strained and drank, it was 11:40 pm,
(I work nites and sleep days so it was my morning)
I really didn't feel any difference as my thought process felt the same , it was around 1:30 and I felt sad and was going through the "poor me" phase, I had been putting off a good cry for a while now anyway and no I'm not depressed, I ended up talking myself out of it, didn't want to go there, have to self pity another day. What I did experience physically was that my legs felt very heavy and tight especially the upper thigh, it was like the effects you would get from working out, not sure what that was all about,  
at around 3am was really tired and went to sleep, really went to sleep, no ch !  I always get hit when I try to sleep so I don't have to tell you how surprised I was when I woke at 8 this morning by myself, not with a ch wake up call ! So I feel really good this morning, and hoping the next time I shut my eyes they will not come back,
does anyone know how long between you should wait between doses ?
hoping all  success and cazman, let us know how you did last night, hope all went well and your pf
cynthy
IP Logged
nani
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Got kudzu?

« Reply #48 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 11:33am »

Hey cynthy!! This is not my area of expertise (actually I don't have any areas of expertise LOL) but I think the average is to dose every 7 days at first.  

I'm sure someone who really knows will come along. Glad you're getting a bit of a break. Keep us posted. PF wishes and hugs, nani
IP Logged

Others may come and go, but MY power is MINE.
Candycane

Email

« Reply #49 on: Jun 18th, 2005, 12:14pm »

Well al I can say is I waited 3 weeks cause I was feeling soooo good BIG MISTAKE!!!! I was taking the HRWB seeds though but am going to try the Rivea Corymbosa ones next. Again the HRWB ones worked I just messed not doing the mantainece doses.  

Good Luck!!! Happy you got sleep ( whats that like? ) Grin
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss