Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Apr 26th, 2024, 8:03pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « Any info on Imetrix ? »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   Any info on Imetrix ?
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Any info on Imetrix ?  (Read 681 times)
Merc

Email

Any info on Imetrix ?
« on: Feb 17th, 2002, 3:19am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi all Smiley
I've been suffering for years but was only put onto Imetrix this cycle (up until now I only used oxygen). First my doc prescribed the Nasal spray (20mg disposabled). It worked ! Not as fast as the oxygen, but after 15 to 20 mins I am relativly pain free. The cost of this med is quite hiegh and "2 or 3 of these a day is just to expensive !", I said, so she prescribed the pill. 100 mg Imetrix pill also worked, but only after 30 to 40 mins, and to be honest sometimes 40 mins alone with the beast is a bit to much for me. So my question is, (yes I am asking a question) whats the deal with the Imetrix injections ? I'm stuch out here in the Holy Land (Israel) and just dont have acsses to a good docter, pharmisist or information. Im in my 4th week of (probably) a 6 week cycle and would love to get back to my life as my wife should be givving birth in the next two weeks !
IP Logged
ave

Email

Re: Any info on Imetrix ?
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 6:13am »

Smiley
Hello Merc,

I don't take Imitrex myself but since you are on a different time scale over there, you won't get replies before all the guys get out of bed...

It is generally accepted here that Imitrex pills do very little for you. Nasal spray might and injections are tops - if they work for you.

Check out the medical info top left on this message board, also the imitrex tip.

Good luck
IP Logged
Bob P
New Board Hall of Famer
USA 

Shut up Bob!

WWW Email

http://pahlow.net/images/Re: Any info on Imetrix ?
« Reply #2 on: Feb 17th, 2002, 10:18pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Imitrex injection susually work in 5-10 minutes.  Here's some info:
http://www.clusterheadaches.org/library/medications/imitrex1.htm

IP Logged

Mrs. Barlow, I never, and I repeat never, ever pissed in your steam iron.

"SHUT UP HUB!"
Ann
New Board Hall of Famer
Canada 

Annage

Email

« Reply #3 on: Feb 20th, 2002, 6:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi!

I've been on imitrex injections since september of last year.  I use to take zomig pills but like your imitrex pills they don't kick in fast enough.  The imitrex injections abort the pain within 5 minutes for me.  I timed it again this morning....5 minutes almost to the second.  I don't know how Isurvived before I discovered imitrex.  Sometimes the needle hurts a little...but I can live with that! Tongue

Good luck and PFDAN to you
IP Logged
vangogh71

Email

« Reply #4 on: Feb 21st, 2002, 9:25am »

Hi Merc,

Imitrex has been the most effective medication for my CH's.  I use the Nasal spray and it takes about 10-20 mins depending on the severity of the attack.  I have not tried the injections however from discussions with others it seems to be very effective.  

Oxygen had little effect for me, but I believe I was not taking enough at the time so I may try it in this cycle that just started on Monday.

Cory
IP Logged
DavidGoldberg

Email

« Reply #5 on: Feb 25th, 2002, 9:48pm »

Hi,
I got no relief from Imitrex but got great results form Maxalt MLT. 10 minutes total relief with no rebound.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss