Yet Another Bulletin Board

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 18th, 2024, 1:10pm

Home Home Help Help Search Search Members Members Member Map Member Map Login Login Register Register
Clusterheadaches.com Message Board « i slept the whole night... »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board
   New Message Board Archives
   Medications, Treatments, Therapies 2002
(Moderator: DJ)
   i slept the whole night...
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: i slept the whole night...  (Read 541 times)
okudik

Email

i slept the whole night...
« on: Mar 12th, 2002, 2:59pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

What a wonderful website this is...what a relief, to know there are others out there with this...thing...anyhow, have dealt with them since13, now 42, got out of the 'standard' medical loop about 10 yrs ago, 'cause the cures were getting so toxic, the last 2 were an inhaled steroid and inderal.  Now i use a fan on me at night, water by the bed, caffeine, chiro, and, the reason for this post, alcohol.  I don't normally drink at all during the cycle, cause it is instant agony, but out of just not giving a fuck one night years past i kept on drinking right through that initial headache, and the one an hour or so after that, and kept on drinking, hard liquor, and by golly, after most of a fifth i went to be and slept the whole night through.  No pain, no shadows, the whole next day, either... granted i had a whopping hangover, and the headache that goes with it, but pffft, that's a joy to behold next to the beast.  That particular cycle, that was the first solid night's sleep i had in over a month.  I have used it on many occaisons since, and while alcohol is a coarse, crude painkiller, it has worked for me when i had to get some respite from the pain.  Now when i get to that point in the cycle, i make sure there are no interactions to worry about, i eat a good meal, i drink strong hard liquor to cut down on the volume, i have coffee on the side to help a bit with the one or two i will probably trigger, and i use nature's second oldest cluster headache treatment, the first being i am sure a tall cliff... hope this helps.  peace and pain free to all
IP Logged
kim
New Board Newbie
USA 

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: i slept the whole night...
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12th, 2002, 6:38pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

What a Pisser!  You are my kinda warrior!  Totally relate!  The coffee is my sword.  Booze, well, I tend to throw up...  I've gotten attacks IN bars and it was not pretty.  Then again, I've remained in bars through an attack (order an irish coffee and swig) and when the attack passes i continued drinking and had a thoroughly entertaining evening!  I've been in weddings through ch's.  One time this girl at the wedding sat next to me.  I wasn't doing too good and lo and behold she whips out all these pills!  Here, have a fiorinol she says.  So, i popped it, had coffee and an hour later was shakin up the dance floor.  Many times, these remedies help us through.   Me and the Beast have a HISTORY.  It's like a marriage.  Sometimes you find a truce and other times, it's WAR!  Anyway, PFDAN to you!
IP Logged
studebaker

Email

« Reply #2 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 3:23am »

You the man!  Anybody that can face the beast head on with booze and stay out of the mental ward I got to give credit to.  I don't know if your headaches are scheduled or not, but I have recently been able to stop a severe cycle dead in it's tracks by using a cheap vitamin called melatonin.  I used 3g before bedtime.  MAybe the beast is just waiting, but I really feel great and normally the cycle lasts 2-3 months.  I really like your method, but booze has almost always triggered an immediate CH for me
IP Logged
okudik

Email

« Reply #3 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 5:59pm »

Yes, i only use this method after my ragged ass has been shocked awake one too many times!  Been reading up on the melatonin, as this seems to at least be working at the source, but see a whole lot of variance on the dose.  Some take as high as 9 mg., some as low as 300mcg.  I'm gonna be stupid for now and assume that 1,000 mcg=1mg, so there is a difference of, like, 30 x the dosage!  I think i will just 'take 2 tabs and see what happens', in this case the tabs are 375 mcg, so that will total three quarters of one milligram as a dose.  Small, but i will work up and note what happens, 'cause if the meds trigger the beast... well, i just fucking hate it when that happens!  Thanks for the input and responses, and pain free time to you all...
IP Logged
Mattso

Email

« Reply #4 on: Mar 13th, 2002, 6:53pm »

"but I have recently been able to stop a severe cycle dead in it's tracks by using a cheap vitamin called melatonin"

Hey Studebaker,

What brand of Melatonin did you use? (would love to know, because apparently there can be major differences from brand to brand).

Thanks
IP Logged
Lawann

Email

« Reply #5 on: Mar 24th, 2002, 10:04pm »

What brand of melatonin have you used?
IP Logged
Mattso

Email

« Reply #6 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 1:28am »

Hi Lawann,

I asked Studebaker about his Melatonin dose on the "Thanks - Melatonin advice worked" topic, and he replied: GNC brand 3mg.
IP Logged
Mattso

Email

« Reply #7 on: Mar 25th, 2002, 1:29am »

Hi Lawann,

I asked Studebaker about his Melatonin dose on the "Thanks - Melatonin advice worked" topic, and he replied: GNC brand 3mg.
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Notify of replies Notify of replies Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »

Clusterheadaches.com Message Board » Powered by YaBB 1 Gold - SP 1.3.1!
YaBB © 2000-2003. All Rights Reserved.

©1998-2010 Web Vision Enterprises All rights reserved. All information on this site is protected by international copyright laws. You may not re-distribute any information from this site without written permission from Web Vision Enterprises and the webmaster of this site. Violators will be prosecuted.
You may view our privacy policy and financial disclosure statement here

test rss