Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 7:52am

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Provigil ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2005
(Moderator: DJ)
   Provigil ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Provigil ?  (Read 438 times)
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Provigil ?
« on: Nov 3rd, 2005, 10:09am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Anyone tried this for ch?

Any information would be appreciated.

Tracey  Tongue
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
Roxy
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Email

Re: Provigil ?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 10:59am »

HELP!!
IP Logged

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. (Einstein)

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke.
E-Double
CH.com Alumnus
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Are we ourselves?

Edoubleitk   Edoubleitk1
Email

Re: Provigil ?
« Reply #2 on: Nov 4th, 2005, 11:24am »

Quote:
 #1    04-11-2004, 09:51 PM  
 C4quad.inc  
Distinguished Community Member   Join Date: Mar 2004

Provigil  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------

It was developed for narcolepsy.Many hace good resulktys without the adverse reactions attributed to stimulants.There is a pgrm to provide it if you are unable to afford it.

PROVIGIL N.O.R.D. 800-675-8415

Brand name:
Provigil
Pronounced: PRO-vi-jil  
Generic name: Modafinil

Why is this drug prescribed?

Provigil is a stimulant drug used to prevent the excessive daytime sleepiness suffered by people with narcolepsy.

Most important fact about this drug

Provigil, like other stimulants, has the potential for abuse. It can alter your mood, perception, thinking, and feelings, providing an artificial "lift" and potentially leading to a certain degree of dependence (although discontinuation of the drug does not produce physical withdrawal symptoms). Make a point of taking only the prescribed dose: Never increase the dose or take additional doses.

-

How should you take this medication?

Food does not reduce the effectiveness of this medication. However, it will delay the onset of action by approximately 1 hour.

--If you miss a dose...

Take it as soon as possible. If you don't remember until the next day, skip the dose you missed and go back to your regular schedule. Do not take a double dose.

--Storage instructions...

Store at room temperature.

What side effects may occur?

Side effects cannot be anticipated. If any develop or change in intensity, tell your doctor as soon as possible. Only your doctor can determine if it is safe for you to continue taking Provigil.

More common side effects may include:  
Anxiety, depression, diarrhea, difficulty sleeping, dizziness, dry mouth, headache, infection, loss of appetite, loss of muscle strength, lung problems, nausea, nervousness, prickling or tingling feeling, runny nose, sore throat  

Less common side effects may include:  
Abnormal ejaculation, amnesia, asthma, chest pain, chills, confusion, difficulty breathing, difficulty urinating, dry skin, face muscle spasms, fainting, fever, gum inflammation, herpes simplex, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat, joint difficulties, low blood pressure, loss of muscle coordination, mood swings, mouth ulcer, neck pain, nosebleed, stiff neck, tense muscles, thirst, tremor, vision problems, vomiting  

Why should this drug not be prescribed?

If Provigil gives you an allergic reaction, you'll need to avoid it.

Special warnings about this medication

If you have high blood pressure, liver disease, or a history of psychosis or drug abuse, use Provigil with caution. Be sure your doctor knows your medical history before you begin this medication.

Provigil should be avoided by people with certain types of heart disease such as mitral valve prolapse. If you've ever had a heart problem, be sure to check with the doctor before using this drug.

Provigil may impair your judgment, thinking, or motor skills. You should not drive a car or operate hazardous machinery until you know how this medication affects you.

Oral and implantable contraceptives are less effective while you are taking Provigil. You should use an additional method of contraception while you are taking Provigil and for one month after discontinuing this medication.

Possible food and drug interactions when taking this medication

The effect of combining Provigil with alcohol has not been studied. It's considered wise to avoid alcohol while taking the drug.

If Provigil is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered. It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining Provigil with any of the following:  

Antidepressants such as Effexor, Elavil, Pamelor, Paxil, Prozac, and Tofranil  
Carbamazepine (Tegretol)  
Clomipramine (Anafranil)  
Cyclosporine (Sandimmune)  
Diazepam (Valium)  
Itraconazole (Sporanox)  
Ketoconazole (Nizoral)  
MAO inhibitors such as the antidepressants Nardil and Parnate  
Methylphenidate (Ritalin)  
Oral contraceptives and hormonal implants  
Phenobarbital  
Phenytoin (Dilantin)  
Propranolol (Inderal)  
Rifampin (Rifater)  
Theophylline (Theo-Dur)  
Warfarin (Coumadin)

I have read about it here but can not recall who took it.
Maybe Lizzie (Carrie)
I have no experience with it...sorry.

Feel good,

Eric
IP Logged

I can't believe that I have to bang my
Head against this wall again
But the blows they have just a little more
Space in-between them
Gonna take a breath and try again.
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss